Raid Pet Guide for MoP!

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Khloe
Pet Score:10048
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Raid Pet Guide for MoP!

Post by Khloe » January 5th, 2014, 12:13 am

Hi there everyone! A lot of you have started raiding and have been asking what bosses drop pets. In this guide I will cover all of the pets that drop from Throne of Thunder (ToT) and Siege of Orgrimmar (SoO). I will also include what tokens you will need to use for your extra rolls on each boss.

What are extra rolls?

Extra rolls are available, if you have tokens to use. The tokens you will need for Throne of Thunder, are called Mogu Runes of Fate. You can obtain these tokens from the Timeless Isle from the vender Mistweaver Ali. They will cost 1000 Timeless coins for each Mogu Rune of Fate. You can only have 20 Mogu Runes of Fate at a time. The tokens you will need for Seige of Orgrimmar, are called Warforged Seals. You can obtain these tokens by collecting 50 Lesser Charms of Good Fortune and turning them into the Charm Makers at the shrines in Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Elder Liao, is the Charm Maker for the Horde and Elder Lin, is the Charm Maker for the Alliance. You will only be able to get 3 tokens a week, but if you save them you can have as many as 10 tokens at a time.

Now that you have your tokens, it is time to use them! At the end of each raid encounter a box will appear on your screen. To use your token, click on the dice in the box. If you choose not to use a roll, click on pass. You can use your tokens in LFR, Flex, Normal and Heroic versions of raids. When you use your token, you have a chance to get loot and pets that drop from the boss or gold!

What pets drop from what bosses?

Throne of Thunder Pets

[pet]Pygmy Direhorn[/pet] This pet drops from the boss Horridon in LFR (Looking for Raid) Normal, and Heroic. For a bonuse roll on this boss, you will need a Mogu Rune of Fate in LFR.

[pet]Living Sandling[/pet] This pet can drop from the trash mobs before the Elder Council encounter on Normal and Heroic versions of the raid. You're also able to obtain this pet in LFR from the loot off of Elder Council. Bonus rolls on the boss only work in LFR for this pet.

[pet]Ji-Kun Hatchling[/pet] This pet drops from the boss Ji-Kun in LFR, Normal, and Heroic versions of this raid. A Mogu Rune of Fate can be used for a bonus roll in LFR.

[pet]Living Fluid[/pet] This pet only drops from the LFR version of Primordius. However, you can still use a Mogu Rune of Fate, for your bonus roll.

[pet]Viscous Horror[/pet] This elusive pet only drops from the Normal and Heroic versions of Primordius. According to a recent tweet, this pet is only a boss drop from normal/heroic. You can't use a bonus roll to get this pet.

[pet]Son of Animus[/pet] This pet drops from the Dark Animus encounter. It can be obtained in LFR, Noramal, and Heroic versions of this raid. You can also use a Mogu Rune of Fate for a bonus roll in LFR.

Siege of Orgrimmar Pets

[pet]Gooey Sha-ling[/pet] This pet drops from the Sha of Pride encounter. You can obtain it in LFR and Flex versions of this raid. A Warforged Seal is needed for a bonus roll.

[pet]Droplet of Y'Shaarj[/pet] This pet drops from the Sha of Pride encounter as well. However you can only get it from the Flex, Normal, and Heroic versions of this raid. A Warforged Seal is needed for a bonus roll.

[pet]Blackfuse Bombling[/pet] This pet drops from the Siegecrafter Blackfuse encounter. You can obtain it in LFR, Flex, Normal, and Heroic versions of this raid. A Warforged Seal is needed for a bonus roll.

[pet]Kovok[/pet] This pet drops from the Paragons of the Klaxxi encounter. You can obtain it in LFR, Flex, Normal, and Heroic versions of this raid. A Warforged Seal is needed for a bonus roll.

These are all of the pets that drop out of these two raids. I've tried to list them in order as they appear in the raid. If you have any questions please feel free to comment below or contact me in game on Kenzy-Madoran or Khloe-Kil'Jaeden. Take care and good luck getting your raid pets!!! ;)
Last edited by Khloe on January 29th, 2014, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fogg
Top Rater
Pet Score:5037
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Raid Pet Guide for MoP!

Post by Fogg » January 14th, 2014, 9:31 am

LOVELY Khloe,

I just found this post & had to add my thanks as well, i'll be making a hard copy & posting it on my desk. You just saved me from useless rolling & saving my coins for where they will do the most good.

THANK YOU & HUGS :D

Khloe

Post by Khloe » January 16th, 2014, 1:54 pm

No problem! I'm glad this post has helped out a few people! ^_^

Khloe

Post by Khloe » January 29th, 2014, 9:49 am

I just read this tweet post on MMO Champions. Apparently we can only get the Viscous Horror as a boss drop. >_< This is so frustrating to me... I've never seen this pet drop. I've killed it almost 30 times now. Grrr...

@olandgren Is it possible to get the pet from Primordius from a bonus roll on normal/heroic? Can't find a definite answer anywhere.

@ScoobyDew79 Quivering Blob is only Bonus Rollable in ToT LFR. It doesn't change the chance of an item dropping from that bonus roll.
11:03am - 28 Jan 14

@olandgren So Dark Quivering Blob from normal/heroic is boss drop only? Ie, bonus rolls don't have a chance for it?

@ScoobyDew79 Correct. However, you can bonus roll Siege pets in appropriate difficulties due to community feedback about Quivering Blob.

@olandgren Thanks for clarification. It's a bummer, but at least I don't have to make sure everyone has runes for our weekly kill.

Sunflowerac1
Pet Score:3678
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Sunflowerac1 » February 1st, 2019, 3:38 pm

I got the Viscous Horror off of lfr Primordius I personally think it was a bug but happy hunting everyone

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 1st, 2019, 8:42 pm

Khloe wrote:
January 5th, 2014, 12:13 am
Hi there everyone! A lot of you have started raiding and have been asking what bosses drop pets. In this guide I will cover all of the pets that drop from Throne of Thunder (ToT) and Siege of Orgrimmar (SoO). I will also include what tokens you will need to use for your extra rolls on each boss.
Many thanks for the time you took to put this info together. Really helpful for those of us taking advantage of BfA leveled toons to go back and try to pick up pets we gave up on back in MoP.

Khloe wrote:
January 5th, 2014, 12:13 am
Viscous Horror This elusive pet only drops from the Normal and Heroic versions of Primordius. According to a recent tweet, this pet is only a boss drop from normal/heroic. You can't use a bonus roll to get this pet.
One minor correction (maybe), I don't have first-hand experience on this but were some reports of people getting the Dark Quivering Blob in LFR back in July of last year, and another week-old post on Wowhead saying it drops in LFR now.

Cattirickitt
Pet Score:9671
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Post by Cattirickitt » February 11th, 2019, 5:47 pm

I just got the blob on heroic doing it solo