Looking for a friendly guild

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Sunborne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5096
Realm:Madoran-us
Looking for a friendly guild

Post by Sunborne » March 7th, 2016, 4:11 pm

Hello all!
I've had some friends tell me that there are several guilds on Madoran for battle pets and that I should join one of them, and I'd like to know a bit more about them before I transferred. I guess I'm inquiring if there are any types of tournaments or if any raids are run for pets and any other kind of guild activities. How active are they, and are they Alliance or Horde?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Looking for a friendly guild

Post by Jerebear » March 7th, 2016, 8:49 pm

We link up 5 guilds on Madoran using the Greenwall addon:
WarcraftPets
Magical Menagerie
Pet Peeves
Littlest Pet League
Dead Mole Society

The top 3 are the main guilds. LPL is for tournaments (I don't know if they still do them, but most make an alt in this guild if they participate...you'd have to ask if they still do the tourneys). I forget what Dead Mole Society is for.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Petzy
Pet Score:11826
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Petzy » March 8th, 2016, 12:01 pm

Dead Mole Society was because Doob liked the name, I think when he made it the language restrictions were looser except if you were using Greenwall but I am not sure. Having so many guilds was because so many people were interested there was too many for the Guild limit. :(

Tizril runs the Tournaments in LPL but participation was dropping & she is very busy right now, so she has passed the GM position on, I do not know if the new GM will be having any Tournaments or not. I hope she will be back when she has more time, hopefully for Legion and if she is I think she would be doing Tournaments again.

If you have Greenwall, membership in any guild is sort of like being in all of them at the same time but I think atm Magical Menagerie is considered the most active.

We also have a guild on Stormrage Alliance, but the members are mostly alts from Madoran & seldom on. I would like to do Tournaments there but I don't know if we would get enough interested..... :?

Sunborne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5096

Post by Sunborne » March 8th, 2016, 2:14 pm

Thank you Jere and Petzy for the responses. I'm definitely interested. I have a few things to consider first and will have a decision on my next move on Friday. I'm really interested in hosting tournaments with unique themes (if that would be a possibility and okay with everyone) if I transferred, I use to do that in a previous guild and many seemed to like the ideas I came up with. I'll make an alt on Madoran this week and try to check it out. It sounds like a really nice realm with good people.

Petzy
Pet Score:11826
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Petzy » March 8th, 2016, 2:59 pm

Sunborne wrote:Thank you Jere and Petzy for the responses. I'm definitely interested. I have a few things to consider first and will have a decision on my next move on Friday. I'm really interested in hosting tournaments with unique themes (if that would be a possibility and okay with everyone) if I transferred, I use to do that in a previous guild and many seemed to like the ideas I came up with. I'll make an alt on Madoran this week and try to check it out. It sounds like a really nice realm with good people.
Tournaments with themes was very much what Tiz was doing. You can look in the forums to see what her past ones were. If you are providing the prizes I doubt anyone will mind you doing Tournaments, if you want to use the guild prizes you will need to be in LPL & have permission from the GM since they will need to be there to give out the prizes. They are in a special tab and winners are promoted 1 at a time to choose what they want, only the GM can do that I think.

I do hope you like the Guilds on Madoran, you will def have lots of pet people company! :lol:

Fythra
Pet Score:12907

Post by Fythra » March 9th, 2016, 11:08 am

Greetings, Sunborne.

I am the Co-Admin for Warcraftpets (Shadovari) and officer in MM/PP. We'd love to have you join our family of guilds. This is a fantastic group of people. Petzy said it well.

I am also the new GM for Littlest Pet League, taking over the duty for Tizril. I have not given any thought about tournaments yet. I just found out this morning :). However, you are welcome to host your own tournaments, though as Petzy said, attendance has been falling. The last tournament had less then 10 participants. I think it's end of the expansion blues, so to speak. I will have to be there to promote people to pick their prize. Theme tournaments are the best and the most fun, imo :)