Recruitment - Member Introductions

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Kodah
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Recruitment - Member Introductions

Post by Kodah » December 5th, 2012, 4:31 pm

All,
Kodah here, looking to join up with an Alt character that I would love to play on this server with other pet enthusiasts. I'm very excited after reading about this. I did not see anywhere where we have a sticky post for new member letters or posts.

I have just recently started with the pet collecting and am up to 334 pets. I am enjoying this aspect of Wow way more than I ever expected and I think it is so great what so many of you have already done with this website and organizing everything. I often play in the living room on the laptop in order to watch some television shows with my wife and the pet battling is a perfect pace for this.

I started playing W.o.W during Open Beta so many years ago. I moved over to Wow from Everquest and our guild as a whole moved over from EQ to Wow to the Silverhand server on the Alliance side. Things did not go as we had expected and I found myself logging onto my Horde Alt more and more. I enjoyed the Lore of the Horde side and the quests Horde side more and that soon became my preference. I joined up with a great bunch that were playing PVP in the battlegrounds together and soon after I had found a new guild tabard to proudly wear. We were working on taking down Ragnaros weekly back then. I also was doing the crazy grind for HighWarlord back then as the same time. The Gates of Ahn Q, quests opened up and I found myself playing stretched too thin. I ended up cutting myself off cold turkey and dropped Wow in order to spend more time with my family. I have a wife and 3 children and I was not balancing my time as I could and should have.

I tried out Lord of the Rings later down the road and then Guild wars but nothing seemed to compare to Wow. I still resisted and did not get back into the game until Jan. 2012 when my boys started playing the starter version. It didn't take long and I found myself signing back up for Wow and buying the missing expansions. It was very intense learning all there was to learn from 3 expansions that had been released since I had played last. The guild I was in before was still up and running strong. I rejoined them and have been enjoying every minute of our time back in Azeroth.

I find myself balancing my time now. The new game mechanics certainly help with this. No more PVP grind, no more raiding for 16 hours a weekend for one piece of loot and the learning experiences from wiping 5 times. Things have certainly changed and although there are certainly some things I miss about the vanilla experience, I sure love all the amazing content and developements.

I play a 90 Ord Shaman, ( Resto/ Ele ) on Horde side on silverhand named Kodah. I prefer the Restoration ( Healing ) during both Raids, Dungeons and PVP. Still hang on to some of my old habits from the old days =). I started an Orc Monk this morning that I am looking to join WarcraftPets Guild so will be contacting someone soon.

Thank you for your consideration! For the Horde!
Toons on Madoran: Kodah - 59 Monk, Zodah 58 DK, Beltz - 18 Priest
Last edited by Kodah on December 26th, 2012, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thralla
MVP
Pet Score:2070
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Recruitment - Member Introductions

Post by Thralla » December 9th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Hi Kodah and welcome.

Thralla

P.S. I liked your name and gave it to my Prairie Dog.

P.P.S. Edit to add my own introduction. It's a wall o'text - I'm loquacious, sorry.
My brother introduced me to Runescape, and after playing with him for a year, he disappeared. "Where did you go?" I asked. "I found a much better game" he responded, and I didn't believe him. A few weeks later, I was in his neck of the woods for Christmas, and he demonstrated his new game. He and an ingame friend, Mothar, were in Felwood grinding out Timbermaw rep with their gorgeous Taurens. He let me try the character creation and a couple levels on the gnome mage I made. On my way back home to the other side of the state, I stopped and bought my own copy of the game and started loading it onto my computer while I unloaded my car from the trip. On a cold night in December of 2005, with 250 MB of RAM, I started my journey through Azeroth. Seven years and a whole lot more RAM later, I'm still enjoying my time in this wide and wonderful world.

We started out Horde, but a year later discovered extensive, extended family on a different server, and playing Alliance. My brother fairly quickly made the leap over. I quit the game for several months as I couldn't bear to leave my Tauren hunter behind. Eventually, I made my way back to play with three generations of family. It was hard though, to create a new "main" character. To make matters worse the new server was PVP. I still remember the first time a Tauren jumped off his Kodo to kill me. "But! But!! I LOVE you!" I screamed at my monitor as the mean cow rode away. Though I now have more time played Alliance side, a little place in my heart has remained Horde strong.

I learned long ago to "play my way", as keeping up with the Virtual Joneses will drive you insane. You'll always not be epic enough in someway. So for me, the game is my characters. My goal has been to play a female of every race to "end game" which is for me, max level and that's pretty much it, unless there's something else that I'd really like to try with that race/class/spec. I didn't really plan my professions well, so I've ended up playing two of several races. My Alliance characters have their own backstory, and many are intertwined together. My horde backstories are not as strong since I haven't played them much. Maybe this is the expansion I create them.

I am greatly enjoying my time in the WPG, and have pretty much abandoned my Alliance characters because I am having such fun on Madoran (and also in part, due to the vicious and mean cows and their cohorts who rain out of the sky to kill my poor little characters basically by sneezing on them despite my protestations that I LOVE them). I still have several horde characters on my original server that I want to bring over, AFTER I play the ones I have on Madoran now - so I keep telling myself. Right now in the guild I am: Thralla, YawningTiger (or Santa Paws during the holidays) who is always ready to port you some place, Ushna, and Quietstar. I am a couple of baby toons too, but these four are the ones I will be playing before I play the others(of course, you never know!).

I still love playing with my friends and family Alliance-side, but being a part of this guild has breathed new life into my game time. Thank you for being such a great community in which to belong.
Last edited by Thralla on December 20th, 2012, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radnok
Pet Score:4023

Post by Radnok » December 11th, 2012, 11:18 am

Hi Kodah and welcome

Here on the forums I am Radnok, but on Madoran, in guild, my main is Pandirella (name inspired by Vampirella), a Pandaran hunter I have been leveling. Igasho is one of my alts, an Orc Paladin (first time playing a Paladin).

I am new to the Horde, so I am having a lot of fun leveling through the Horde quests and learning the lore.

WoW history begins in early 2009 when some of my long time gaming friends talked me into giving it a whirl. This would be moderately early Wrath.

I started playing Dungeons and Dragons ages ago, back when it was a bunch of tan colored booklets and long prior to it becoming AD&D (and Basic D&D).

Although I have played a variety of computer RPGs, WoW is the first (and only ) such game I have played. Kind of surprising as I used to work for the 3DO company back when it acquired Meridian 59.

One of the reasons I chose to join the guild is that I enjoy Pet Battles and pet collecting. Add to that the good people in the guild, it's been a lot of fun. I am more of a casual player, although I like to raid when time permits, but only casually.

Hope to see you on server some time.
Radnok (Alliance/Kilrogg)
Igasho/Pandirella (Horde/Madoran)

Tejana
Pet Score:5124

Post by Tejana » December 20th, 2012, 4:50 am

Hey :) Thought this was a nice idea!

I'm Tejana in the guild (also Alleuria, Llyllyth, Lylly, Vyone, Adallyah and Tatjana - think that's all so far lol). I Started playing late 2008, just after Wrath was released. I started Alliance on Jubei 'Thos (Oceanic PVP) but eventually came to my senses and discovered horde ;D I'm now in the process of transferring some of my more loved toons over onto Madoran.

I love achievements, raiding stresses me out! I'm loving the guild, everyone is so friendly and very laid back. Being in Australia I miss out on some of the more social aspects and there's quite a few members I haven't met, but it's getting busier and very enjoyable. So glad to be a part of it all :)

(Edited because I forgot poor Vyone ;D)
Last edited by Guest on December 20th, 2012, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506

Post by Syrrie » December 20th, 2012, 4:43 pm

@ Kodah: It's so neat to see someone from Silver Hand on here!

I've been meaning to roll and level a character to join the guild for a while now and I've just not gotten around to it yet. ^^;;
Image Image

Gorja
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Gorefiend-us

Post by Gorja » December 20th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Hi there Gorja here!

I started playing WoW back in 2006. My husband was very much into the game and I used to watch him play every night for hours on end, saying I dont see how you do this lol. Well we went through something that challenged my sanity and I sort of went all clingy on him and would sit behind him asking questions about every single thing that he did in game and why he did it that way. One day I guess I just asked one too many questions because he stood up, sat me down, pulled up a character screen and said here figure out what you would like to play and find the answers to your own questions lol. My first character was a Blood Elf Rogue named Gorja, for the only reasons that Blood Elves were pretty and a Rogue could go all invisible. Great reasoning as far as I am concerned. Now here we are 6 years later and I'm the one that plays all the time and he has to come to me for WoW answers. Funny how things work out lol.

My husband also started my pet collecting, he sent me a Blue Dragonhawk Hatchling and I was super excited that you could have pets in the game and not be a hunter. Dragonhawks were my "gateway drug" lol. Now he helps support my habbit. My favorite pet is also a gift from the husband, I had the pleasure of a Wind Rider plushy showing up on my door step one anniversary and the in game pet has been my favorite since then, not only is he cute but he has sentimental value as well.

So now I have a little priesty with the name of Gorja in this super awesome guild that shares my interest in pets, if not more so and it is amazing. I find myself on this priest more than much loved rogue because the people in my main guild just dont understand and I am super tired of hearing "Raiding > Pets!" I dont agree with that statement so I have run away and found a nice new home =)

Tizril
Pet Score:4419
BattleTag®:Tizril#1624

Post by Tizril » December 20th, 2012, 11:58 pm

Hi all, Tiz here!

I've been playing wow for longer than I can remember. Though that doesn't say much since my memory is like Dory from Finding Nemo. It was vanilla anyway....

Started out as Alliance on Maelstrom (RPPvP) because our friend who got us into it played there. Really didn't like it, lots of jerks, lots of ganking, icky icky. Not a nice experience for a new player anyway. (I'm sure it's probably not so bad now, but at the time, yuck) Almost quit, but then heard about these wonderful realms called "PvE". So then it was Horde on Ysera, which rocked. Then family started playing, and horde was "too ugly" for their tastes, so it was Alliance on Ysera (boooooooo!) Anyway, excited to be back on horde! I find htere's better lore and a lot mroe comedy in the quest text on horde side.

Anyhoo, I'm an altoholic and petoholic, currently at 440. So far really just the one toon on Madoran, but there will be more. There always is >.< They'll all be tiz's, I'm easy to identify, lol. If anyone ever needs anything, just let me know, I love to help whenever I can :) It's been real great playing with y'all. This guild is full of great people.

Barlafumble
Pet Score:12121
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Post by Barlafumble » December 21st, 2012, 3:22 pm

Hi all, Barla here.

I've been a lurker here for quite a while, but finally decided to join the guild on Madoran. Like Tiz, I started on Maelstrom because a friend played there but I really really really hated being ganked while fishing, etc. I moved to a PvE server shortly after and have been happy ever since.

I'm a hoarder and I get distracted by shiny things. I don't have a lot of pets, but I am happy with my 200 or so I've collected. I haven't been worrying about getting rares yet, I'm always really just happy adding something "new" to my mini legion.

I just started a toon (Barlafumble) on Madoran in the Warcraft Pets guild and am slowly leveling her up. I'm more into the fun/quirky side of the game which is why I get distracted easily, I guess. See that giant cliff? I've probably jumped off of it. Why? Because it's there.

If I'm online in the guild, I'm probably going to be on the Vent server. If you don't mind listening to my nonsensical ramblings, come and join me!

Debacle
Pet Score:4114

Post by Debacle » December 24th, 2012, 8:18 am

Once, Long ago, I used to care about people. They meant something to me and their health was paramount. Now I hate you you and you...I died, and now I hate you...I am rotten....Some would even Say Doc Rotten ....except for pets, they so soft (lil Ragnos) cuddly (porcupette) and loving (rabid nut varmint) So, In summary, I am Rotten..Doc Rotten oh sometimes you can sprinkle a bit of the ole ßulldozer on top...So Bull is fine.....if you ever desire to type my name the ß is : hold down alt -keypad 2-Keypad 2 - Keypad 5 - release alt or just say Bull or click on me. Need any help on Breeds of pets and how they preform in combat or have an opinion on such, look me up! I promise to hate you less during our discussions!

PS
I really, really do not hate you, well one of two of you, maybe....just Rotten Doc Rotten

Balut
Top Rater
Pet Score:1303

Post by Balut » December 26th, 2012, 9:08 pm

Hey guys....

I too have lurked around this site for quite some time. I have played World of Warcraft since probably, and dont mark my words...but probably around Sept. of 2004 (beta) and then have played ever since then...what was it November that same year it came out? Anywho... I phreakin love pets, I have all the collectors ed. games...with all the cool pets.... =D

I have played on PvP servers for the most part, going from Horde to Ally...but always going back to Horde. I have been in several guild over the years...but in that Social aspect I have never really been in a guild that I enjoyed myself in...

Maybe like 3 days ago I decided to just xfer my 90 over to the Server, just on the whim that everyone would be cool...I mean literally I just said to myself...everyone will rock and plus they like pets...so how could I go wrong...I know I know...I maybe should have tested it out first...but I had a good feeling...and Man oh man you guys were the nicest people ever!@ I have really enjoyed my few days in the guild...and it really is cool having people getting excited with you on a new catch...or even talking about RL things! =D

IDK anything more to say at this time...see ya in game!

Gypsy
MVP
Pet Score:9253

Post by Gypsy » December 29th, 2012, 10:31 am

Hey, everyone.

Gypsywitch here.... but also I play SweetGypsy (my bank toon), MiniGypsy, and Gypsyshadow. I started playing World of Warcraft 5 to 6 years ago; about the time I got married to my current husband. He convinced me to make a nightelf...I remember how fascinated I was by the /dance emote. Lol, easily entertained; even now starting a toon in the nightelf starting zone with the music that plays there makes me nostalgic. The first guild I was in was run by my husband's ex-wife; this was before we had a falling out with her, but at the time she became a good friend and helped me out considerably. I got so into it that I had a lvl 70; while my husband fell way behind and only had a lvl 40. My first pet, and that started my pet obsession, was a mechanical squirrel; which my step daughter sent me as a gift for joining their guild. After that I had to have them all, which I had to store in my bank, and once a week I'd choose another to carry in my bag for that week, lol; I was soooo happy when they made the pets a spell. Saved so much on bag and bank space!

Anyway, I'm thrilled to be in the guild, and will help anyone whenever I can. Be patient if I don't answer right away in guild chat; I have two toddlers (age 2 and 3 years old -- they are 10 months apart; not sure how that happened, hehe) so I have to go AFK often. But shooting me an email or catch me when I'm talking, and I'll help with whatever I can. I also sometimes lurk on my husband's toon "Okiemoe". I'm trying to level him, so that when his computer is up and going he can see what a fun and awesome guild this is!!

:D
Gypsy

NoxCrucifix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7397
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by NoxCrucifix » December 29th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Hello there. I go by Nox around here but my character in the guild is Mortanegra.

About me...well, I started playing WoW in mid 2005 with a friend in high school. We ended up joining a guild which quickly absorbed its self into another guild, and some time later we, and a group of friends from the guild, splintered off and formed our own. Been there ever since. We did hard-core raiding in Wrath, but stopped in early Cataclysm, and at least for me it's for the best. I'm 23 years old, female, a recent graduate of a university, and currently (woefully) unemployed. I loved raiding, but the time commitment was a bit much when I was a student first and foremost. Nowadays I am far happier being a dungeon explorer, and achievement hunter, and a pet collector than anything else. My main is over on Bloodhoof (US-Alliance) but I have a plethora of alts on various servers in various stages of neglect. I play Alliance mostly and my main will always be a night elf druid, but I have a soft spot for the Horde as well. My very first characters were Horde. I am very altoholic.

I have lurked around the Warcraft Pets site for a long time, but it was only in the last year and a half or so that I got serious about pet collecting. I also collect mounts (151 and counting) and transmog sets. I think, though, next to pet collecting, running dungeons is my next biggest love in the game. I have had to seriously discipline myself to quest on Mortanegra, as running dungeons won't get me either pets or guild reputation!

I'm quiet both in real life and online, but I am really enjoying hanging out in the guild and being around people who are as pet obsessed as I am. I enjoy running around and pet battling ad nauseum, for hours on end, because for some reason it's kind of relaxing to me. I'm going back through my collection now and picking up rares I didn't get on my initial pass. It's kinda fun to do so on a low level character as I level up.

I guess that's about it. I look forward to seeing everyone in-game :)

Waveryn
Pet Score:13627

Post by Waveryn » January 2nd, 2013, 9:47 pm

Hi all, I created a goblin since I don't have one and their pet. Named him LiLwave and joined your guild. Have played wow since right before Wrath came out and always on Shu'halo, was in raiding guilds, but not serious ones and an officer for a long time.
The guilds and people keep leaving so I been hopping guilds the last year or so, and most are so dead, barley anyone in chat to talk to. I love pets/mounts/achievements and enjoy dungeons and raids even old content if it is with friends and having fun, not crazy about the que with random people, yea one can suck and get gear but that is no fun. Maybe if I like it here I can transfer some of my more played toons to this server. Shu'halo is getting full now when I log in sometimes since they advertised it for new players :cry:
Wave

Pandorra
Pet Score:3199
BattleTag®:Lillydawn#1511
Realm:Perenolde-us

Post by Pandorra » January 3rd, 2013, 11:46 am

Hello fellow guild mates! You know me in guild as Warashihime or Mokkona.

I have been playing WoW since, um, two weeks after release, so November '04? Really? Gosh I'm getting old. >.>

Before WoW I spent a lot of time playing Diablo2, which is where I started following WoW, waiting for it to come out, lol.

I love the pets, I regret having to delete a LOT of pets because I needed bank space back in the day,
when I was a hardcore raider. I was one who farmed up mats to supply my guild for raids, so eventually that took precedence over my love for pets. I still haven't managed to get all those whelplings back, but I'm working on it, lol.

I'm up to 453 unique pets, not too shabby.

I've begun playing a lot more on Madoran, I love the people there so much. I had taken a looooooong break from WoW when my old guild fell apart in Lich king, and pre-BC I was in a very tight knit guild, and it completely broke my heart when the drama started and everyone went separate ways. I never turned my account off, but I would go months without logging in. But, thanks to this guild I can't wait to get home from work and login!

<3
~Pandorra

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » January 20th, 2013, 12:08 am

Hi all,

Myself (Shadwin) and my wife (Bellabin, Tebella on this site), joined today with newbie goblins (I deleted mine for a panda before I bought the mounts or pet!). I've been playing since... 1.7 or so. I started on kael thas many years ago and then about 4 years ago transferred over to moon guard with some friends. My original toon is still my main. No matter how bad hunters are, I just can't seem to put him away.

My wife and I usually play together. We have an almost 2 year old that doesn't let us have much time to do that, so our participation will be a bit uneven. Sometimes we will be on for a week, then miss a week. The little energizer bunny doesn't inform us of his schedule.

That said, we don't do dungeons much anymore or raids for that matter. With such little time, we've decided to make our current venture to be pets.

I asked her to join with me to give us a little change of scenery. Shes a mage and I'm a priest. We were greater very warmly by the guild, so that's a good start!

Needless to say, we are happy to be on board!

Tribble
Pet Score:2748

Post by Tribble » January 24th, 2013, 11:17 am

Hi everyone,

My new character on the guild is Pandalaimon (I know, a little lame but I love the books and besides, the reference to a critter that is 'part' of us seemed appropriate to this guild lol). She is a hunter because I love collecting the rare hunter pets too. And mounts.

Anyhow, I am a Wrath baby so haven't been around nearly as long as most of you. I got into the game because my teenagers were playing it and it looked fun so now I have several 90's or nearly 90's on Drak'Thul, Windrunner and Korialstraz and a bunch of lower level alts. Mostly Alliance *ducks*. I am perhaps a wee bit older than some - ok, most - of you at 50 yrs old :shock: Don't worry though, I am not some grumpy old fart :lol:

I am loving this guild. Everyone seems friendly and it's fun to have a common interest and a busy guild with conversations going on. My main guild is basically dead which is very sad since we were all pretty close :( I'm also having a really good time leveling a hordie through some of the content that has been revamped since I leveled my last one, and some zones that I didn't catch on the first time through since I only have one top level Horde character.

Ok, I'll shut up now, hope to see you all in the game!

Ginwen
Top Rater
Pet Score:2745

Post by Ginwen » January 25th, 2013, 3:29 am

Pikit. I made a panda monk because I haven't really played one -you can only play so many hunters, I think I have at least 4 or 5 at least. My main character Kelane is a hunter (big surprise) on Silver Hand (this is actually the first time I've really played a character after they got to max level, so I have a whole bunch of 85s, and even more 60s and 70s from the days when those were the max levels. I was kind of a pet addict even before they added pet battles and sharing across characters, but adding that made me a bit nuts. It seems really friendly so far, and great that so much of the chat is about pets (me being addicted and all). Thanks for having me.

Miandora
Top Rater
Pet Score:2160
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Miandora » January 30th, 2013, 9:50 pm

I play my 90 Warrior named Miandora in the guild. I've been playing since early 2005 back on Gorefiend with my husband and brother. I started WoW on a laptop that was so bad graphically that it took me forever to realize the game even has roads or that there was a minimap inside of places. My first character was my warrior and she's still my main now. I just transfer her wherever I want to go. In fact, I've never had another character above 30. I have a low level bank character but that's it. No alts for me. Playing another character makes me feel like I'm cheating on my warrior.

As for myself, I'm happily married with a coonlab named Hoover and a cat named Essence. Oh and a newt named Monty. I have a BS in Psychology and Criminal Justice and a MS in College Student Personnel. I work as a Training Coordinator, and I also have my own jewelry business on the side. I live in the middle of NC, but have plans to move back to the beach in a few years once we get a family oyster business going.

I've been a pet collector for years...you know, back before it was the cool thing to do, so I'm happy to have a guild of like minded players.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625

Post by Doobjanka » February 5th, 2013, 12:05 pm

Not sure why it took me this long to post here, but here goes:

I'm Doobjanka, more formally known as Doob and IRL I go by Curtis. I don't think I'd respond to Doob when not in vent.

I've been pet collecting since Vanilla. I raided with the same people from Vanilla until Cataclysm, but most of them quit and I got an overnight job so I could no longer raid. It felt like the perfect time to start up the WarcraftPets guild, so I bought a 25 guild from my old server and transferred it to Madoran right before MoP and here we are now.

I love the casualness of MoP. I don't feel obligated to do anything, even dailies. I would consider myself a hardcore casual player thanks to the insane grinds I've undertaken over the years, but I was never a hardcore PvPer or raider. Once LFR came out I was happy to just see the raid done and move on to the next tier.

My favorite Warlock tier set will always be Tier 6, which is what you'll always see me wearing.

Thank you for taking this ride with me. I'm loving the guild and all the new people I've had a chance to meet so far!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Jiigigaw
MVP
Pet Score:3337

Post by Jiigigaw » February 6th, 2013, 8:46 am

Hello all,

Just wanted to get my introduction in here. I'm Jerry, Jiigigaw in game, a WoW player since 2004. I've had my ups and downs with the game, but have stuck with it through these years. I bought my first Vanity pet from a neutral AH many years ago. My Tauren Warrior Tank was strolling through Tanaris, waiting for people to gather, when I spotted a white kitten. I dropped a huge chunk of my epic mount money on it, and then became the guild joke. I was the only one without epic riding, and with an epic kitten. My collection quickly built to a point where I was PRAYING for some sort of way to store pets during BC. Yay wrath! Am I right?

I missed the Pokemon craze, but have always LOVED turn based team games since i first play Final Fantasy on my NES so many moons ago. I jumped on Pet battles as soon as I could. I love it. In fact, I enjoy the whole pet battle mini game more than all the previous content in the game. Hunting the pet, building teams, leveling... I'm entranced by it!

So I say thank you to all those involved with the website and the guild. I really appreciate the community you have constructed, and all the effort this volunteer force has put into it.

Cheers!