Carry Pet Experience Reference

Guides and information to collecting specific pets.
Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us
Re: Carry Pet Experience Reference

Post by Jerebear » February 9th, 2018, 10:24 pm

Paladance wrote:Yes Crysa and Bert are the same.

This excerpt from Squirt + safari hat; I don't think we have many opportunities to do that. What perhaps means there is no purpose to contain it, but maybe it tells a bit more about the mechanic itself?

Sorry for no initial data. They had above 20% into these levels afterwards. I think they had been 1 earlier each of them counting by full numbers; more like 1.25 of actual values.

Also, you should remove or modify this quote:
Currently only Squirt gives decent experience. She provides experience as if she were a Cataclysm or Wrath tamer (T = 3.0).
As we know now that she was buffed, and the new value is contained in another section. :)
Thanks for that! I actually did have squirt in the 5.0 section below, I just missed that sentence (and a similar one above it). They should be fixed. Thanks! I will say the multiple different levels split exp has eluded me. I should probably put more time into it. It's been harder to find WoW time in these recent years with my son no longer being a toddler. I spend a lot more time with him and less with WoW.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 10th, 2018, 1:10 am

Something I just caught onto with this being Darkmoon Faire week, the 10% buff you get from Carousel is applied to the base XP you'd get from encounters. If you have heirlooms like so many of us do don't get another 10% from those.

Hypothetical case, something gonna give you 2,000 XP. With all 5 XP buff heirlooms adds another 45% so 2,900. Now, oh wow, I have the Faire 10% buff so another 290 and now get 3190. Wrong. You now get 3100 with the 10% of your base XP. So Faire buff really only giving you an extra 7%.

But hey, every little bit helps.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 10th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Ranok wrote:Something I just caught onto with this being Darkmoon Faire week, the 10% buff you get from Carousel is applied to the base XP you'd get from encounters. If you have heirlooms like so many of us do don't get another 10% from those.

Hypothetical case, something gonna give you 2,000 XP. With all 5 XP buff heirlooms adds another 45% so 2,900. Now, oh wow, I have the Faire 10% buff so another 290 and now get 3190. Wrong. You now get 3100 with the 10% of your base XP. So Faire buff really only giving you an extra 7%.

But hey, every little bit helps.
The reason for that math mismatch is because you are mixing additive percentage math and multiplicative percentage math. I'm am pretty sure it is all additive percentage math:

45% + 10% = 55%
1.55*2000 = 3100

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » June 20th, 2018, 4:32 pm

I reuploaded all the images. My "never removes hosted files" hosting service removed all my hosted files. Hopefully this fixes it for everyone. Let me know if yall catch something I missed or I made a mistake.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » September 9th, 2018, 1:55 pm

Did some early testing. I tested agaist kusa and fizzie and both gave disappointing results. they are giving 3x tamer bonus experience, which is Wrath/Cata tamer level experience for pets.

data so far:
name - level - exp - buffs => bonus multiplier
-----------------------------------------------------------
bristlespine 16 350 no hat => 1x
kusa - 19 2541 hat => 3x
bloodtusk 21 297 hat => 1x
fizzie 21 2228 hat => 3x
keeyo 1 6525 no hat, bpweek => 3x
korval 1 2175 no hat => 3x
Michael Skarn 22 1860 nohat => 3x
Lozu 23 1680 no hat => 3x
Dilbert McClint 16 2625 no hat => 3x
karaga 18 2430 no hat => 3x

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » December 10th, 2018, 10:45 am

Updated guide to include legion WQ. TLDR: Tamers give 3x tamer bonus (lower than MoP/WoD/Legion tamers) and single boss pets give wild pet experience. Still need to work on scaled battle experience

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » December 16th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Well, gotta change the list to reflect the BFA tamer experience nerf. Here are all the pre 8.1 values. saving the links here incase they revert:

Captain Hermes
Eddie Fixit
Fizzie Sparkwhistle
Ellie Vern
Kwint
Delia Hanako
Lozu
Grady Prett
Keeyo
Karaga
Dilbert McClint
Michael Skarn
Leana Darkwind
Burly
Korval Darkbeard
Sizzik
Kusa
Talia Sparkbrow
Zujai

Dngnb8
Pet Score:7304
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Dngnb8 » March 16th, 2019, 2:02 pm

I was wondering about doing a leveling thread. Instead of starting a new one, I thought this might be a nice add on to this thread. Hopefully it is helpful and not redundant

IMHO, best leveling for pets is what I call the 2 pet explode strat.

Requirements
Draenor Garrison with level 3 Menagrie**
Clockwork Gnome H 1546 P 257 S 289 - 1, 2, 1
Darkmoon Zepplin H 1546 P 273 S 273 - 1, 2, 2
Restless Shadeling H 1627 P 260 S 273 - 1, 1, 2
Chrominius H 1644 P 276 S 260 - 2, 2, 2

All pets are rare

The 2 pet explode strat is where Pets 1 and 2 carry the fight, and then the second pet uses the Explode to do 612 damage killing off the 3rd pet of the opponent. Since only your leveling pets survives, it gets all experience. I prefer the Darkmoon Zeppelin because it has Decoy as well which is a nice ability when RNG doesnt go your way.

Warlords
Ashleii - Clockwork Gnome, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Level 1
Gargra - Clockwork Gnome, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Level 1
Tarr the Terrible - Restless Shadeling, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Level 1
Taralune - Chrominius, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Level 1
Vesharr - Chrominius, Darkmoon Zeppelin, Level 1

Ashlei
Clockwork Gnome, Darkmoon Zepplin, Leveling pet
Clockwork Gnomes Metal Fist until the second pet gets to 500 health then pass until CG is dead. In come the Led Zeppelin. Missile until dead. Elephant comes in, missile until 600 health then explode. RNG NOTE: If you kill the second pet with your gnome, start over. Crits Happen

Garga
Clockwork Gnome, Darkmoon Zepplin, Leveling pet
Clockwork Gnomes 3 Turret ,2 heal, 3 Turret, then metal fist until Turret is off cooldown. Zeppelin 1 Rocket until second pet is dead. Decoy first turn on 3rd pet, then rocket until last wolf is at 600 or less then explode.

Vesharr
Chromious, Darkmoon Zepplen Leveling pet
Chromoius 1 Arcane Blast, 2 Heal, then arcane blast until heal renews until dead. 2nd pet, if times well, your heal is up, use it. After the bot gets his wings, use power surge. Should kill it. It rezzs, then kills chromedome. Sometimes RNG doesnt work, then in comes the zeppelin and you can use decoy to avoid its big hit and use missile to kill it, then explode on the last pet. It should be at 200 health.

Taralune
Chromious, Darkmoon Zepplenm Leveling pet
1 Arcane blast, 1, heal, 1, 1, pass, heal, 3. 2nd pet comes in and kills chromy. Zeppelin. Decoy, rocket rocket. Last pet comes in, rocket until at 600 health. Explode. RNG Note: When the Zeppelin comes in on the 2nd opponent, the opponent will Moth Dust. If it stuns, start over.

Tarr
Restless Shadeling Zeppelin, leveling pet
1 phase shift, 2 Plagued Blood, shadow shock. 1 opponent is dead when Phase is ready again. Repeat. Restless should die when 3 comes in and is at about 800 health. Decoy, rocket until 600 health. explode. RNG Note: If the phase shift is not off cooldown, no biggie, just Plague and shock, use on the 1st attack of the 3rd pet.

** - The Menagerie gives a weekly quest Battle Pet Tamers: Warlords - This quest is given as a weekly, but to each toon that has a menagerie. If you have 7 toons with the Menagerie, you can do this every day. Using the 2 pet explode strat, that is leveling a pet from level 1 to level 24 a day. The quest rewards 10 leveling stones. Use 1 stone for to boost to level 25, and you have 9 left over.

During the Pet XP bonus, I can level about 35 pets in a week from level 1 to 25. People have paid me gold to level their pets during this time.

I hope this information is useful for those who are starting out. Flame away.

Samulcase
Pet Score:1520
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Samulcase » July 6th, 2019, 5:59 am

If you're still here, do you know exactly how much character experience you get from battles, and what that's affected by?

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » July 20th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Samulcase wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 5:59 am
If you're still here, do you know exactly how much character experience you get from battles, and what that's affected by?
I'm not as up to date on player exp. Off the top of my head, I think it scales with your level and it is affected by your pet's level vs the enemy pet's level as well. I don't recall if the absolute level matters, but it should be easy to check. If you do level 15 pets vs level 16 wild pets, you can see if the exp is similar to if you did level 24 pets vs level 25 BFA wild pets.
Last edited by Jerebear on July 20th, 2019, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » July 20th, 2019, 8:15 pm

Dngnb8 wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 2:02 pm
I was wondering about doing a leveling thread. Instead of starting a new one, I thought this might be a nice add on to this thread. Hopefully it is helpful and not redundant

<snipped>
I hope this information is useful for those who are starting out. Flame away.
I think this information is great. I really do think you should consider making a separate guide though. This one is more about specific mathematics and mechanics. I think a good guide like you are thinking of might be better separate so that discussion isn't diluted by mixing topics. You don't want people asking about math stuff in the middle of a discusion about what pet might be a better closer for team X. Plus I am not as active, so I don't think I could keep up with both. I'm not so great at keeping up with the one as you can see!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 3rd, 2021, 12:56 pm

Updates for 9.1.5

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... G_3202.png

While the wild pets are mentioned, any T=1 battle now has three times the experience it used to have, stacking with the bonuses.
(Example: level 23 gets 1836 up from 616, while under Safari Hat)
So these ones have also been changed:
  • All of Abhorrent Adversaries, Scorch, Jawbone, Gorgemouth, Nightfang, Rascal
  • All of Mechagon
  • All of Nazjatar
  • 3 of Menagerie pets (The Beakinator, Eleanor, Stitches Jr.)
  • Dalaran single target pets (Splint Jr., Stitches Jr. Jr., Heliosus)
  • I think a few of the other Legion stuff too but not all can be checked right now and we're a bit messy atm ^^
How to use stones
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 16th, 2021, 8:02 pm

Paladance wrote:
November 3rd, 2021, 12:56 pm
Updates for 9.1.5

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... G_3202.png

While the wild pets are mentioned, any T=1 battle now has three times the experience it used to have, stacking with the bonuses.
(Example: level 23 gets 1836 up from 616, while under Safari Hat)
So these ones have also been changed:
  • All of Abhorrent Adversaries, Scorch, Jawbone, Gorgemouth, Nightfang, Rascal
  • All of Mechagon
  • All of Nazjatar
  • 3 of Menagerie pets (The Beakinator, Eleanor, Stitches Jr.)
  • Dalaran single target pets (Splint Jr., Stitches Jr. Jr., Heliosus)
  • I think a few of the other Legion stuff too but not all can be checked right now and we're a bit messy atm ^^
How to use stones
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Thanks! I'm super busy with other life stuff, so it may take me a while to update. I noted in the OP that it is currently out of date. Side note, at least some of the tamers give 50% more pet EXP. Bodhi in Dalaran was giving me 50% more tonight and it isn't SotC week.