Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3) - For veterans

Guides and information to collecting specific pets.
Shinsui
Pet Score:12453
Realm:Nathrezim-us
Re: Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3) - For veterans

Post by Shinsui » June 13th, 2013, 9:48 am

Nytemarerulez wrote:
1. Corefire Imp (1,1,2)
2. Cogblade Raptor [5] (2,1,1)
3. carry pet

vs Grizzle
-cast immolation, then Wild Magic. Switch to Cogblade Raptor
-cast Exposed Wounds, then Batter until Grizzle dies

vs. Beakmaster
-cast Exposed Wounds, then Batter until it dies

vs. Flore
-cast Exposed Wounds, then Batter until Cogblade dies.
-switch to carry pet, then switch to Corefire Imp.
-cast immolation, Wild Magic. Burn until it dies.
So far each time I used this team I had to finish with my carry pet - so this seem like team to have when your carry pet is 20+, but it only takes 18 at most I seen, 4 rounds faster, and that when he stun me with Grizzle
So I've done a little more testing with this to try to not rely on the carry pet to finish off flora and made 2 changes that I'm testing. First is I drop wild magic for cauterize so the imp can heal and I gave cogblade screech instead of overtune for the speed debuff. Same basic strategy though. Start with imp with immolation. Then cast cauterize once and switch to cogblade. Grizzle still dies in the same amount of time without wild magic. Kill beak like normal, then on flora, start with exposed wound and screech until dead. Quick swap the carry pet and finish off with the imp's immolation and fireball or rush ability, healing as necessary.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » June 14th, 2013, 6:02 am

Think I've found a speed improvement;

Burning Pandaren Spirit
14 rounds (improves on 17)
1: Spawn of Onyxia[4] (2,1,2)
2: Jade Oozeling [4] (2,1,2)
3: Carry pet (will take quite a bit of damage from Crimson’s Cyclone. Should have 500 HP +)

vs Crimson
- Tail Sweep > Deep Breath > (Healing Flame unless Crimson missed an attack) > Tail Sweep until Crimson dies
vs Pandaren Fire Spirit
- Deep Breath > Deep Breath
vs Glowy
- Tail Sweep until Spawn of Onyxia dies
- Switch to Carry pet > switch to Jade Oozeling
- Acidic Good > Corrosion > Absorb until Glowy dies

This relies on Spawn of Onyxia having enough health to survive the first Conflagrate then the Immolate from the Fire Spirit, hence the use of Healing Flame during the Crimson fight.

There may be an even faster way using Chrominius on Glowy - Howl - Surge of Power to finish, I'll try that tonight.

Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Skyquake » June 15th, 2013, 3:09 pm

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already. My Scourged Whelpling is the right breed thankfully , but my Emerald Proto-Whelp and Flayer Youngling are second-best. I've already leveled them to 25 and stoned them. Will they do? I hope so- I can't wait to try these out!

Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Skyquake » June 16th, 2013, 5:09 am

Nytemarerulez wrote:
Skyquake wrote:I apologize if this has been asked and answered already. My Scourged Whelpling is the right breed thankfully , but my Emerald Proto-Whelp and Flayer Youngling are second-best. I've already leveled them to 25 and stoned them. Will they do? I hope so- I can't wait to try these out!
Proto being the 4 breed means it will kill the enemy is right amount of turns - so if yours is not as strong, just mean it will take you few extra turns. Fir the flayer S/S breed is needed to be faster then his pets, and the Neterbite so you can hit Kick and get 2-3 blitz off
Thanks. I'll replace the Flayer, then. Cheers!

(edit) "A rare! (checks breed) Drat the luck. I'll leave it be- I know I couldn't find one for love nor money. Someone will be by to collect it any minute, I have no doubt. Back to the grind." (one hour later, gapes at the
same four rares still wandering around down there)
Last edited by Skyquake on June 16th, 2013, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stencil
Pet Score:3290
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Stencil » June 16th, 2013, 9:14 am

I've finally created a Major Payne team, and strategy, that I'm happy with: Grasslands Cottontail (S/S) and Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot (S/S). It can be used with a level 1 carry pet or sped up by a few rounds if the carry pet can take one Rampage hit from Grizzle. The strategy is reliably getting me to Bloom in 13-17 rounds and with my fast rabbit still at full health. I've been forfeiting at that point so that I could run multiple trials; over time we'll develop a good average value for how long it then takes to kill Bloom and I'll edit this post.

The basic plan is to use the rabbit to negate the opening Rampage damage, swap in the Rocket Bot during Hibernate to set up Minefield and Sticky Grenade, and then to Batter down Grizzle and Beakmaster. There are different choices for the opening sequence (all start with Dodge) depending on Grizzles opening move and whether the carry pet can take a hit.

Major Payne
~22 rounds?
1: Grasslands Cottontail (S,S) (2,2,1) (Flurry, Dodge, Burrow)
2: Carry pet
3: Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot (S,S) (2,2,1) (Batter, Minefield, Sticky Grenade)

vs Grizzle - dirty swap, carry pet will take one hit from Rampage
- Dodge > Flurry > swap to Carry pet > swap to Rocket Bot
- (Grizzle opened with Rampage) Sticky Grenade > Minefield > Batter until Grizzle dies
- (Grizzle opened with Bash) Minefield > Sticky Grenade > Batter until Grizzle dies
vs Grizzle - hard swap, carry pet takes no damage
- Dodge
- if Grizzle did not open with Rampage, then Forfeit and start again
- Flurry > Burrow > swap to Carry Pet > swap Rocket Bot
- Sticky Grenade > Minefield > Batter until Grizzle dies
vs Beakmaster
- Sticky Grenade > Batter until Rocket Bot dies
- select Grasslands Cottontail
- Dodge (only very rarely will this not turn out to be the best move)
- Flurry until Beakmaster dies
vs Bloom
- use Burrow or Dodge whenever Entangling Roots has been cast on you
- Flurry Bloom to death

Additional info and geekery:
For a low level carry pet one can also use a death swap strategy, though I think the hard swap works better for reasons I'll get into. The main difference between openers/situations/swap methods is the number of Rampages the Rocket Bot will be exposed to. Grizzle will always be killed by the damage from one Sticky Grenade and 6 'ticks' from Batter. Two triple hits from Batter, called a 2x3, should happen around 25% of the time and would save one round of time. A 2x3 can also, in some situations, cause the Rocket Bot to take one less Rampage hit. When Grizzle opens with Rampage, he usually, but not always, casts Bash before Hibernate. Note this means that when Hibernate ends he has to Rampage because Bash is still on cooldown.

# of rampage hits
dirty swap, Rampage > - always 2, Bash details don't matter
dirty swap, Bash > Rampage > Hibernate > Bash - 2 if 2x3, otherwise 3
dirty swap, Bash > Rampage > Hibernate > Rampage - always 3
hard swap - always 3
death swap - Rampage > Bash > - 2
death swap - Rampage > Hibernate > Bash > Rampage - 2 if 2x3, otherwise 3
death swap - Rampage > Hibernate > Rampage - 3

It may look like using death swap would be better than hard swap since you would often take one less rampage, but this is not the case. After death swapping in your carry pet, swapping to your rabbit could result in it eating a Wind-up or Shock and Awe. I did ten trials each of dirty swap (rampage), dirty swap (bash), hard swap and death swap; the only time the rabbit took any damage was in death swap trials.

Dirkie
Pet Score:5479
BattleTag®:dirk#1435
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Dirkie » June 17th, 2013, 8:06 am

For the BOF I have been using the Pandaren Water Spirit and the Worg Pup. I have used this a couple times against all BOF and it has worked consistently. Could use other pets instead of Worg Pup but this is my pet of choice so I like to include it when I can! I don't bother trying to level another pet with BOF, I want to just get them done and move on. This group makes it painless.

Pandaren Water SPirit
1 - Geyser
2 - Whirlpool
3 - switch to Worg Pup
4 - Howl
5 - Leap (should let you go first next round if needed)
6 - Bite (if required)

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Nivrax » June 20th, 2013, 3:09 am

Wastewalker Shu team is way, way too RNG for me. Sandstorm = -10% accuracy. Even if single attack miss, you instantly loose. For BoF, +1 to just using Valk OR Water Spirit and Chrom, with p/p Yellow Moth as backup. The only pet that can survive 'smaller' bomb is Ti'un (lead with Moth, restart if Dust opener misses), No-no (Moth can sometimes solo him) and Dos-Ryga if you're VERY unlucky (had him at 1hp once, but Moth will finish it even if it heals).

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 20th, 2013, 3:39 am

Stencil wrote:Major Payne
~22 rounds?

- (Grizzle opened with Rampage) Sticky Grenade > Minefield > Batter until Grizzle dies
- (Grizzle opened with Bash) Minefield > Sticky Grenade > Batter until Grizzle dies
- Dodge
vs Beakmaster
vs Bloom
- Flurry Bloom to death
This is more then awesome. It's a piece of art.

Worked perfectly for me the last 3 days. Twice with pets that can take a hit and once with the level 6 stinker without taking a hit.

Kring

Post by Kring » June 20th, 2013, 3:45 am

Nivrax wrote:Wastewalker Shu team is way, way too RNG for me.
The [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4314&p=33899#p33899]Red Cricket strat[/url] works 100%.

Stencil
Pet Score:3290
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Stencil » June 20th, 2013, 5:57 am

Kring wrote:
Nivrax wrote:Wastewalker Shu team is way, way too RNG for me.
The [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4314&p=33899#p33899]Red Cricket strat[/url] works 100%.
Speaking of the Red Cricket, I just made an improvement to that strat by replacing the Darkmoon Tonk with Tranquil Mechanical Yeti. The combination of Call Lightning > Ion Cannon is perfect for this fight.

Getting rid of Sandstorm removes both the damage reduction and, most importantly, the chance for Ion Cannon to miss. Call Lightning itself also does great damage and gives a 25% buff to Ion Cannon.

My first kill using this strat was 20 rounds. I had no crits, Skitter missed once (because of sandstorm), and I was not stunned by either Rupture. So, we'll probably see kills between 19-21 rounds. Call Lightning hit for 573 and Ion Cannon for 1328. Call Lightning might be able to miss, because of Sandstorm, but my assumption in that case is that the weather would still change.

As for the 100%, heh, I have, very rarely, wiped with the Cricket. One time I crit and killed Crusher on the turn he put up the second Whirlpool which changed the timing such that it went off on the same round as Rupture instead of Sandstorm. That Rupture stunned me (but of course) and so there was no Cocoon Strike to counter the Whirlpool and the combination of the three big hits dropped me. That's a pretty rare set of events though :)

EDIT - Second kill had no misses and no stuns and was 19 rounds. Call Lightning did less damage (300 something) so its possible on the first kill it had crit and I just missed the fact. Still only needed the Call Lightning and Ion Cannon to 2 shot Mutilator.
Last edited by Stencil on June 21st, 2013, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » June 21st, 2013, 9:52 am

Stencil wrote:Major Payne
~22 rounds?

- Dodge
vs Beakmaster
vs Bloom
- Flurry Bloom to death
this is perfect! i most certainely will keep this strategy for a while i think. it definetely does improve my lava hatchling strat which i've been using up to now because i didn't have the nerve to deal with the RNG of other teams.

on a side note, there are faster ways to antari Blessed Medallion of Karabor and obalis Baradin's Wardens Tabard, the tabard takes you right in front of the portal to the capital.

by the way, there are lots of mentions of the cottontail rabbit (S/S). does it have to be a cottontail, or can it be any S/S rabbit/hare/cottontail? last i checked, all stats are exactly the same.
Last edited by Ril on June 21st, 2013, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kring

Post by Kring » June 21st, 2013, 9:56 am

Ril wrote:by the way, there are lots of mentions of the cottontail rabbit (S/S). does it have to be a cottontail, or can it be any S/S rabbit/hare/cottontail? last i checked, all stats are exactly the same.
All rabbits are the same but the cottontail which trades speed for power.