Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II

Guides and information to collecting specific pets.
Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Re: Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II

Post by Yalina » May 23rd, 2013, 9:15 am

Ran Tempest Keep last night with two friends (they were there for the Tier 5 transmog). Kael was obnoxious. (I know he doesn't drop a pet, but if you've killed everyone else, might as well take him out for the chance at the mount.) He mind controlled all three of us three straight times, resetting the fight. Supposedly he doesn't do the MC if you're by yourself, but if you bring friends, watch out for it. Finally downed him when one friend swapped in their raiding main instead and simply pushed him out of the phase with the MC while the other two of us hid behind pillars. No pets from anyone, naturally, but we did get one of the right Tier 5 chest tokens.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » May 23rd, 2013, 10:15 am

I have been soloing Keal weekly on my mage for months now. He is easy to do but due to the RP it takes like 7 mins. As far as all the other bosses in TK my under 500 iLvl mage was easily able to solo everything ( I did kill Kael first and used the staff for Void Reavers silence). And I even got the whole room full of mobs when I pulled Solarian.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » May 23rd, 2013, 12:19 pm

Chrth wrote: EDIT: I've updated the op with the info that the Opera Event isn't region-specific and can be run on multiple alts.
must be really unlucky
6 alt and all same event

and not a single drop yet

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » May 25th, 2013, 6:05 am

I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere but probably not what some people want to know, but

I got several of the kara pets (running it 14 times will do that). They didn't have the same breed. Not sure what breeds, as breeds don't concern me but I know it matters to some.

For example

Health/Power/Speed

Netherspace Abyssal
165/11/10 x2
152/12/11
152/13/10

Menagerie Custodian
161/12/10
161/10/11 x2

Lil Bad Wolf
152/12/11 x2

They were the only ones I got duplicates of. I recall reading that they made other dropped pets all one breed but can't remember from where, so they may do likewise with these.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » May 26th, 2013, 3:39 am

I'm happy to report I've finally managed to down the mighty boss that is the chess event. Rooks are indeed super important, making sure the queen is (safely) engaged and not sitting on her butt, and that's a win. Seven attempts later, still no pet from Malchezaar, but at least the chess monster doesn't scare me any more.
Vashj on the other hand is just too much, maybe if those tainted elem spawned faster, but I need a buddy to down her.
Solarian and all the boucing around is just hysterical to solo.

Shmoooey
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:Shmooey#1554
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Shmoooey » May 28th, 2013, 3:43 pm

Solarian is even more fun to solo with your kids watching and yelling "wheeeeeee" every time you get bounced into the air.

Riixie
Pet Score:2839
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Riixie » May 28th, 2013, 11:31 pm

Keep in mind Nightbane is the actual "final" boss of kara. This is important for raid lock outs.

I didn't want to do chess 5 times (ran the raids with 5 toons)... So I did chess with my husband's toon, so his toon also retained the locked out. The he hearthed and I solo'd Prince. The plan was then to have him invite each of my alts so they could bi-pass Chess. (but the pet dropped on the first go thru so I need not do chess ever again hehehe) This will not work so well if you have downed Nightbane. (I would specifically do up to chess on all 5 toons then stop)

Grifter
Pet Score:2869
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Grifter » May 29th, 2013, 7:49 am

Oh man, the damn Vasij encounter gets on my nerv. It would be no problem to beat it, if the friggin tainted elemtels could be looted all the time, but no, 3 of 4 bug out on me and tada, here we start again. Damn it, Blizzard should at least be able to make an encounter from two addons ago bugfree. :evil: :| :roll:

Chrth
Pet Score:5078
BattleTag®:Chrth#1939
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chrth » May 29th, 2013, 7:57 am

Grifter wrote:Oh man, the damn Vasij encounter gets on my nerv. It would be no problem to beat it, if the friggin tainted elemtels could be looted all the time, but no, 3 of 4 bug out on me and tada, here we start again. Damn it, Blizzard should at least be able to make an encounter from two addons ago bugfree. :evil: :| :roll:
You wouldn't happen to be a hunter with Blink Strikes selected as a talent, would you?
Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Chess Event Strategy/Discussion:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4168

Celestya22
Top Rater
Pet Score:3256
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Celestya22 » May 29th, 2013, 9:30 am

Grifter wrote:Oh man, the damn Vasij encounter gets on my nerv. It would be no problem to beat it, if the friggin tainted elemtels could be looted all the time, but no, 3 of 4 bug out on me and tada, here we start again. Damn it, Blizzard should at least be able to make an encounter from two addons ago bugfree. :evil: :| :roll:

Agreed - You did notice the tainted cores are unique correct? I'd forgotten that my first attempt. You have to use each core as you get it, or subsequent elementals won't drop their item.

Adely
Pet Score:4378
BattleTag®:Adely#1848
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Adely » May 29th, 2013, 9:38 am

I usually play melee classes and the most I've had trouble with is Vashj. It really helps to have some kind of movement speed increase to get to the tainted elementals before they despawn. My kill order is Tainted (cores) -> Striders (they fear) -> Naga (they slow) -> Other. If she gets to 99 stacks cause I couldn't get the cores, she hits pretty hard, killed my rogue :lol:

The thing which worked for me on Kael was to kill the first 2 advisors on the other side of the room and then the second two near Kael. This gives me time to kill the Engineer before the others reach me after they rez again. My kill order is Engg (random 4 sec stun for 1 minute) -> Sanguinar (fear) -> Thaladred (knockback and stacking physical DoT) -> Capernican (10 sec conflag disorient, knockback, slow). I tried killing Capernican first but I found she only casts the disorient and knockback if I get close to her otherwise she just chain casts fireball, makes the fight much easier if I just ignore her and take the fireball. Also, if you have any pets out at all, Kael WILL mind control you and reset the fight.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater

Post by Dragonwizard » May 29th, 2013, 10:19 am

I noticed that it bugs out on you if you tried to loot a core with one already in your bags. I tested this out 6 times and every time I tried to loot a core with one in my bags it became unlootable even after you use the one that you had. It's annoying as it stays sparkley even though you can't loot it anymore. But that is the only time I was able to force/have the bug to happen to me.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » May 29th, 2013, 1:23 pm

Vasij was the only one I had real problems with. Chess in Kara can be random but I got through it on two characters with no major problems. For Vasij I'd recommend downloading the DBM for it. The "normal" DBM doesn't contain stuff for old raids anymore but there is a version that has all the original and BC raids which should help with Vasij. I just installed it but haven't actually tried the fight again.

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » May 30th, 2013, 5:15 am

The only 2 people are struggling with are the Chess Event and Vasij.

Chess is still a lot of RNG. I solo'd Kara at 85 for Violet Eye rep and did it then and it's easier now. Move the pawn in front of the king, move the pawn in front of the queen. I then just let the RNG gods sort me out whilst jumping on a healer and healing the king/whatever is taking the most damage. When he cheats move the king/queen out the fire. I found this more successful than jumping into DPS.

Vasij is pretty easy too. If you have a pet then make sure they are on passive as I've had elementals with no loot if I didn't get the tag. When one spawns find and kill it asap, they move about if you take too long. Once you have the core go and use it and wait 50 secs for the next one. Striders are annoying, kill them fast. The Naga are not so bad but still kill them fastish. Once all 5 cores are in she will be massive (due to the fact you can't possibly stop the elementals) and do some hefty damage. If you have a pet take it off passive, especially if you are a warlock as she hurts (thank God for bubbles), pop all CD's and kill her.

This lot are far easier than the previous tiers.

Chrth

Post by Chrth » May 30th, 2013, 11:20 am

Pro Tips for Vash'j as a Hunter:

1) Don't choose Blink Strikes, or if you do, put pet on passive. If the pet kills the tainted elemental before you can you will not be able to loot it.
2) Choose Spirit Bond. FOR THE LOVE OF KHAZ CHOOSE SPIRIT BOND. That 2% regen outpaces the damage you're taking by a fair amount. Makes the solo so much easier.
3) Targeting macro:

/tar [target=nodead] taint

(I haven't actually tested the [target=nodead] part but based on prior macro experience it should work - I'll update appropriately)

I'm going to try Vash'j on my Ele Shammy later, see if I can find similar tips.

EDIT:
Notes from my failed Ele Shammy attempt:
-add a targeting macro for coilfang strider (/tar [target=nodead] coilfang). Oy, Vash'j gets big and in the way! Also, keybind Frost Shock (heck, macro them together) to assist against it, altho I'm not sure it can be slowed.
-turn off lightning shield for 2nd phase; as far as I can tell I killed a few Tainted Elementals with it and wasn't able to loot them as a result (didn't realize this was the behavior, and if not, I need to figure out something else because that's what appeared to be happening)
-you're an alchemist wielding a stone, take a potion before the 3rd phase, moron!
-perhaps Rockbiter weapon instead of Flametongue? The adds die pretty quickly (when you can target them), maybe survivability is more important here.

On the plus side, she was able to solo the other two bosses pretty readily. I may wait until next week to try again tho.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » June 1st, 2013, 6:46 pm

i killed vashj as a hunter while completely ignoring the normal eles. any class should be able to do it, just wait for the green eles to kill and loot. in the meantime kill nagas and striders with ranged attacks, they die very fast. a well timed charge-esque ability might work as well before the fear kicks in. vashj usually has 80+ stacks when she enters phase 3 :D

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » June 5th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Yeah I had so much trouble with Vashj on my hunter before I realized my pet was killing the tainted elementals.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » June 5th, 2013, 4:24 pm

it bugs out on you if you tried to loot a core with one already in your bags.
That's not a bug. That's exactly "working as intended." The cores are unique. Use them as you get them and you'll have no trouble.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater

Post by Dragonwizard » June 6th, 2013, 7:19 am

Anasa wrote:
it bugs out on you if you tried to loot a core with one already in your bags.
That's not a bug. That's exactly "working as intended." The cores are unique. Use them as you get them and you'll have no trouble.
Yeah they are unique but accidently trying to loot something that is unique when you already have one is not suppose to make it disappear comepletely from the mob while also leaving the "loot sparkle" on the mob after the fact. That is the bug not so much the core being gone.

Chrth

Post by Chrth » June 6th, 2013, 7:31 am

Update:

My Ele Shaman was able to do it this time. Turning off Lightning Shield helped, altho my /tar coilfang macro didn't seem to want to work half the time (thank Khaz for Tremor Totem). Ghost Wolf is a great help in getting to the Tainted before they despawn.

Most importantly I made sure I was fully healed up (yay alchemy!) and had my Primal Earth Elemental out before clicking the last beam off.

And the pet dropped! Woot!