Wild Pet Spawning Conditions

Guides and information to collecting specific pets.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Wild Pet Spawning Conditions

Post by Quintessence » July 18th, 2012, 4:48 am

• Arctic Fox Kit - The Storm Peaks
    • Spawns only when it's snowing.
  • Baby Ape - The Cape of Stranglethorn (Jaguero Isle)
    • Spawns only when it's raining on the isle.
      Note: The island and the rest of the zone have different weather patterns, so even if it's raining in STV, it may not be raining on Jaguero Isle.
  • Eldritch Manafiend - Azsuna (Ley-Ruins of Zarkhenar)
    • Spawns only at night.
  • Erudite Manafiend - Azsuna (Ley-Ruins of Zarkhenar)
    • Spawns only during the day.
  • Qiraji Guardling - Silithus (The Scarab Wall and The Scarab Dais)
    • Spawns only during the summer (start date: June 21).
      Note: They can spawn on either side of the wall, and all the way up to the portal entrance for either instance.
  • Restless Shadeling - Deadwind Pass (Master's Cellar)
    • Spawns only in the early morning (roughly between midnight and 9 AM).
      Note: The cellar is underground and can be accessed from the ruins outside of Karazhan.
  • Silithid Hatchling - Tanaris (The Gaping Chasm and The Noxious Lair)
    • Spawns in either hive only during sandstorms.
  • Snowy Owl - Winterspring
    • Spawns only during the winter (start date: December 21).
  • Stone Armadillo - Desolace (South Eastern Desolace)
    • Spawns only at night.
  • Wanderer's Festival Hatchling - Krasarang Wilds (Turtle Beach)
    • Spawns only on Sunday night (roughly between 9 PM and 11 PM).
  • Widow Spiderling - Duskwood (Outer areas around Twilight Grove)
    • Spawns only at night.
      Note: It can be a secondary opponent when challenging another wild pet in the area.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Re: Wild Pet Spawning Conditions

Post by GormanGhaste » July 18th, 2012, 7:11 am

Silithid Hatchling - Tanaris (The Gaping Chasm, The Noxious Lair)
Spawns in either hive only during sandstorms.
Mingyao on Madoran

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 18th, 2012, 8:13 am

Can someone help confirm the following or provide other info?
    • Spawns only late at night (starting around Midnight). Note: The cellar is underground and can be accessed from the ruins outside of karazhan.
Prior to Pet Battles, the shadeling DID spawn only at night, but it's about 6 AM (server time) and I'm seeing 3 spawns in the cellar. The weather is clear and sun is rising.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kaiyou
Top Rater
Pet Score:2289
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Kaiyou » July 18th, 2012, 1:11 pm

Quintessence wrote:Can someone help confirm the following or provide other info?
    • Spawns only late at night (starting around Midnight). Note: The cellar is underground and can be accessed from the ruins outside of karazhan.
Prior to Pet Battles, the shadeling DID spawn only at night, but it's about 6 AM (server time) and I'm seeing 3 spawns in the cellar. The weather is clear and sun is rising.

It's about 11:00 AM server time on Lost Isles and I'm not seeing any of the Restless Shadelings. Been flying around for a few minutes and I also went into the cellar and nothing. So, they might still spawn late at night.

GormanGhaste
MVP

Post by GormanGhaste » July 18th, 2012, 6:35 pm

I believe for some people, 0600 is still night ;) Maybe the spawn time is something like midnight-0900?
Mingyao on Madoran

Sanguinarius

Post by Sanguinarius » July 19th, 2012, 10:28 pm

I think either the latest build removed some of the zone unique battle pets or added a lot more spawning conditions to a lot moe of the unique to one zone battle pets.

Sanguinarius

Post by Sanguinarius » July 19th, 2012, 10:49 pm

I think they'res also some phasing issues around

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 22nd, 2012, 1:26 pm

I've added a list of unconfirmed pets that need to have their possible spawning tested out. Remember to take note of the time of day in-game (server time) and the weather conditions.

Daniboone
MVP
Pet Score:13472
Realm:Stormrage-us

Tiny Twister & Tiny Bog Beast spotted

Post by Daniboone » July 22nd, 2012, 1:52 pm

The Tiny Bog Beast was seen about 9:30 am, server time and the Twister about an hour later. There were loads of twisters in Arathi by the way.

Castor27
Pet Score:5281
BattleTag®:Christophe#1856
Realm:Muradin-us

Post by Castor27 » July 22nd, 2012, 2:34 pm

I have found the restless shadeling spawning at exactly midnight server time 3 nights in a row. They spawn for about 15 minutes and then disappear. That doesn't mean they don't spawn at other times, but they do appear right after midnight. I also got several baby apes yesterday after camping jaguero island for several days. Similar to the shadeling it rained and they were active for about 15 minutes.

Amatheiya
Top Rater
Pet Score:9494
Realm:Dethecus-us

Post by Amatheiya » July 22nd, 2012, 11:45 pm

do we know exactly what time frame constitutes night/day? i thought night was over at 6am, but i saw Qiraji guardlings until 7am. (all times are server times)

as far as the restless shadeling goes, has anyone seen them spawn after the initial midnight spawn? i have camped the midnight spawn twice now, but never returned later to see if they came back.

the infested cub in hillsbrad, i know it spawns around azurelode mine, but i've checked day and night and have seen nothing but spiders and other players. maybe bad timing, maybe weather.

still searching for the snowy owl and minfernal. does anyone know locations to be scouring for those two within the zones? i've been circling all of winterspring and just were the infernals are south of whisperwind in felwood.

i've never gone inside the hives in tanaris, (crash issues going inside things) and i managed to catch a silithid above ground. i do believe it was during a sandstorm, but i forget if it was day or night.

10:16pm normal weather, dozens of Tiny Twisters up at the Circle of Outer Binding in arathi highlands right near the alliance flight path.

Kaycie
Pet Score:9851
BattleTag®:kaycied#1324
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Kaycie » July 23rd, 2012, 1:17 am

I found my giraffe calf at night in southern barrens... still unsure if it is a night only spawn or just reallllly slow respawn i was checking periodically thru-out the day and never saw one.

Cheetah cub I've only seen under one tree outside ratchet during the day has about a 5 min respawn(hard to get a decent guess on the limited spawns on a weekend night )

onixia whelp found at night did not see during the day

Marsh fiddler lvl 23 in Valley of the 4 winds at the thunderfoot ranch only saw it when it was raining ( was night also unsure if also dependent), as soon as the rain stopped it despawned (so depressing since i wasn't big enough to fight it)
Last edited by Kaycie on July 23rd, 2012, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remescao
Pet Score:2877
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Remescao » July 23rd, 2012, 2:40 am

Only seen Tiny Black Rams during the day on top of hills in Loch Modan. Try a hill with a nice rounded top, because there isn't room to battle on the side hills of bigger peaks.

Also in Westfall, most of the plowed land on the West side hosts Tiny Harvesters.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/remescao/#col
http://petsear.ch/Pets/US/Cairne/gryndom

Amatheiya
Top Rater

Post by Amatheiya » July 23rd, 2012, 3:26 am

took a flight path into felwood. while in flight at 1:20am several minfernals showed up on my mini map in shatter scar vale. upon landing and flying feverishly over there, every spawn was gone. i saw no other player in the area, and the weather was clear. perhaps this area is phased?
i intend to now take any and every quest i can find in this zone in the hopes of unlocking whatever i may need to unlock.

update: 2:26 am, completed all quests in whisperwind grove and bloodvenom falls. left zone and flew back in on flight path. again, 6-8 spawns showed up on my minimap, and upon landing, vanished. i will keep questing, but i suggest asking around. see if anyone has actually gotten one. it might be the zone itself is having an issue.

i also noticed this type of thing happened in arathi, while on the flight there were dozens of tiny twisters on the minimap. upon landing there were only 2. i did not count that as a glitch because there were two other people there and i took time out to type here before making it over the ridge to the circle. (playing alliance)

and in wetlands, about 5-6 tiny bog beasts on the map but only 1-2 actually there upon landing.

Update: i have completed every available quest in felwood now, and nothing has changed. they still appear on the minimap while on a flight path, and only when coming in from another zone, but cease to exist upon landing.

GormanGhaste
MVP

Post by GormanGhaste » July 23rd, 2012, 6:53 am

Found Qiraji Guardling at the entrance to AQ at a little after 17:00 during a sandstorm.
Mingyao on Madoran

Skulwolf
Top Rater
Pet Score:4831
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Skulwolf » July 23rd, 2012, 10:17 am

when i tamed tiny twister it was raining in arathi and u find it near the other wind elementals. and a bunch of them

Geckomedic
Pet Score:4532
BattleTag®:GeckoRob#1714
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Geckomedic » July 23rd, 2012, 2:02 pm

I believe that the Minfernal could simply be a rare spawn. I've camped the area during the rain and haven't seen any spawn, while during a regular "sunny" using that term loosely in Felwood 1 spawned. If you read the text in the pet journal on the Minfernal it states "These ill-tempered constructs of flame and rage sometimes rise from the remains of larger infernals who fall in battle." Could that possibly be a clue to finding one?

Grarn
Pet Score:12312
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us

Post by Grarn » July 23rd, 2012, 6:35 pm

I'm not in the Beta, but have been on the PTR. You tend to get booted every 5 mins or so, so I've been hunting up the pets. Training isn't unlocked but the trainers and pets are there. I've spotted both the tiny twisters and the tiny bog beast in clear daytime weather if that helps.

Amatheiya
Top Rater

Post by Amatheiya » July 24th, 2012, 3:22 am

i was circling around the scarab wall in silithus for the Qiraji Guardling, passing through to the AQ side as well. i was halfway through the AQ side (having decided to farm elsewhere heading to uldum) and suddenly everywhere on the AQ side of the wall, they spawned. there must have been 10 or more. it was 12:33 server time (night) they went all over the areas you can walk to. (just before the instance portals)
aside from that i usually only see 1 up at a time, (sometimes 2 and rarely 3) throughout the night. as far as i could tell the weather was normal.

saw it was raining in wetlands around 1:30 am. circled the area for the Tiny Bog Beast for almost 30 minutes as it rained. no spawns at all.