Recruit-A-Friend (How to recruit yourself) Updated 8.2.5+
Here is the process on how to recruit yourself to earn this pet.
It costs approximately $15.00 (cost of one month game time) to collect Rikki from the updated RAF system.
1. Log into the game, open your Social window.
2. Select the Recruit A Friend tab, and hit the recruitment button (lower left of the window).
3. A new window will pop up where you can generate a recruitment link.
- Note: Link does not expire until a custom date noted underneath the link field. Each link can be used 4 times.
- Note: You can use the same email address that's already attached to your main account.
- Note: Alt-accounts that are eligible for "recruitment" are accounts that are inactive and you haven't used in a long time (at least 2-3 years). You'll get a list of possible accounts to select or the option to make a new one.
- Note: Doesn't have to be the subscription option, and it's easier to use individual game time. This can be purchased either with a credit card or Bnet balance (obtained from a WoW Token purchased with gold).
- Note: To make sure the game time is applied, you can check by either going to your Bnet launcher and viewing the recruited account (WoW1, WoW2, etc.). A timer should be displayed next to the Play button if that account has game time on it. Alternatively, you can go to Account Management online, select Game & Subscriptions, and see if the RAF'ed account is listed as "Active Account Status".
You should be able to claim Rikki immediately once eligible and he will be added directly to your Pet Journal. He's rare quality and S/B breed.
Side Note: Although Rikki was an instantaneous reward, there are reports that the additional RAF rewards aren't when using a single RAF account.