Donna's "no-bs" WoD 6.1 Pet Tamer Guide

Guides and information to collecting specific pets.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
Re: Donna's "no-bs" WoD 6.1 Pet Tamer Guide

Post by Uduwudu » September 27th, 2016, 8:19 pm

Jhane wrote: ...
--- Vesharr 9-10 Rounds
Infinite Whelpling P/P 1, 2, 1
Carry, can be level 1
Chrominius 2, 1, 2

vs. both The Great Kaliri & Ancient Nest Guardian // vs. Darkwing
A bit late but here's mine, that will likely get nerf'd soon enough so the hit points get changed on Darkwing.

Chrominius (Arcane Explosion. do not need to use anything else)
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (Breath/Thunderbolt/Decoy)
Back up Nexus/Infinite/Erudite anything with an immediate bomb and FAST ... as in hit first.

No Howl needed. Use Arcane Explosion all the way until Great Kaliri dies, and you will notice that Darkwing is almost dead, and continue with Arcane Explosion, even though you have a red arrow under it for the Ancient. You are taking advantage of the back line damage at this point. Chrominius dies after 2 or 3 rounds from the Ancient. AND, then, you bring up the Dragonling and fire a Thunderbolt (IF NEEDED) -- it's AoE, just like the Arcane Explosion and all you are doing is ensuring that Darkwing is dead as well. He usually has about 70 hit points left ... 1400-133-133-133-133-133-133-133-133-133-133-70. Thus the AoE spell.

You might not need to fire a Thunderbolt, however I have not seen how Darkwing magically lost more than 133 points in one, or two rounds!

Then, a couple of breath's and if the Ancient Turkey is being a headache, you will need to pop Decoy.

Caution ... if Darkwing comes in, he gets healed big. Avoid the temptation to use Howl ... you don't need it and I am not sure (didn't test) that it doubles the back line damage when you next use Arcane Explosion. (I have to test that!!!)

Darkwing surviving only makes the fight longer, and your third pet will not make it if it is a Carry-On.

Note: Every time I have tried to use a carry pet, the Ancient Turkey has done them in ... however, I have not made sure that I was using a pet that was resistant to Mechanical Damage, I do not think. However, this might be because of my strategy of using Arcane Explosion all the way ... and one crit on it, will have Darkwing dead, with 2, maybe 3 rounds left on the Ancient.

All the other fights are easy ... though in Taralune, you have to be careful how you use Chrominius at the start. The Nether Fae finishes things off if it gets a crit. The Gargra fight only gets difficult if the middle Wolf goes invisible ... then you are going to have problems. I used the Blue something or other with the Missile for 945, and then adjust depending on what the first Wolf does. If it sends a Stampede, then you can use Missile and take him down on the next round. Otherwise you will need to use the Dragonling to burn a Breath on the 1st Wolf, in my case. The trick on the 2nd wolf to AVOID the invisible turn, is simple ... do not do anything "defensive". You let him come to the Dragonling, Breath, let him come, Breath and maybe a 3rd Breath. If you lose the Dragonling, then your Zep's first take is the bomb. And 2nd Wolf done. Now you can use Decoy on the 3rd Wolf, who does not double hit. The Tarr fight is posted elsewhere. Cymre is the only one I do not have down yet, and it is a fight I do not enjoy.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » September 30th, 2016, 12:32 pm

My Vesharr stuff sent to Aranesh was lost in action, so have it here now. Not very revolutionary TBH. ^^
Breeds shouldn't matter but let me know if they do. Also sometimes Imp refuses to die… 8-)
Pet 1: [pet]Fiendish Imp[/pet] ([ability]Flamethrower[/ability], [ability]Sear Magic[/ability], [ability]Nether Gate[/ability])
Pet 2: Level 1+ Pet (n/a)
Pet 3: [pet]Nexus Whelpling[/pet] or [pet]Stormborne Whelpling[/pet] ([ability]Tail Sweep[/ability], [ability]Mana Surge[/ability], [ability]Arcane Storm[/ability])

1) Nether Gate
2) Flamethrower
3) Sear Magic
4+) Flamethrower until Apexis Guardian dies -- your Imp follows him afterwards
Bring in your carry pet
Swap to the whelpling
1) Arcane Storm
2) Tail Sweep (there should be a Dragonkin buff, use Mana Surge if it isn't!)
3+) Mana Surge

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Leilalee
Pet Score:4846
Realm:Todeswache-eu

Post by Leilalee » November 2nd, 2016, 1:40 pm

Maybe it is mentioned somewhere else already, but I was trying, just to level some of the new pets, do go with this guide which in the past was great...

However, this time almost none of the strategies worked as they should, I had the impression that all of my pets where doing less damage than in before, which for most of the strategies is critical... I am having much trouble with tarr the terrible, for the others I managed to get through somehow...

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 2nd, 2016, 6:44 pm

It would depend on which strats you tried. Remember Legion brought some significant changes and this was done pre legion.

That said, all of the ones I did worked great except for Tarr, but I expected that due to the weebom changes

Which strats did you have trouble with? Were any of the pets involved changed in legion?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Leilalee

Post by Leilalee » November 3rd, 2016, 1:07 am

Thanks for trying to help! First of all, I am not much of a strategist, so I was extremely glad to find guides like this one to help me through and to be honest, the only thing I remember having read about, that they changed something on the howl-mechanic. Below are the strategies I usually take and how they worked out this time:

Cymre Brightblade
Emperor Crab
Carry Pet
Infinite Whelpling

This seemed to work fine.

Ashlei
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling + Carry pets - no problems

Vesharr
Chrominius
Carry Pet
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling

Here I encountered first differences. It did work only on the 2nd try and did not go the way it usually does.

Taralune
Fragment of Desire
Carry Pet
Azure Whelpling

Again, this encounter did not go the way it previously did, with the 2nd pet of Taralune always surviving with about 100 health. In the end it still worked, but I am not sure if I just got lucky.

Tarr the Terrible
Unborn Val'kyr
Carry Pet
Weebomination

Ok, so you mentioned already they changed something here? This was the one which gave me the most trouble, because simply adding this self-heal to the rota did not help. In the end I got lucky with a crit from my valkyr ability, on 3rd or 4th try, otherwise this might have taken much longer :-/

Gargra
Personal World Destroyer
Carry Pet
Tranquil Mechanical Yeti

This one seemed to work fine again.

Btw, is there some thread already on which pets have been changed and how in legion? So that I can at least know that things might not work as in the past if these are involved? Thanks a lot for your help :)

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 3rd, 2016, 5:31 pm

The Vesharr fight is inherently RNG due to the first pet's use of both slicing winds and the crit buff. It definitely can both fail and work but go completely different if all the RNG lines up. I've been using this one for quite a while since legion came out with it all working as expected (when you know the RNG can happen). Additionally Chrominius and the 2nd pet are the same speed, so coin tosses for who goes first can greatly change things up. I prefer to pair Chrominius with an S/S bronze whelpling with Arcane Slash, Early Advantage, and Lift Off. Lift off is used for those rare combos where the whelp has to face an entangling roots. Early advantage is normally what I use to do the first attack to the robot (unless he has the frenzy buff up that makes him take damage as a flyer...I switch to Arcane Slash).

Normally for the 2nd pet my battle goes:

Chrominius does Arcane Blast AoE
Chrominius does Surge of Power and dies to the entangling roots
Select Carry Pet, but immediately swap to Bronze Whelp
Early Advantage to push the mech racial
Dragon Racial boosted arcane slash to finish him off

Again Lift Off is for those other scenarios where something goes out of whack and you need to avoid the entangling roots.

Arcane Slash normally finishes off the 3rd enemy in one hit.

For Taralune, I'll have to try that one out again as I moved on to a different strat that is a bit safer but uses rarer pets. I'll see if I can test it out later tonight.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » November 3rd, 2016, 6:24 pm

Ok, got some Taralune time in. The undead racial change is messing up the strat. It will still work as long as you don't get unlucky with a sleep on the whelp. But definitely not a reliable strat anymore.

You might try the other strat with Chrominius. I haven't tried it yet, but might be worth a shot.

Leilalee

Post by Leilalee » November 4th, 2016, 1:18 pm

For Vesharr, I realized that in the last fight I did not pay proper attention. In the past it happened very rarely that the MPD would get tangled, although it is mentioned. Now this seems to happen more often, so I need to remember to use decoy immediately. Otherwise the 3rd pet has to much life when it comes into the fight.

For Taralune I tried the strategy with Chrominius and that worked fine. For Tarr the terrible I found another thread with a strategy using the macabre marionette instead of weeboom, which also worked fine, so now I can go on levling my new pets :)

Thanks for your help again! :)

PS: did not try the bronze whelpling, since mine is P/P and I guess that the speed might make a difference.

Heriwald
Pet Score:4753
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Heriwald » November 12th, 2016, 9:08 pm

Never underestimate the power of a p/s nexus whelping. He outspeed alot of birds after landing a hit and kills them with the second.

I use the ashlei -> veshar -> taralune route to get a level 1 pet to 19 (with hat)

I put p/s nexus whelping in slot 3, carry pet in slot 2. For ashlei, since I like nexus whelping alot, I put a p/p nexus whelping in slot 1 and then swap in sentinel companion for vesharr and taralune.

1/2/2 for whelpings, sentinel is 1/2/2 for vesharr and 2/2/2 for taralune. Rng can have some influence considering the possiblility of stun with sentinel's companion but in the end, nexus whelping clears everything