Binds when picked up
Use: Teaches you how to summon this companion.
Idles about; wrappings flutter in the breeze.
"Harvests souls" when owner kills player/mob that yields exp or honor. Pet doubles as vendor with unique items sold only to owner.
Loot code required.
This pet, the largest land-based companion to date, is redeemed through the extremely rare 'Ethereal Plunderer' loot card from the World of Warcraft The Hunt for Illidan TCG expansion. The card may be scratched to reveal a code allowing access to this pet. The code may be redeemed at Blizzard's promotion retrieval page. The pet may be obtained in-game from Landro Longshot in Booty Bay.
This pet doubles as a specialized vendor. When its owner kills a mob that grants experience or honor, the Ethereal Soul-Trader will "harvest its soul", yielding a small amount of Ethereal Credits to the owner. In exchange for this currency, the following items may be purchased:
- Soul-Trader Armor Set - six equippable items that form traditional ethereal garb.
- Diluted Ethereum Essence - a consumable that grants the ability to detect Lesser Invisibility (does not detect invisible players).
- Ethereal Essence Sphere - an electrical ball that may be thrown to other players.
- Ethereal Liqueur - a very strong alcoholic beverage.
- Ethereal Mutagen - used to transform a companion pet into a Flesh Beast.
Note that you cannot sell your unwanted items to the Ethereal Soul-Trader.
Hah! Take that Yeti! Finally, a companion pet that dwarfs even you! You're not so imposing anymore, Yeti. In fact, with this guy at my side, I can smite you down! And when your broken body falls, the Ethereal will harvest your soul! But then, you don't even have a soul, do you, Yeti? You're just a mindless wind-up toy, made with shoddy parts and broken dreams! I want your head, Yeti! I want— *snaps out of it* Whoah... sorry 'bout that, folks. These big pets always make me a little... unstable.