It was recently brought to our attention by a WarcraftPets user that the Savage Cub now performs a new and unique animation.
If you target it and emote /sit, your pet will walk over to you and jump into your lap for a snuggle (pictured right).
After further testing, it was discovered that this new interaction works with nearly all of the feline pet models, including less conventional cats (listed below).
However one cat, the Feline Familiar, is finickier than the rest and does not respond to the emote. Perhaps she feels our laps are inferior to her flying broom!
It's speculated that the new animation for feline battle pets was implemented with the release of Patch 6.2. Regardless of when this change occurred, it's a wonderful and fun update to older cat models.
More Pet Interactions
Pet interactions were a part of the game long before Pet Battles became a feature.
From the Disgusting Oozeling providing a green-colored aura and debuff, to the Searing Scorchling setting fire to nearby critters, there are some pets that have entertaining animations.
Here are just a few other pets to play with.
- Dread Hatchling - A heart appears over its head when the player summons the Raven Lord mount or Dread Raven mount.
- Filthling - Spews liquid onto the player, applying a Filthy buff for 10 seconds which turns the player a brownish-green color.
- Jubling - Drinks from a Dark Iron Ale Mug.
- Mojo - Turns you into a frog when you target it and emote /kiss.
- Pengu and Mr. Chilly - Does a belly slide when you target it and spam the emote /sexy.
- Plump Turkey - "Finds its destiny" when near a campfire. (pictured above right)
- Trunks - Emoting /wave while targeting it will turn you temporarily translucent. (pictured right)
Pet Filter - See all pets with interactions
To view the full list of pets with interactions, check out our Pet Filter. Select "Has Interactivity" under Pet Properties and then Apply Filters.
It's always exciting to come across a brand new animation, especially if they're unexpected as in the case with feline battle pets. New or old — which pet do you enjoy interacting with the most?