Patch 6.2 has arrived! There are many new pets to collect, new legendary NPCs to defeat, and much more. [source]
26 New Pets
- 4 new wild pets (pictured above) can be found in Tanaan Jungle.
- 2 new wild pets in Spires of Arak and Talador with unique spawning — only one will be up in the zone at any given time. There should always be one spawned, however.
- Collect Hogs after completing an achievement at the Darkmoon Faire.
- There's a new fishing vendor at the Darkmoon Faire with 2 new pets for sale.
- The Menagerie is also housing a new vendor with 4 new pets.
- Crusher, a pet inspired by a young aspiring developer, is available from a vendor in your Town Hall.
- Quest and complete the Garrison Campaign in Tanaan Jungle and you might find 2 new friends.
- Liberate the Corrupted Nest Guardian (pictured right) from the new Hellfire Citadel raid.
- A tribute pet honoring Community Manager Nethaera can be found in Dalaran.
- Defeat the Legendary Boss Pets in Tanaan for a chance at 4 new pets (more below).
Check out all 26 Patch 6.2 pets!
New Features and Changes
- The Pet Battle Bonus Event is five consecutive days of bonus pet experience each month. Complete the event's quest (account-wide), The Very Best, and earn an Ultimate Battle-Training Stone.
- There are 15 new Legendary Boss Pets in Tanaan Jungle. These encounters have different backline pets each day that have randomized abilities. Earn Fel-Touched Pet Supplies for every boss pet defeated (not account-wide). Inside you'll find a few Pet Charms, pet bandages, and possibly one of four new pets!
- 4 new pet toys — Spirit Wand, Magic Pet Mirror and Indestructible Bone can be purchased from the new vendor at your Menagerie. Discover The Perfect Blossom in Tanaan Jungle and create your own fel-touched pet.
- Pet experience from Erris and Kura has returned, but at a reduced amount.
- Fragment of Suffering's moveset was updated. Darkflame was removed and replaced with Agony.
- The Zergling and Baneling are now classified as part of the Critter pet family, instead of Magic.
From new pets to collect to new events and legendary NPCs, there's a substantial amount of Pet Battle content in this latest patch — not that we're complaining!