Last week Blizzard released the official 6.1 PTR Patch Notes. [source]
There are a few notable pet-related additions and changes coming in 6.1.
- For the Pet Battlers out there, there's a separate chance for an additional visitor offering unique Pet Battles with a chance to award a bag containing Pet Battle items and new Battle Pets.
- Reduced the difficulty of quests to unlock the Menagerie, elite pet challenges, and pet battle daily quests.
- New battle pets have been added to Black Temple, Caverns of Time: Hyjal Summit, and Sunwell Plateau along with a new achievement, Raiding with Leashes III to collect them all. Completing the achievement to collect all the new Battle Pets will award a Naaru pet.
- Level 100 characters with a Tier-3 Garrison will now receive an item in the mail that increases a single Battle Pet's level to 25.
Collectors still working towards acquiring the Land Shark will also have a better time catching Lunkers in 6.1.
Lunkers can now be caught from fishing pools and have an improved catch rate with higher fishing skill.
On top of these changes, there are a few other updates that were not mentioned in the patch notes.
- All Flawless Battle-Stones have had their level penalty removed. Using a Battle-Stone on a level 15+ pet no longer causes it to lose levels.
- Pet Charms stack to 1,000.
- Pet Charms and Battle-Training Stones are Bind On Account instead of soulbound.
If you have an excess number of Pet Charms and Battle-Training Stones, Patch 6.1 will definitely help free up some bag space. We look forward to it!