The new possible pets include:
- Darkmoon Balloon
- Darkmoon Cub
- Darkmoon Monkey
- Darkmoon Tonk
- Darkmoon Turtle
- Darkmoon Zeppelin
- Festival Lantern
- Fetish Shaman
- Lunar Lantern
- Sea Pony
- Gregarious Grell - future TCG deck, "Crown of Heaven", common loot card
- Purple Puffer - upcoming TCG deck, "Throne of the Tides", common loot card
- Sand Scarab - future TCG deck, "Tomb of the Forgotten", common loot card
It should be noted that although three new TCG pets have been discovered on the PTR with corresponding expansion decks, it will take at least a month or two after the release of each deck before we will see signs of the next one.
Also, since these are datamined, keep in mind that they may not go live right away (or ever) with the release of 4.3. Still, we remain hopeful that we will get to see live versions of many of these pets in the future!
Winter Veil Pets Changed
New pets weren't the only things found within the PTR data, there were some changes to the existing Winter Veil mini-pets as well. The snowball requirement to summon them has been removed, and all of their tooltips have been updated.
- Father Winter's Helper no longer requires a Snowball. Helpers are very busy year-round, and only have leisure time during the Feast of Winter Veil.
- Tiny Snowman no longer requires a Snowball. The snowman is larger and lasts longer during Winter Veil.
- Winter Reindeer no longer requires a Snowball. The Winter Reindeer only dresses up for Winter Veil.
- Winter's Little Helper no longer requires a Snowball. Helpers are very busy year-round, and only have leisure time during the Feast of Winter Veil.
As their updated tooltips indicate, these four festive companions behave differently when summoned during non-Winter Veil days. Both the Helper companions will do a "no" emote, and then promptly hearth (back to Father Winter's side, no doubt!) The Tiny Snowman has a much more graphic departure, as it tumbles over and falls apart after a few seconds. Thankfully, it's not a permanent farewell for any of these pets, and you can re-summon them again.