Here's a summary of what to expect in the latest content patch. For a full list of all the updates, check out the official 5.2 patch notes.
23 New Pets to Collect!
- The Gusting Grimoire is the common pet loot card from the latest TCG expansion deck, Betrayal of the Guardian
- 4 new wild pets on the Isle of Thunder.
- There are 3 new raid pets that can drop in Throne of Thunder LFR, Normal or Heroic mode.
- Completing a new quest to defeat Elite Battle Pets rewards the Red Panda and will unlock a daily. This daily has a chance to yield additional panda pets!
- Do you like dinosaurs? The Isle of Giants has 4 new baby dinosaur pets to collect as well as a quest reward pet for gathering up 999 dino-bones.
- 2 new pets that drop from (rare) elites.
- Better get your angling gear ready, because there are 4 new fish companions just waiting to be fished up!
View All New Pets
New Pet Battle Features
- Got inventory space? Battle Pet Bandages now stack to 25 and are BoA!
- Forfeiting a battle will no longer despawn your wild pet opponent. Additionally, your active pet team will take a damage penalty for fleeing. Note: This penalty should not affect Tamer Battles.
- Players at max level will have a chance to receive Lesser Charms of Good Fortune from a successful Pet Battle. The opposing team must be within 5 levels of the highest level pet on your active team, and higher level opponents have a better chance at yielding a charm.
- Players that are not level capped will receive player experience for winning a Pet Battle against a pet that is within 5 levels of the player's highest level pet.
- PVP Pet Battlers rejoice! There is a chance to earn a Battle-Stone from a successful PVP battle.
- Pet resilience is a new mechanic that grants a pet that has been recently affected by crowd-control, immunity to crowd-control for a short period of time.
- Many pet attacks and abilities have been re-tuned to help balance gameplay.
Patch 5.2 offers a large list of pets to collect and new opponents to battle, so what are you waiting for?
Go get 'em!