My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Any pets you hate to fight?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Schaufel
Top Rater
 
Posts: 7
Joined: September 23rd, 2010
Pet Score: 1549

Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Schaufel » December 8th, 2012, 11:49 pm

See topic - what wild pets do you just absolutely hate to fight but always seem to get stuck with?

For me, it's squirrels. Man, do I hate squirrels (chipmunks included - anything with a squirrel-esque appearance and skill set). It seems they always have the most annoying skill set designed to maim you (half the time, they come with Woodchipper and Nut Barrage DoTs), and they're always secondary/tertiary to something I want to catch or when I'm trying to level my team. Stupid squirrels.

User avatar
Arcana
MVP
 
Posts: 37
Joined: December 19th, 2007
Pet Score: 2052

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Arcana » December 9th, 2012, 12:47 am

Bunnies with dodge and burrow. I also *hate* that Outlands Shadowmoon Valley netherwhelp that has phase shift AND dodge or whatever it's called. So annoying!

User avatar
Quintessence
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: June 4th, 2008
Pet Score: 3071

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Quintessence » December 9th, 2012, 1:04 am

Frogs, everywhere, frogs! >_< Especially if they have Frog Kiss. They just love spamming that on my pets. :(

Spiders can be a nuisance too if they have Sticky Web and Leech Life.
Image
Feel free to browse through Perks N Peeves, my vanity pet collecting blog!

Petjunky
 
Posts: 9
Joined: October 31st, 2012
Pet Score: 0

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Petjunky » December 9th, 2012, 2:41 am

The ones I hate most are pets with cyclone. Those battles take forever.

User avatar
Dannime
Top Rater
 
Posts: 1
Joined: May 9th, 2011
Pet Score: 2089

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Dannime » December 9th, 2012, 4:35 am

When levling pets i hate birds, healers and spiders. Ive lost many a pet because it got trapped for too long.
Oh and turtles! :ugeek:
Oh crud, basically i dont do water pets lol!

User avatar
Sikker
 
Posts: 22
Joined: January 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 0

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Sikker » December 9th, 2012, 7:30 am

Any mechanical, but mostly the clockwork gnome. The turret does insane damage for a DoT and with the repair and mechanical racial you basically have to kill it twice. And now that they changed the way cooldowns work you can get multiple repairs in one fight, all the while the turret is murdering your team.

Undead can also be a pain.

Sesamee
 
Posts: 50
Joined: October 19th, 2012
Pet Score:

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Sesamee » December 9th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Rabbits! You can't touch those things! I named one of mine MC Hammer cause of that. :lol:

User avatar
Cassuide
Top Rater
 
Posts: 22
Joined: October 14th, 2012
Pet Score: 2233

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Cassuide » December 9th, 2012, 11:31 pm

I hate the healers... If you battle a emerald proto-whelping you'll know heals... It seems to take forever and if your trap doesn't catch it first go it just keeps healing :shock:

User avatar
Amaryss
 
Posts: 3
Joined: August 27th, 2011
Pet Score: 1527

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Amaryss » December 10th, 2012, 12:53 am

In respect to levelling up pets, definitely everything that has poison or dots. It really really really slows me down to have to heal after every battle or risk my pet-to-be-levelled dying even after switching out after the first turn for the xp.

:cry:

User avatar
Florencia
 
Posts: 44
Joined: November 14th, 2012
Pet Score: 0

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Florencia » December 10th, 2012, 6:43 am

elemental/aquatic pets with surge, also, the shattrath pet tamer's, those three crocodiles with blood in the water AND surge. glad that I have my crocodile family in collection too.. 8-)

User avatar
Mathew013
MVP
 
Posts: 69
Joined: October 2nd, 2012
Pet Score: 2786

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Mathew013 » December 10th, 2012, 10:56 am

I hate facing a pet with the "Wish" ability (seems way too OP for my taste) or the "Shell Shield" ability, which nullifies DoTs like, Rip - even though the Rip tool tip says "to Bleed for 78 Beast damage per round for 5 rounds" - and yet, the Shell shield ability says "Reduces up to 37 damage from each attack against you." ... so, wouldn't that mean my Rip would still inflict 41 damage, right? :roll: Ah, not quite.

>> Mat

User avatar
Talmar
MVP
 
Posts: 272
Joined: November 12th, 2010
Pet Score: 2839

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Talmar » December 10th, 2012, 11:27 am

Moths...I hate being put to sleep and then watching them cocoon themselves the next round.

Rabbits with Dodge and Burrow annoy me as well.

User avatar
Bistromath
 
Posts: 0
Joined: July 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 2818

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Bistromath » December 10th, 2012, 11:32 am

im to the point now where i hate any trainer pet that has a Skill that has a 25% stun chance like Rupture. The reason is after this last patch it seems that daily trainers pets have more like a 75% to 100% stun chance.

I just got done fighting the trainer in Dread Wastes next to the Bug dailys and his Elemental used Rupture 7 times and stuned all 7.

I wish my pets could do that.

User avatar
Aurrie
Top Rater
 
Posts: 90
Joined: July 6th, 2012
Pet Score: 2922

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Aurrie » December 11th, 2012, 11:05 am

Quintessence wrote:Frogs, everywhere, frogs! >_< Especially if they have Frog Kiss. They just love spamming that on my pets. :(


^ This x1000. I can't tell you how many battles where the wild frogs seem to never miss with their Frog Kiss, perpetually turning my pets into frogs. Very annoying.

User avatar
Zaelo
 
Posts: 265
Joined: October 23rd, 2012
Pet Score: 1750

Re: Any pets you hate to fight?

Postby Zaelo » December 11th, 2012, 11:37 am

Frogs with Frog Kiss spam is indeed quite annoying!
and Turtle with Heal and Shell Shield >.> ugh takes a while to kill
Oh and Moth when their sleep spell keeps proccing and keep using cocoon strike, they can be annoying too


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests