Got a few questions

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Askastraza
Pet Score:2146
Realm:Norgannon-us
Got a few questions

Post by Askastraza » November 29th, 2014, 12:23 am

Not sure what thread it should be in since I'm also looking for some pets.. But what's the best way to farm for an Azure whelping? I was suppose to get one but the person who was going to trade me one never did, or they forgot I don't know, also best way for a crimson whelp? Been needing them bad....

Also trying to figure out how to get one of the... Bush chickens since the bags aren't being very friendly with me :( No toy yet either...

Same for Demidos or whatever blaaaaah, pet collecting is hard.. Any tips would be nice, or something, same for old raid pets like MoP raids, what is the best way to snag those up now? I don't have much gold on my server or really anything to trade for them anymore so I'm curious.

Dagris
Top Rater
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Re: Got a few questions

Post by Dagris » November 29th, 2014, 2:21 am

Askastraza wrote:Not sure what thread it should be in since I'm also looking for some pets.. But what's the best way to farm for an Azure whelping? I was suppose to get one but the person who was going to trade me one never did, or they forgot I don't know, also best way for a crimson whelp? Been needing them bad....

Also trying to figure out how to get one of the... Bush chickens since the bags aren't being very friendly with me :( No toy yet either...

Same for Demidos or whatever blaaaaah, pet collecting is hard.. Any tips would be nice, or something, same for old raid pets like MoP raids, what is the best way to snag those up now? I don't have much gold on my server or really anything to trade for them anymore so I'm curious.
Well if you can't afford to buy or trade then killing things that drop them and completing quests/dailies for them and crossing your fingers is about it :) You may be able to find something to trade though, check the pet trading forums for what folks are looking for/offering. Sometimes you can trade services as well, like pet levelling and/or stoning in lieu of an actual item there

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 29th, 2014, 2:51 am

If you can't afford to flat out buy the pets you want, then dedicating yourself to farming them is the solution for sure. Not only will you have a shot at getting the pet you want for free, but you'll make gold just picking up junk and stuff while farming.

So for the bush chicken, you need to have every available toon doing the turn ins daily - I had 4 toons doing it initially but was going to add more to the list if I didn't get the pet and toy after the first two or three days. I even considered rolling a few new toons to increase my chances even more, if it came down to it.

For Demidos, you should be checking his spawn point daily. I did so for over a week before I finally saw him. He was a bit tougher than I expected but once I pulled about a dozen people suddenly jumped in to help, and I luckily got a pet drop.

And as Dagris mentioned, folks will sometimes do trades for things other than pets. Stones and pet leveling are something some folks want. There's some demand for toy box toys and very rare transmog gear as well. And game time and bnet balance offers will always get responses, if you want to go that route.

Askastraza
Pet Score:2146
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Askastraza » November 29th, 2014, 6:14 am

I finally got my bush chicken after many unlucky bags x____X now I'm trying to get the friggen toy from it as well hahaa! Demidos I saw! But he didn't drop the pet :( Sad day indeed. I could offer pet leveling services, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not D: I don't want someone to think that I kept their pet or something, I tend to be a bit slow, broke in real life and in a game hahaha, I'm lucky to even be getting a desktop for christmas with whatever money that can be scrapped up so I can start trying to get some work or something to make an income.. v.v; hard times now days, bluh.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 29th, 2014, 4:09 pm

If you're thinking about offering leveling services what I recommend is that you trade your level 25 for their level 1. That way there's no worry about missing the deadline, being accused of stealing the other pet, etc.