Hatespark dupe?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Hatespark dupe?

Post by Tekulve2012 » November 22nd, 2014, 4:33 am

So I've been tracking the availability of the flood of new pets to try to foresee the future value of these commodities. It is an outlier to have more than 500 of this pet on day 1 of its arrival. Some realms have 19 available.

I get that there are WoW players with no interest in battle pets but the numbers are staggering compared to the other new pets to hit the market...at very least, I expect the current 10-30k price tag to fall quickly

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Re: Hatespark dupe?

Post by Quil2 » November 22nd, 2014, 5:28 am

If you consider that the majority of level 100 players have or will run Molten Core in the first few days, I expect to see many in the AH. It's a 10 percent drop rate, so if a server has 500 people run it today, that's 50 pets brought into the game. If you see 20 for sale, then it still means more than half chose to keep their pet. And some are just testing the waters with higher prices to see if they get a bite.

Given the long time it takes to run MC, and the guaranteed mount and helm drops that the vast majority are after, I don't think many people will repeat run the instance. Only the pet nuts and transmog nuts (I already ran it twice!). Of course those still reaching 100 will run it, but that will just trickle a smaller number of pets in over the next month.

I think they'll drop in price as so many compete with each other on the AH right now and more come in over the next few days, but then I also think the collectors will snag them up quickly when they realize the number available starts dropping.

It takes 2 to 5 hours to clear MC, depending on the group, with no loot except your chance at the pet each re-run. If it took 10 clears or more to get the pet, I wouldn't blink at spending 10k gold or more to skip that.

Fadaar
Pet Score:11400
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Fadaar » November 22nd, 2014, 6:51 am

Precisely my line of thought. I was hoping it'd be a super common drop, but of the 40 people I think maybe 5 got it. Sigh.

Mizix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7887
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Mizix » November 22nd, 2014, 11:49 am

In my group today only 2 got the pet, I wasn't one of them :(

Honestly, I can't think of any good reason why Hatespark has such a low droprate: it is supposed to be an anniversary event, a celebration! It was neither of those things for me the few times I queued up... People trash-talk eachothers all the time, tanks chain pull without paying attention to ress, mana or anything else for that matters. This event is so ill-conceived I can't believe Blizzard actually thinks we're enjoying this WoW's milestone.

Imho, Hatespark and the weapon-transmog should have a super high drop-rate, if not 100% at least over 50%.

Kozia
Pet Score:4554
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Kozia » November 22nd, 2014, 12:15 pm

Just finished MC today and I think the spark of hate refers to what is building in the players. I ran MC back in the days when it was an actual raid, then I ran it with friends to farm rep when it became more farmable and then I ran it on my own to get all the raiding with leashes pets. And now I'm back to running the bloody thing again for a pet that I saw drop for 1 guy in our 40-person raid and since we have to do all bosses and follow at least a minimum of tactics this is much, much worse than the other LFRs I've done.
It took 3 hours with people sniping at each other constantly and threatening to kick people and so on and so forth until I felt ready to just quit, pet or no pet. I have to agree with the above poster that I really don't feel like it's a celebration, since instead of enjoying all the new content and the lovely new garrison I have to run this raid again and again as I seem to be extremely bad at getting gold and therefore will not be able to buy before the event is over and then the prices will just skyrocket even more :-(

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » November 22nd, 2014, 12:21 pm

Can the pet drop on normal? Or do you have to do Heroic or higher? I only have 596iLvl.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 22nd, 2014, 12:47 pm

Kel wrote:Can the pet drop on normal? Or do you have to do Heroic or higher? I only have 596iLvl.
The pet only drops from the anniversary edition of MC (LFR), unfortunately. The original MC only drops the Raiding With Leashes pets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kandystryper
MVP
Pet Score:9027
BattleTag®:Squishy#1137
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kandystryper » November 22nd, 2014, 1:38 pm

It might not be as convenient for everyone, but experience has taught me that these events are best run between 3am-6amEST - especially during school nights and especially before the Holidays lets the kids out.

Sure enough, I queued up this morning at 4:30am and not only was it a full raid but there was very little problems and drama - the older crowd was focused on completing it and the only trolling going on were of the verbal kind that most everyone ignored and didn't fuel so it was actually a pretty good run.

I wish everyone much luck on their MC completion <3

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » November 23rd, 2014, 4:25 am

I think the OP is underesimating how many that drops. 10+ people usually gets it per run.

Beardydan
Pet Score:5027
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Beardydan » November 23rd, 2014, 6:09 am

Luciandk wrote:I think the OP is underesimating how many that drops. 10+ people usually gets it per run.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. No

2 got it last run i was in.

Kozia
Pet Score:4554
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Kozia » November 23rd, 2014, 11:48 am

Just did MC again. Just as much a nightmare as last time. 2 got pet. Not me :-( Running it with guild tonight, but no more pugs. Seriously, the hate for this instance is no longer just a spark :evil:

Trece
Pet Score:13682
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Trece » November 23rd, 2014, 2:46 pm

Luciandk wrote:I think the OP is underesimating how many that drops. 10+ people usually gets it per run.
They aren't, only 4 got it in mine

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » November 23rd, 2014, 8:23 pm

Well, just be glad you can get in. I only have 603iLvl, and I don't have the time to farm gear, so it looks like I'm going to miss out on this one. Hopefully some day I can grab one off the AH. :cry:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » November 24th, 2014, 6:53 am

Beardydan wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. No

2 got it last run i was in.
And only 3 got it in my run. Luckily one of those was my BF so he said I could have his. Phew!
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » November 24th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Yesterday they were 20k on my realm. Today they're down to 10k. I'm going to wait a bit to see if they lower more.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 25th, 2014, 4:18 am

Avalee wrote:Yesterday they were 20k on my realm. Today they're down to 10k. I'm going to wait a bit to see if they lower more.
Problem is, at some point, the trend will break.
It some point, peopel will start to be fed up with MC and less and less runs will take place..
Less runs = less pets
Less pets = higher price.

And in the beginning of January, the pet will disappear (probably forever) and price will, most likely, explode...

Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Druzy » November 25th, 2014, 1:03 pm

There is no loot lock. Can't you just keep running LFR of this until it drops for you? Assuming you have the expansion, no life, and the patience?

Alkaia
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Alkaia » November 26th, 2014, 4:06 am

First run on MC40 last night.

Was a complete mess at first. People unable to resist doing aoe attacks and pulling everything resulting in multiple wipes, expensive repair bills, and a lot of name calling. However, somewhere, somehow everyone did come together and when that happened it was a fairly enjoyable run and I could see the appeal of a 40 person run.

Oh.... and Hatespark dropped for me and 2 others.

I learnt him as I'm not sure how many more times I will run it and if only approx. 5 people are getting him there's no guarantee I'll get another.

Nice little fella he is as well.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » November 26th, 2014, 4:10 pm

After seeing this thread the other morning, I logged on and checked for Hatesparks on the AH. Snapped one up for 9k BO and left a 9.5k bid on another. Must have been a good deal, as when I came back a few hours later to check, the bid one had been bought out for 14k and the lowest one listed was around 20k (the lowest on there now is 30k, and they are even going for 20k+ on my high-pop pet-buying alt realm too).

Looks like it's going to be another of those things that only pet collectors will be farming after the first few runs, so I'm glad I bought mine. I'm not even 100 yet, and there is no guarantee people will still be interested in running it by the time I stop slacking and finish the last couple of levels. :roll:

Jagwyr
Pet Score:6313
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Jagwyr » November 26th, 2014, 4:40 pm

So yesterday I finally got brave enough to try this.. waited in the queue for FOUR HOURS to run MC... finally got in... loading screen --> disconnected from server. :evil:

So frustrating. I'm feeling really good about my decision to snatch the pet off the AH when I saw one for 10k. I still want to run for the helm, but as a dps, with that kind of queue time plus the expected frustration of the raid... ugh. Not fun. I really feel for everyone trying to get the pet.