Quality of battle pets not being properly counted

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Zeryph
Pet Score:10422
Realm:Tanaris-us
Quality of battle pets not being properly counted

Post by Zeryph » January 17th, 2014, 12:23 am

Every time ive re-imported pets my avg pet lvl and such will go up, ill get less uncommon and a higher score. but I kept thinking tht 50+ uncommon pets seemed like a lot so ive counted all pets tht I have tht aren't rare and I got 47. This is rly hurting my score and makes me a sad panda. :( how can I fix this? or wht is the issue?
Liz <3

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Quality of battle pets not being properly counted

Post by Quintessence » January 17th, 2014, 3:50 pm

There are quite a few pets that will continue to show up as uncommon, even if you upgrade them to rare in your Pet Journal. Hopefully Blizzard will correct this issue in the future.

Pets affected are generally those that cannot battle. These pets include but are not limited to (pets in bold indicate that they're in your collection):

Alliance Balloon
Horde Balloon

Chi-Ji Kite
Yu'lon Kite

Sky Lantern
Argent Gruntling
Argent Squire
Guild Page (horde and alliance)
Guild Herald (horde and alliance)

Your armory currently lists 47 uncommon pets, so add the 9 mentioned above and the result is 56 uncommon pets (as shown on your WarcraftPets profile page).

Keep in mind that your armory value and your WarcraftPets value do not match up because the armory doesn't track the quality of certain pets, but the quality of the pet item that teaches the companion.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Zeryph
Pet Score:10422
Realm:Tanaris-us

Post by Zeryph » January 18th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post and yea thm blizz folks need to get on this!

Grenol
Pet Score:4263
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Grenol » November 10th, 2014, 10:25 pm

As of today 11/10/14 I take it that this still has not been fixed :( Wasted battle-stones hoping this would raise my score slightly.

Grenol

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » November 11th, 2014, 12:43 pm

The only way we can address this on our site is to make all of these "noncombat" pets automatically counted as rare rather than uncommon (whether stones were used or not). It's either all users get bonus points or no one does -- there is no other way we can address this while waiting for Blizzard to fix it in the Armory.

If there's enough support for that idea, we will go ahead with it.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » November 11th, 2014, 5:02 pm

My vote is to count them as rare (so I can see 100% ;) )

Vaerosi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10251
BattleTag®:Vaerosi#1664
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Vaerosi » November 11th, 2014, 5:42 pm

GilroyKilroy wrote:My vote is to count them as rare (so I can see 100% ;) )
I would support this as well, at least until Blizzard gets around to fixing it on their end. It's quite annoying to know that you've upgraded all of your pets, only to see on the site that you have a few that are bugged.

Maybe count them as L25 as well, since they can't be leveled? Again, so that people who have all of their pets at max level don't see strange numbers and/or percentages on their profiles and collection pages.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » November 11th, 2014, 6:07 pm

I've never liked idea of automatically showing them rare or level 25 just so you can get to 100% rare or 100% level 25 and I am one of those crazy people who have all rares and level 25. Personally I'd prefer to see them as a separate count.

Pets at Max Level* 582 of 582 (12 non-battle) or something along those lines.

For the quality drop one or both of the epic/legendary for now and add section for non-battle won't show upgrade in armory.

In both cases it's the most accurate way to present the stats.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » November 12th, 2014, 8:00 pm

I like the idea of a seperate count for non-battle pets. If that would create coding difficulties I think that marking them as rare is a nice second choice.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 13th, 2014, 2:11 pm

I like Kpb's idea. I too have everything upgraded but I don't want to see them all marked rare by default, just for the sake of 100%, since most people don't actually upgrade them.

Sandrazzley
Pet Score:1127
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Sandrazzley » November 13th, 2014, 10:42 pm

Saasan wrote:I like the idea of a seperate count for non-battle pets.
I'd rather see this than fudging the counts, sums and point system.

I have to admit that those balloons have always bugged me.

edit: At least they're not counted as commons :)

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 14th, 2014, 5:46 am

Breanni wrote:The only way we can address this on our site is to make all of these "noncombat" pets automatically counted as rare rather than uncommon (whether stones were used or not). It's either all users get bonus points or no one does -- there is no other way we can address this while waiting for Blizzard to fix it in the Armory.

If there's enough support for that idea, we will go ahead with it.
Please... either do THIS or do the other suggestion of having them counted separately! I don't really have a preference, it is just so frustrating to have all pets upgraded to rare... but those stupid no-battle pets drag my % down.

Edit: Yeah, after thinking this over, I do think that it would be best if the pets that can't battle were counted separately. I seriously doubt that we will ever get to have Legendary pets, so just changing that category to Non-battle pets and putting them there would probably be best.