Future pet battle achievement rewards

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Flawedhero
Pet Score:9304
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Future pet battle achievement rewards

Post by Flawedhero » November 10th, 2014, 3:01 am

Throughout WoW, one thing has remained consistent; you can only have one companion pet following you at a time. Now, as we get up closer and closer to 1,000 unique pets available in the game, it feels underwhelming to only be able to pick one at a time.

So, I propose two new achievement awards, one earned through PvE battles or collecting means and the other through PvP battles. These achievements would be fairly difficult to achieve and in doing so, you would unlock the ability to have one more companion pet following you at a time, up to a total of three. It'd be like your entire pet battle team following you around and since they would be difficult achievements, it would be a relatively rare and prestigious thing to have accomplished.

Here's a link to my post on the official forums, I'd love it if anyone reading this could go voice some support before I tweet the link to Jeremy Feasel in the near future. Also, if you have any thoughts on the idea, feel free to discuss them here. I'd love to hear what my fellow pet collectors/battlers think.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15140594441

Grumplestiltskin
Pet Score:3430
Realm:Tanaris-us

Re: Future pet battle achievement rewards

Post by Grumplestiltskin » November 10th, 2014, 1:19 pm

I really love this idea. My only qualm with it though is the pvp portion, as I can't really get into those at all. lol Just a personal issue of mine, so take it with a grain of salt.

Perhaps an alternative would be to just make both pve and pvp battle count towards said achievements, having one unlock at say 500 battles and another at 1,000, or something like that. That way, people who enjoy one or the other (or both) can eventually accomplish them by doing whatever they enjoy most.

Would really be quite cool to have your whole team skipping around behind you, so again, awesome idea and I hope something comes of it!

Flawedhero

Post by Flawedhero » November 10th, 2014, 3:19 pm

You know, I'm not a huge fan of the PvP aspect of battles either, it all seems to be even more Flavor of the Month than Arena PvP used to be in BC/Wrath. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to spread out the achievements but I don't see why a 2x PvE achievement couldn't work either.

If you wouldn't mind posting your first reply to the thread I linked to and giving a thumbs up on it, that'd be awesome. I'd like to break at least one page of positive comments and 10+ "Likes" before I send it over to Blizz. :D

Grumplestiltskin
Pet Score:3430
Realm:Tanaris-us

Post by Grumplestiltskin » November 10th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Done and done.

Good luck! :)

Flawedhero

Post by Flawedhero » November 11th, 2014, 4:59 am

Thanks, I appreciate it! And hopefully it'll happen for the benefit of all pet collectors :)

Now if even half of the 120 people who have read this could go there, post and like it, we'd have much better chances!