Petbattle teams addon

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu
Petbattle teams addon

Post by Lolfixheal » November 9th, 2014, 6:18 am

Hey

I've been using this addon with great success through out MoP and had saved teams for every tamer. I read that Blizzard has changed some coding or something so an empty petslot isnt going to work anymore for showing you where the carrypet would go :(

My actual issue is all my teams has been wiped clean :o after an addon update/patch update. I cant quite remember as I've been on break from leveling pets for like months. I wanted to know if this has happened to other users aswell and how to restore my teams, I cant remember what I used :S

Or alternatively another addon/method to show pets for each tamer. I've heard of rematch from a guildie but not actually looked into it, doesnt sound like an addon for me. Petbattle teams would not only save my teams, show where/when my carrypet got into fight, my petsetup/moveset but also show me my daily tamer route (top to bottom)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Petbattle teams addon

Post by Jerebear » November 9th, 2014, 10:26 am

There is a fan update for the PBT addon that might be able to fix your teams (depends on how old your PBT is at the moment). It's on wowinterface (might be on curse as well...haven't checked).

Alternately, Rematch is also available (most recent version on Wowinterface usually...but also on Curse). It handles carry pets a bit differently (levelling queue for example) and has a lot more options, so not as simple as PBT is. However, I like it better than PBT for the options. The empty slot thing will be there no matter what team addon you use. It's a WoW API call that was changed so everyone is affected. Rematch doesn't rely on the empty slot though (it relies on it's queue to manage the carry pet slot).

You can also try to have BOTH PBT and Rematch running and have Rematch try and rebuild the PBT teams (it can read PBT files) but that also depends on how old PBT is. If you want to try that, install both and have both running (yes even if one doesn't work, still have it running in game) and go to the Rematch options menu (look for gear button). There should be a button to import PBT teams (only there if PBT is installed and loaded). It won't put them back in PBT for you, but will at least let you see the teams so you can put them back in PBT. Again, not a 100% guaranteed solution.

EDIT: Fan update gone now that Nulberri is working on it again:
PBT: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pet-battle-teams
Rematch: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info22190-Rematch.html
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Lolfixheal

Post by Lolfixheal » November 9th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Thanks, seems smart with the queue system, defo something I want to check out. I only worry about lost potential XP this way but thats guesswork from my part.

I'll try to see if I can import the list, that would be a big help

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 9th, 2014, 8:06 pm

Lolfixheal wrote:Thanks, seems smart with the queue system, defo something I want to check out. I only worry about lost potential XP this way but thats guesswork from my part.
The queue does have a lot of options:
Ascending, Descending, Median (which is useful for not wasting EXP)

And you can turn on/off the option to auto arrange the queue after each battle, so you have pretty good control over the queue. You can even right click and move a pet up or down the list (even to the ends).

In general, I find most of the wasted EXP comes more from how people choose to level pets. People tend to want to use a tamer plus both pet treats for level 1 pets or level 24 pets, which is a waste really considering how pet EXP is calculated (level 10 and 11 pets get the most benefit out of buff foods, so the 50% foods should be used on those before any other levels).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Flawedhero
Pet Score:9304
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Flawedhero » November 10th, 2014, 2:54 am

I can vouch for Rematch. I've been using it for a few months and love it. The carry pet queue makes mindless pet leveling a little easier (and a little more mindless so I can watch Netflix more attentively while I do it).

Lolfixheal

Post by Lolfixheal » November 10th, 2014, 9:27 am

Personally I've used a system only sausage+hat only. 5x level 1 pets to 8/9 from 5 old satchel tamers, then 4 panda tamers afterwards. The pets land on 24,9 or 25,1 ish (cant remember exactly, its somewhere in another thread). With 11 panda tamers its almost 3 pets a day without the big buff from 0-25.

To know which pets were in queue, I used the favorite system and sorted after level, seems like they finally fixed the "remember my filters upon login/logout"

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » November 10th, 2014, 10:24 am

I had the same problems with PBT. All my teams were lost, and it stopped leaving blank spaces. Like several other users, I use blank rows to divide categories (i.e. a blank row between Cata tamers and Pandaria tamers).

But I've since gotten back all my teams, and the blank spaces are now working correctly.

To get your teams back, go into your Interface / Addons / PetBattle Teams / Reconstruct Teams.

If the reconstruct feature doesn't work, exit the game and come back and see if they're there. I used the reconstruct feature and it didn't reconstruct my teams. Then about two days later they all magically appeared.

To get your blank spaces back, check the box under Team Management "Ignore empty or invalid pets when setting teams." It seems though that if you lock a team, it will add pets to empty slots... so don't lock teams!

MOST IMPORTANTLY! I made a word processor spreadsheet and I have a written backup of all my teams, just in case all else fails.

I hope this helps.

Personally I haven't tried that other team dddon yet. I have it in my add-on list, but just haven't tried it. If PBT would only make TABS to the right of the primary tab, so we can create categories, then the add-on would be perfect, IMO.
Last edited by Abashera on November 10th, 2014, 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Finnelis
Pet Score:9316
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Finnelis » November 10th, 2014, 11:55 am

I did have the problems you mentionned with PDT and I'm afraid my solution was simply to recreate the teams from memory :/.

I might take a look at Rematch though, up to now, PDT seemed to fulfill most of my needs.

Lolfixheal

Post by Lolfixheal » November 11th, 2014, 9:44 am

Abashera, it worked! I got everything back as normal :o :D Thanks a bunch! You're quite right with locked teams it will carry over the pet from previous locked team into the empty slot. I only use the empty slot to see where my carrypet goes.

Heres how I've set it up:

I got my active team for w/e, PvP and then my daily Satchel+BoF route, going from top to bottom. Every empty slot (?) a carry pet marked as a favorite goes in until they reach either 24,9 or 25, then favorite gets removed. At bottom of list you cant see on picture is: Obalis, Antari, Payne, Trixxy and Lydia and then DMF x2. After them comes my CT teams (non carry 3x 25s) - im done with CT anyway. So at the end of my usual 1½ hour route I use fresh lvl1 pets for the old 5, that brings em to lvl8/9 as you see in my journal, so they are rdy for next day.

Tataluibob
Top Rater
Pet Score:11349
BattleTag®:Tataluibob#2775
Realm:Vashj-eu

Post by Tataluibob » November 11th, 2014, 11:10 am

Lolfixheal wrote:
Can you tell me what add-on you use to show you all the pet class (is unde the search bar) ?

Thank you

Lolfixheal

Post by Lolfixheal » November 11th, 2014, 3:45 pm

PetJournal QuickFilter

Leftclick and you only show that race in the journal, rightclick to show multiple. Very simply rather than dropdown menu from Blizzard. Been very happy with this addon.