Looking Toward Pilgrim's Bounty -

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us
Looking Toward Pilgrim's Bounty -

Post by Kel » November 4th, 2014, 3:01 pm

Ok, so I don't have a Turkey from Pilgrim's Bounty yet. So I started looking at the achieves since it's coming up soon. The one that stood out as "probably an issue" was [url=http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=3580]"Pilgrim's Peril"[/url]. How did you guys do this one?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: Looking Toward Pilgrim's Bounty -

Post by Graven » November 4th, 2014, 3:29 pm

The tables are outside the cities themselves. Did it a couple of years ago, I think, and don't really remember any trouble with guards etc.

Namaandra
Pet Score:2038
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Namaandra » November 4th, 2014, 3:30 pm

I wonder if they will be adding any achievements, I just checked and I am 9 for 9 as far as Pilgrim's Bounty goes.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 4th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Nervously and carefully! :P

But in all seriousness, it wasn't too bad to travel to the opposing side's Bountiful Table. They're usually located in areas that are (relatively) easy to access. I don't think you need to travel into the heart of the capital cities or anything.

If you can stealth or prowl, that helps a lot. Go in with all of your gear on, and then quickly switch to the Pilgrim's Bounty garb to sit at the table.

Visiting during off-peak hours when there's less chance of running into someone from the opposing faction might also be a good idea if your realm is high pop.

Good luck!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » November 4th, 2014, 3:33 pm

Namaandra wrote:I wonder if they will be adding any achievements, I just checked and I am 9 for 9 as far as Pilgrim's Bounty goes.
No new achieves, I don't think. They would be visible already.

There is a new pet tho - [pet]Bush Chicken[/pet]. Not sure how it'll be awarded, but hopefully it's something everyone can get, and not a rare drop.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » November 4th, 2014, 5:13 pm

The ironforge table was a pain for horde toons as there is/was a gaurd pat that would aggro on you often before you could sit at table. though at least the graveyard is nice and close :D

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » November 4th, 2014, 6:51 pm

I don't remember exactly where they all are off hand but they aren't bad to get to for the opposite faction. For example Thunderbluff is at the bottom of the lift so outside of the city proper. Undercity was up top in the courtyard as I recall and pretty easy to land and sit at the table.

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » November 4th, 2014, 10:16 pm

If you are on a server with a high population of the other faction you might consider finding someone to bring you to a server that is more heavily weighted in your favor. I remember the other faction being the most difficult thing about that more than the guards.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » November 7th, 2014, 3:45 am

I seem to remember that the night elf one was awkward for hordies. You have to go through the city to get to the other side, where the tables are. Maybe they changed something, but I don't think so.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » November 7th, 2014, 7:25 am

Waflob wrote:I seem to remember that the night elf one was awkward for hordies. You have to go through the city to get to the other side, where the tables are. Maybe they changed something, but I don't think so.
The biggest change - you can fly there now. Doesn't help you if you can't fly, though, then you still have to run through the floppy-eared fruitcakes treehouse. :twisted:

However if you mount up before you hit the teleporter I think you stay mounted on the other side, so you can rush through pretty quickly - just stay as far from the guards as you can. Since now they are probably level 100 they're likely to munch anyone who they manage to dismount. Going to make Ironforge pretty annoying, too, because of the patroller.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » November 9th, 2014, 2:58 am

For Alliance, the table in the little town close to Horde capital was a nightmare. Too many guards there. The place was just covered with corpses. Took me quite a while to get that one.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » November 10th, 2014, 9:37 am

Fortunately my mains are my Paladin and my Rogue. Rogue = Stealth > Vanish. Paladin = Bubble-Hearth. And I've had to use both of those for several holiday achievements.

For Horde, the Exodar and Ironforge will be the two that could give you trouble. Ironforge, because of the guard patrolling; Exodar, because you can't fly, so you'll have to scout it out to get in the right place without being spotted—I recommend going in with an Alliance toon to plot your course.

For Alliance, Undercity. As far as I know it's like the Wickerman quest, you get flagged for PVP the moment you enter the walls of UC. I mostly play Horde, but I still thinks it's a little unfair that Blizzard doesn't move holiday events outside the UC walls.

Darnassus will only be hard if you don't have flying. If you have flying you can land outside of the city (to the east) and get to the tables with no problem. If you don't have flying (which means you're low level), take off your armor and plan on a lot of corpse running. Even if you're stealthed the Wisps could spot you and give you away. On my Rogue I occasionally walk around Stormwind, but it's been a while since I stealthed through Darnassus, so I don't know the best rout to get through undetected. Try buying some Lesser Invisibility Potion if you don't have a stealth class.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » November 10th, 2014, 12:17 pm

For Horde, Exodar wasnt too bad if you have an alliance toon that you can scout things out..
IF.. well.. just go naked, because that guard is most likely gonna get you at least once.. (I think he got me twice :cry: )
Darn was annoying.. Once again though, if you have an alliance toon that can scout it out, you can run around the city and do pretty well. Darn is BIG with lots of room on the edges to go around..If you can fly, then it is pretty trivial..

Alliance... well.. lets be honest.. Blizz likes making it easy to gank Alliance, so UC is gonna be a bear.. once again.. go naked.. I think I hit it first thing in the morning and was only killed a few times.. Other than that, the other cities werent too bad..

This achievement is like the turkey killer one.. just go do it and have fun and its is pretty exciting.. If you in trying to get it done as soon as possible, then it can get frustrating..

Good luck! :D