Need advice - What's a GOOD Alliance server?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us
Need advice - What's a GOOD Alliance server?

Post by Melmo » October 28th, 2014, 4:55 am

My boyfriend and I have been on an oceanic server for the last four years and because the servers will now actually be based in Australia, our ping times will be... awful. It's a shame because the server I'm on has a decent active auction house, I got many of my pets there.

So my question is what are the best Alliance PvE servers that have a decent auction house and nice people? My boyfriend doesn't want Stormrage because there is often a long queue to get in and with his work schedule he can only play an hour or so a day.

I have a friend on Bronzebeard, the people there seem nice but the AH isn't that great :/

Moppet
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:jilliene#1512
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Re: Need advice - What's a GOOD Alliance server?

Post by Moppet » October 28th, 2014, 7:05 am

I used to play on Kel'thuzad alliance if you don't mind a PvP server (although with the population imbalance, it's rare you'll ever see horde). It has a pretty decent AH.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
You can use that website to check out realm activity. It only tracks people that raid though so might not be indicative of overall population, but it should give you a good estimate. You can sort it using any of the columns.
Oh but, that site doesn't track server mergers so you'll have to think about those too.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » October 28th, 2014, 8:56 am

Since they merged aggramar and Fizzcrank together the pets in the ah have been very wide range and at a good price.
At anytime almost very pet that is available to be sold is up on the ah.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » October 28th, 2014, 11:56 am

Having toons on several servers, both high and low population, the AH prices on busy ones like Stormrage and Area 52 are consistently much lower, especially for pets. I've seen days when the same pet on Undermine/Anvilmar is priced at two or three times the going Stormrage price.

And yes, even pre-WoD, at busy times there you see hour-long queues getting logged in to the busy ones.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » October 28th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Stormrage (PVE) has a high alliance population.

Area 52 (PVE) seems to be much more on the Horde side.

I don't really care for PVP so I haven't got a feel for any of those type servers.

As for AH that seems moot these days as long as it is high pop either side has access to the combined AH now.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » November 1st, 2014, 6:49 pm

Hi Melmo,

I have just taken a free transfer to Khaz, along with the rest of my guild. If you are looking to make any trades before you leave I have gold to burn. =)