Spectral Tiger cup / Spectral cup

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Séregon
Pet Score:2778
Realm:Quel'Thalas-eu
Spectral Tiger cup / Spectral cup

Post by Séregon » December 5th, 2012, 6:53 am

Hey,
I dunno if anyone have seen that under "pet" there are two spectral cub's?

- Does anyone know if it will come in the store?
and if it does
- Does anyone think it should be a different color than the Spectral Tiger cup ?

I think that many of you in here have been buying loot cards or the card itself on ebay and you must also be tired of all the new pets that looks like some of the old ones? hehe or is it just me :P

//

Emi
Top Rater
Pet Score:3222
Realm:Khadgar-us

Re: Spectral Tiger cup / Spectral cup

Post by Emi » December 5th, 2012, 7:31 am

I am actually very tired of all the pet store pets that look like hard to get/tcg pets. The hippogryph hatchling used to be one of my very fave pets along time ago because hardly anyone had one and it was always nice when people were like "oh howd you get that!" Then the pet store one came out, They could of at least made it a different skin colour. I do not have the spectral tiger cub, but im still very upset that the one from the pet store will look identical. One of the whole alluring things about the cub is that it is NOT easy to get, be it from actually finding a card, buying it or trading for it! I wish they would come up with different ideas than copying all the tcg pets.

Séregon
Pet Score:2778
Realm:Quel'Thalas-eu

Post by Séregon » December 5th, 2012, 7:54 am

Ya I got mad when the hippogryph hatchling came in the store, and in the same color. We have seen maybe mobs ingame, same model but in a different color - so' i guess it aint that hard to change the color - It's just called being lazy :P

ty for ur post :D

Licus
Pet Score:3550
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Licus » December 5th, 2012, 8:07 am

It's actually been confirmed by mumper (the guy who responds to pet battle issues on twitter) that the spectral cub that is from the blizzard store is mislabeled.

The pet was given away at the battle.net national championship that just happened in china a few weeks back. It will not be in the blizz store. I don't think it will be available on U.S. servers even.

Darkke
Top Rater
Pet Score:7826
Realm:Daggerspine-us

Post by Darkke » December 5th, 2012, 10:07 am

I understand the argument about exclusivity.

However, with the addition of pet battling, you almost need an option that has a similar moveset that's easier to get to prevent an unfair advantage. I suppose they could just make TCG pets all weak battle pets, but that isn't all that appealing either.

I suppose the best solution would be to release pets with a different skin (or even a recolor) to distinguish from TCG pets. Limits on development time and resources make it easier to understand why Blizzard might reuse models, even if it isn't what the playerbase wants.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 5th, 2012, 10:24 am

Emi wrote:I am actually very tired of all the pet store pets that look like hard to get/tcg pets. The hippogryph hatchling used to be one of my very fave pets along time ago because hardly anyone had one and it was always nice when people were like "oh howd you get that!" Then the pet store one came out, They could of at least made it a different skin colour. I do not have the spectral tiger cub, but im still very upset that the one from the pet store will look identical. One of the whole alluring things about the cub is that it is NOT easy to get, be it from actually finding a card, buying it or trading for it! I wish they would come up with different ideas than copying all the tcg pets.
Other people having the same pet as you, or a pet that looks the same, does not diminish how special the harder to get pet is. I will never understand people who are upset that other people have the same toys they do instead of being glad that more people can enjoy these rare things.
Image Image