So ... many ... clicks ...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us
So ... many ... clicks ...

Post by Hermy » October 10th, 2014, 1:34 pm

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I'm back in full levelling mode before xpac, so doing all of the dailies.

Is there any logic at all to having to click FIVE times to start a battle with a trainer?

First, you click on the trainer to open the quest.
Then, you click to accept the quest.
Then you click on the trainer again to open the dialogue.
Then you click to say you want to battle.
Then you have to click again ... just in case you've changed your mind?!

Granted, I'm having a crap week so I'm extra grumpy, but this seems ridiculous. IMO, once you've accepted the quest, the battle should start. Given that there's no forfeit penalty for trainers, what's wrong with just starting the battle after you've said (for the first time) that you want to? If you decide not to battle, forfeit. But all of those extra clicks seem like a massive, unnecessary PITA.

Or is it just me, because I'm doing it 20-30 times a day at the moment and going slightly bonkers?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: So ... many ... clicks ...

Post by Peanutty » October 10th, 2014, 1:41 pm

I agree, even though it's not a game breaker, it is a bit excessive to have to click so many times. Though I only have to click twice due to the Safari Hat addon (I think). I believe there's also other addons that do the same for quests in general (they auto accepting quests by clicking once on NPCs) but I haven't tried any of those out.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » October 10th, 2014, 2:23 pm

Yeah. One of my pet add-ons automatically accepts the quest for me and then starts the fight so I just need to click on them twice.

Echinacea
Pet Score:10214
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Echinacea » October 10th, 2014, 2:25 pm

i still havent memorized each trainer so i start a battle, see what pets he has then flee then start over with the appropriate teams.

so i guess my success rate is 50% since i flee once each time

Lakestone
Pet Score:5196
BattleTag®:Lakestone#2247
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu

Post by Lakestone » October 10th, 2014, 2:46 pm

As Peanutty mentioned, if you have the Safar hat add-on you only have to click twice :)

Here is the link to the add-on at Curse: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/auto-safari-hat

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » October 11th, 2014, 7:00 am

Auto-Safari hat addon rocks. You should try it. One click to accept the quest automatically. Another to start the battle (and it puts your hat on). A third to complete it and it takes you hat off. :D

Zimmy910
Pet Score:2066
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Zimmy910 » October 12th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Echinacea wrote:i still havent memorized each trainer so i start a battle, see what pets he has then flee then start over with the appropriate teams.

so i guess my success rate is 50% since i flee once each time
There is an addon that shows you what pets the trainer you'll be fighting has, so no need to flee every time :).

Search pettracker on Curse. (Sorry can't post links yet)
Morpheus, Zulbob, Zennadar and others on [EU]Aggramar
Pet Battles on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/zimmy910

Chaa1627
Pet Score:13602
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Chaa1627 » October 12th, 2014, 8:00 pm

Also do a search for PetBattleTeams on Curse. Took a while to setup teams for every trainer, but well worth the effort. Just click on the team for the trainer I'm flying towards, drop my leveling pet in the slot and battle away.

I've got every MoP trainer, celestial tourney, and some world leveling/capture teams setup, 30+ right now. Makes life much easier when leveling pets.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 12th, 2014, 9:48 pm

Chaa1627 wrote:Also do a search for PetBattleTeams on Curse. Took a while to setup teams for every trainer, but well worth the effort. Just click on the team for the trainer I'm flying towards, drop my leveling pet in the slot and battle away.

I've got every MoP trainer, celestial tourney, and some world leveling/capture teams setup, 30+ right now. Makes life much easier when leveling pets.
Rematch will load that team for you automatically when you select the tamer! Even less clicks.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Hermy » October 13th, 2014, 3:40 am

Big thanks for the Safari Hat add-on recommendation. I've just downloaded it & will give it a try. Anything to reduce those clicks! :lol: