Galthariel
MVP
Pet Score:13322
BattleTag®:Galthariel#1296
Realm:Uther-us
Battle Pet 3 Model UI?

Post by Galthariel » September 28th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Hello there,

I have a question in case someone knows the answer. In the Screenshot just after the Tip for Begginers article in this page http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/mop-be ... -overview/ it shows your current Team with each pet in 3D model. I also know that if one of your pet dies you just need to clicl in the other pet 3D model to bring him to the fight. Is that comes from an Addon? I'm looking for this for quite sometime and could find it anywhere.

Tks for any help.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Battle Pet 3 Model UI?

Post by Quintessence » September 28th, 2014, 12:49 pm

I'm not aware of any addon that shows your pets in "3D" during battle.

In the screenshot you mentioned, one pet just died so that's why the option to pick a new pet (the "3D model" UI) appears. There were no addons involved when this screenshot was taken.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 28th, 2014, 1:06 pm

As Quintessence said it's not an addon, but if you want to see it while in combat without having a pet dead, just click the 4th button "Switch Pet." You don't have to swap pets though, if you click "Switch Pet" again it will go away.

Galthariel
MVP

Post by Galthariel » September 28th, 2014, 11:01 pm

Ok. I got it that it only shows when the pet dies, although for me it opens a big window instead of giving the 3D model to switch the pet.

I've attached the screenshot of the window that opens when one of my pets dies. I already tried to disable all the pet battle addons to see if is one that is interfering but nothing changed
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_092614_221055_1_1.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092614_221055_1_1.jpg (51.92KiB)Viewed 3496 times

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » September 29th, 2014, 12:05 am

That is from an add on. Pet Journal Enhanced I think as odd as that sounds but definitely an add on.

Grizzly_uk
Top Rater
Pet Score:7856
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Grizzly_uk » September 29th, 2014, 6:56 am

Kpb321 wrote:That is from an add on. Pet Journal Enhanced I think as odd as that sounds but definitely an add on.
I use Pet Journal Enhanced and I've never seen that happen when a pet dies.

@ Galthariel
If it still happens after you tried disabling all pet battle addons then maybe you missed one? Maybe try disabling all your addons and then re-enable them in small groups, testing in between to see what happens. I use Battle Pet Count, Pet Battle Teams and Pet Journal Enhanced and none of those does that as far as I know, unless it's some option I don't use. Maybe check where you downloaded them from and look at the screenshots to see if you can identify it?

Only other option would be to wait and see if someone here knows exactly which addon does that.
Playing WoW since 2005!

Galthariel
MVP

Post by Galthariel » September 29th, 2014, 8:57 am

Found the culprit :-)

PetTracker is the one interfering. It has a dependency called PetTracker Switcher. Since I like that add-on is specially because of the Rivals Tab Journal he provides I've only disabled that dependency and it was fixed.

Thanks a lot for all the replies and for the help. Sorry for the trouble :-)

Galth

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » September 29th, 2014, 5:44 pm

I knew it was an add on and a non-obvious one I just got the wrong one. Personally I like the screen pet tracker shows so have had to enable it a few times on alts where it wasn't enabled I just didn't remember exactly which add on it was off hand. I think that might be one of the only, if not the only, thing I have enabled from pet tracker but that's the great thing about add ons. There are lots of options and you can pick what you like rather than being stuck with what ever the game designer picked.