New to Pet Battles and PvP

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Qtmcgoo
Realm:Skullcrusher-us
New to Pet Battles and PvP

Post by Qtmcgoo » December 4th, 2012, 2:42 am

So I really like the whole pet battle system takes me back to the Pokemon days. However I am having troubles putting a team together. So I was wondering if you could post your team and how the stagy works as well as why you use this team (For level new pets, PvP, looks etc) It's be a great help and would help me start my Battle Pet journey :D

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: New to Pet Battles and PvP

Post by Quintessence » December 4th, 2012, 2:54 am

For my first team, I chose Bananas (beast), Darkmoon Zeppelin (mechanical) and Brilliant Kaliri (flying). They're all rare and are strong against most of the lower level wild pets (critters, beasts, and aquatic pets are the most common opponents when starting Pet Battles). This team did quite well despite not having any special synergy. ^^;

Good luck on your Pet Battles adventure. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » December 4th, 2012, 7:50 am

If I were starting out right now, my first team would probably be Mr. Grubbs (beast), Moonkin Hatchling (humanoid), and Nether Ray Fry (flying).
Mingyao on Madoran

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Avarre » December 4th, 2012, 8:16 am

Mine was Magical Crawdad ,Celestial Dragon and Clockwork Gnome with Murkablo as backup. Worked pretty well as they wreck most of the wild pet types out there and most have heals.

Qtmcgoo
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Qtmcgoo » December 4th, 2012, 2:16 pm

GormanGhaste wrote:If I were starting out right now, my first team would probably be Mr. Grubbs (beast), Moonkin Hatchling (humanoid), and Nether Ray Fry (flying).
May I ask why you say this?

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » December 4th, 2012, 4:34 pm

Qtmcgoo wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:If I were starting out right now, my first team would probably be Mr. Grubbs (beast), Moonkin Hatchling (humanoid), and Nether Ray Fry (flying).
May I ask why you say this?
I like the combo of beast/human/flyer for fighting most wild pets. As to the specific pets, I just picked the ones I like, regardless of their abilities :) I don't think you need to min/max too much with your first team, as long as it's rare quality and not weak against the majority of your opponents. You'd need to ask someone else about PvP, I don't do that :)
Mingyao on Madoran

Rradoo
Pet Score:2952
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Rradoo » December 6th, 2012, 7:26 am

I started out with some random pets I thought were cool. But soon I wanted something good. I use mostly now Molten Hatchling, Tiny Sporeling and Oily Slimeling. The reason for this is they can be good vs many different types and they all have ways of healing. The hatchling doesnt do much dps unless vs critters but it is really tough to take down. This team only has trouble against very damaging teams. Iam looking into a pure nuke team atm, and a team that uses any of the pandaria dragon hatchlings with thunderstorm and clockwork gnome for big synergy