Some more equal than others?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Helebele
Pet Score:4412
Realm:Moonglade-eu
Some more equal than others?

Post by Helebele » September 8th, 2014, 9:14 am

Hello
I am sure this has been asked many times before but I have failed to find a thread so please do not flame me!
When looking at a realm leader board or the overall leader board I see many examples of people with equal number of pets, all at lvl25, all rare etc but some people have one point less, some one to five points more.

For instance I am placed at 62 with 601 unique, all rare and lvl25 where possible and a score of 584. Some one is below me on 583, many above on 585 and some as high as 588. I do not know why this is as all seems equal.
Sorry if it is blindingly obvious!

Hele

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Some more equal than others?

Post by Kpb321 » September 8th, 2014, 11:57 am

The scoring is spelled out at:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/help/#petscore

Comparing you to Wyrda at 52 shows that while you both have 601 Unique pets all level 25 Wyrda has 3 more rare's and 1 more level 25 pet which matches up exactly with the 4 more points they have than you.

Some quick checking on the collections bears out those statistics. Wyrda doesn't have the three alliance side pets for the Argent Squire and the guild herald and page. Wryda also has all 4 RAF pets while you seem to be missing the two pigs?

They seemed to have leveled the RAF pets but don't seem to have leveled the Dread Hatchling or treasure Gobblin but they don't show a level at all so might have been manually added. If they actually have both those pets and have leveled them they could get 2 more points by updating their profile and would have 3 more rares and 3 more level 25 pets than you.

You should be able to spot these types of differences easily using the compare feature to just show the "Only if in One Collection". That's what I did and compared you both to my collection.

Helebele
Pet Score:4412
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Helebele » September 8th, 2014, 1:16 pm

I understand a little better now. My total 'uniques' is less points worthy due to some being non-battle. I have the last two raf pets in the pipeline so I will get there.
Thank you for both replies, both very helpful and constructive.

Hele

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 8th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Also, your Jade Tiger is showing up as Uncommon instead of Rare. That'll bump you up a bit when you rarify it.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829