How do you have one already? Oh nvm you in EU

Florencia

Re: darkmoon hatchling

Post by Florencia » December 2nd, 2012, 4:28 am

Misstic wrote:
Kinski wrote:came as uncommon ...

anyone got a rare one?
How do you have one already? Oh nvm you in EU
Confirmed also come as uncommon only on US realms.

Diamondsoul
Pet Score:13082
BattleTag®:Beegkitty#1715
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Diamondsoul » December 2nd, 2012, 5:53 am

I have only seen uncommon on the US realm, Earthen Ring. Sadly.

But a secondary pet, Crow, appeared. It was in the pet journal, but was uncapturable.

Humbelle
Pet Score:4574
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Humbelle » December 2nd, 2012, 6:22 am

Diamondsoul wrote:I have only seen uncommon on the US realm, Earthen Ring. Sadly.

But a secondary pet, Crow, appeared. It was in the pet journal, but was uncapturable.
I had the same thing happen on Ysera. Only uncommon, and the crow was uncapturable. :-/

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » December 3rd, 2012, 2:35 pm

This question is about the Darkmoon *Hatchling*, according to the title. Not the Glowfly.

Like the other Darkmoon-purchased pets, it comes only in uncommon. You'll need a stone to upgrade it. I think there's only a few 'purchased pets' that come in a variety of types: the Red Cricket, the Sapphire Panther, and the Jade Owl.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 3rd, 2012, 2:37 pm

Kurasu wrote:Like the other Darkmoon-purchased pets, it comes only in uncommon.
All of my other Darkmoon vendor pets are rare. I even leveled the Darkmoon Zeppelin first because of its quality. I purchased and learned all of them prior to pet battles, so maybe that has something to do with it?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » December 3rd, 2012, 2:40 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Kurasu wrote:Like the other Darkmoon-purchased pets, it comes only in uncommon.
All of my other Darkmoon vendor pets are rare. I even leveled the Darkmoon Zeppelin first because of its quality. I purchased and learned all of them prior to pet battles, so maybe that has something to do with it?
Yeah. I was just remembering that my cub was rare, and did a quick search. That's my brain-stupid. :P

So in which case, I'm a bit more puzzled as to why the hatchling is uncommon, while all the others are rare. But most purchased things tend to be one 'rarity' rather than many. So it's possible that buying it could change it, but more likely it starts at uncommon, and still needs a stone to upgrade to rare.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » December 3rd, 2012, 10:37 pm

Mumper clarifies and states that the Darkmoon Hatchling should be rare. A fix for this coming soon. :D
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 4th, 2012, 1:38 am

The one I bought a bit ago was rare in the journal (with the 152 health, 10 attack, 13 speed - as its pet page suggests a rare would have). Something must have been changed all ready.

Worldgod
Pet Score:2237
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

Post by Worldgod » December 4th, 2012, 7:22 pm

Mine was a rare. Bought last night.

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » December 4th, 2012, 8:28 pm

Some extremely unwelcome news for those who purchased their hatchling early and got an Uncommon:
Mumper: @luckysevenz_z No, we have no way to change those. You can either rebuy or use a battle-stone.
Needless to say, I've put in a GM ticket. Spending another 90 tickets on something that was their mistake? I don't think so.

Chetok
Pet Score:2052
Realm:Lightning's Blade-us

Post by Chetok » December 4th, 2012, 9:15 pm

Adashiel wrote:Some extremely unwelcome news for those who purchased their hatchling early and got an Uncommon:
Mumper: @luckysevenz_z No, we have no way to change those. You can either rebuy or use a battle-stone.
Needless to say, I've put in a GM ticket. Spending another 90 tickets on something that was their mistake? I don't think so.
This is absolutely crazy... :shock:

Avarre
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Avarre » December 5th, 2012, 12:07 am

I sent in a ticket too, i bought 3 as i have wanted to give 1 to my friend and trade the other off. Feeling really pissed why they would do such a half witted fix.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » December 5th, 2012, 3:05 am

Adashiel wrote:Some extremely unwelcome news for those who purchased their hatchling early and got an Uncommon:
That's very disheartening news. :(

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » December 5th, 2012, 7:43 am

Hmm.. showing in my armory profile as a rare, but tbh I didn't check it there before.

If I check tonight and it's not rare then it'll be ticket time. Sod boosting or rebuying it because they messed up.

Arve,
re-alt.

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » December 5th, 2012, 7:56 am

Just something to keep in mind: the Armory profile reflects the quality of the item, not the pet itself. There are many cases where the qualities don't match. For example, the Magical Crawdad will appear in your Armory as a Common item because that's the quality of the item it is learned from. The Magical Crawdad battle pet itself as it appears in your Pet Journal, however, is always rated Rare. In the other direction, the new Imperial Moths that tailors can get come from Rare quality items, but as far as I can tell, the battle pets they create are always Uncommon. Again, the Armory reflects the Rare rating of the item, while the Pet journal tells the real story and rates it as Uncommon. It's confusing and I wish Blizzard would make it so the items and the pets themselves had the same quality, but that's currently how it works.

In the case of the Darkmoon Hatchling, the item you purchase is Rare. However, until they patched it, it was giving out Uncommon pets. To find out for sure which one you have, don't check the Armory. Instead, look in your Pet Journal.

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » December 5th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Well reminded. :)

Arve,
alt-centric.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 5th, 2012, 12:50 pm

As much as I hate having duplicate pets in my journal, I think I'm going to just keep my uncommon Hatchling. I had enough tickets first day to buy two and gave one to my husband, got my third set of 90 tickets finished this morning and bought a 'fixed' version for the rare quality. That said, there's something neat about keeping the bugged version because it'll be relatively rare in time.
Image Image

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » December 5th, 2012, 8:30 pm

I call BS on this and now I've had to go and lodge a ticket as well (I bought 2 on the first day). No one's going to want to buy Uncommon and certainly not for the price that they would have been worth!

I have spare tickets but it's certainly not the point. All they have done is taken the lazy way out. I'm kind of offended that for something that generates them so much money and game play, they continue to treat us like second class citizens.