Single pets, aka no secondary pets in battle

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu
Single pets, aka no secondary pets in battle

Post by Hellomynameis » December 3rd, 2012, 2:05 pm

In the name of doing pet battles fastest possible, where can I find high level pets that do not call for backup from his/her pet friends?

The reason I ask is because of the stone upgrades, and the fact that they have a chance to drop after a pet battle. The faster the battle, the faster you can obtain the stones. ;)
Last edited by Hellomynameis on December 3rd, 2012, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Re: Single pets, aka no secondary pets

Post by Linaomine » December 3rd, 2012, 2:06 pm

The only two I know of are the restless shadeling and the arcane eye. Both of which are found outside Karazhan. They are around like 15-18 I believe.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Single pets, aka no secondary pets in battle

Post by Zaelo » December 3rd, 2012, 2:15 pm

Yeah but one spawns at midnight and the other is brand new so lots of people coming over to get one too...
Do they really give the same XP as if you fought 3 pets though?

Hellomynameis, the fastest way to level is find 2-pet combos that are enough to beat each master trainer, and do the dailies, adding your pet you want to level as 3rd pet. Poofah said he got over 5k XP in a single fight that way. From what I understand though, to get that kind of numbers, you need to sacrifice your two 25s before the end of the battle so they don't suck up too much of the XP. I'm totally going to try this tonight while I go through all the tamer's dailies. I was still getting 1500-2800 XP per fight doing that without sacrificing my 25s though, so even without the sacrifices, it's still very profitable.

Another alternative that I found quick and successful, level a Fluxfire Feline to 25. Then go to any place that has lots of beasts (currently I fly around Kun-Lai and beat the lizards there), he kills any beast in two rounds, and any critter in 2 or 3 rounds. Makes fighting very quick, but nowhere near as effective as leveling pets while doing master trainers dailies.
Last edited by Zaelo on December 3rd, 2012, 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » December 3rd, 2012, 2:19 pm

Zaelo wrote:Yeah but one spawns at midnight and the other is brand new so lots of people coming over to get one too...

I don't think they mentioned anything about XP, they wanted to know what higher level pets have solo fights.
I did the same then when I was first starting pet battles on live because I knew I could take in my level 10-11's to get a level 16 from doing it on the beta.

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 3rd, 2012, 2:21 pm

Linaomine wrote:
Zaelo wrote:Yeah but one spawns at midnight and the other is brand new so lots of people coming over to get one too...

I don't think they mentioned anything about XP, they wanted to know what higher level pets have solo fights.
I did the same then when I was first starting pet battles on live because I knew I could take in my level 10-11's to get a level 16 from doing it on the beta.
Ooh I see. I can hardly see that as being a good method for leveling, given that these pets are so rare and all...

Hellomynameis

Post by Hellomynameis » December 3rd, 2012, 2:22 pm

Ahh, yes sorry. I will elaborate. Editing my first post to reflect it.

What I meant was the best possible way to get as many battles done as quicly as possible, because of the stone upgrade drops. :) Thanks for your answers thus far.

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 3rd, 2012, 2:30 pm

Ooooh, you want to farm battle stones? In that case...

Totally level a Fluxfire Feline to 25, and battle beasts.
Period.

Beasts are all over, easy to find, and this guy takes them down faster than they can jump into battle .. almost.
(Fighting lizards in Kun-Lai, the Feline usually only takes 6 rounds to take all 3 pets down.)

The only downside is that I think you'd only get Beast Stones or Flawless Stones. At least the Flawless would enable you to upgrade any pet, but if you want stones for a family in particular other than Beast, there might be better farming options.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » December 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm

There aren't any high level battle pets without adds (just the Shadeling and Arcane Eye previously mentioned lvl 17ish). So better to just get a good team and go to where a lot of battle pets spawn fast (if stones is what you're after).

Also, bring bandages ; )

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bistromath » December 4th, 2012, 12:13 pm

If you're looking to do a basic power leveling run, id suggest Vale of Eternal Blossom. Take a two Flyiers and the pet you want to level and just make life painful for all the little Aqua critters theres. Its a really good leveling spot if you arent tring to get Battle-Stone (you will get Aqua Battle-Stones).

Renmiri
Pet Score:2726
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Renmiri » December 4th, 2012, 11:04 pm

AQ (outside) has level 16 pets alone in battle. Usually about 10 are around. I imagine ZG would be the same way.

Hellomynameis

Post by Hellomynameis » December 5th, 2012, 6:26 am

Linaomine wrote:The only two I know of are the restless shadeling and the arcane eye. Both of which are found outside Karazhan. They are around like 15-18 I believe.
Thanks, I found the Arcane Eyes(magic) to be a fairly nice place to fly around.
Zaelo wrote:Another alternative that I found quick and successful, level a Fluxfire Feline to 25. Then go to any place that has lots of beasts (currently I fly around Kun-Lai and beat the lizards there), he kills any beast in two rounds, and any critter in 2 or 3 rounds. Makes fighting very quick
I'll give this a shot, since my Flux already hit lvl25, thanks :)
Gwenolyn wrote:better to just get a good team and go to where a lot of battle pets spawn fast (if stones is what you're after).
Yes this could possibly be the best way, since finding the pets can often be half the battle. Thanks for the idea :)
Renmiri wrote:AQ (outside) has level 16 pets alone in battle. Usually about 10 are around. I imagine ZG would be the same way.
Thanks alot, some of the lvl16-17 Sidewinders(beast) and Scarab hatchlings(critters) are solo. They are really spread out though, so perhaps not the best dropchance-per-hour grind.

Memnochlv
Pet Score:3533
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Post by Memnochlv » July 7th, 2013, 5:17 pm

I happened to find a pet on the ridge between Uldam and Ahn'Qiraj (non-instanced area) that was all by it's lonesome.. It was a while ago, I think maybe it was a horned lizard, but I can't recall anymore, but since he was alone I was able to take him down (with the help of the Arcane Eyes giving me higher level pets), then he and the eyes to pick up others, over time.

Basically it allowed me to start collecting crappy higher level pets for the sake of collecting / battling to collect and increase my max pet levels. After that I started refining my rarities and then collecting entire zones. Is it ideal? Not at all, but it seemed to work faster (despite all the losses, of which there were many) to help expand my collection quickly.

Does anyone else have any confirmed sitings of solo pets (no secondaries, all by their lonesome!)?