Share pet collecting news and advice.
Goldash
Pet Score:4825
BattleTag®:Insane#1813
Realm:Barthilas-us
Account Daily for BoP level 25 grant.

Post by Goldash » August 17th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Cross posting http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13839984422#1

I'd like to see an Account Daily that provides you with a BoP item to instantly level a ~BoP~ pet to 25 after you have 200 unique level 25 pets.

I find grinding the dailies boring to level pets and would rather spend less time on it and more time on other things. I figure once you have grinded(or even bought) 200 unique pets to(at) level 25, you really have put in a lot of effort and getting another 400 pets to 25 is boo. So my theory behind it is if you have put in the effort to get that far, getting provided a level 25 boost item from a account daily would still take you more than a year to get all the other pets to 25 using the daily.

Achieve: Have a pity stone and grind some more.
Requirements: 200 Unique Pets Level 25 Obtained.
Reward: Account Daily Quest - Provides a BoP stone to instant grant a BoP pet to 25.

Other Relevant Info:
606 US Obtainable pets at the moment.
After getting 200 Pets to/at Level 25, it will still take 400 odd days of this daily to grant all other pets to level 25.
~~Modified it to only be usable on BoP pets to avoid cross account exploiting.
Last edited by Goldash on August 18th, 2014, 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Huntingforfun
Top Rater
Pet Score:3126
BattleTag®:DrApocalypse#1132
Realm:Hyjal-us

Re: Account Daily for BoP level 25 grant.

Post by Huntingforfun » August 18th, 2014, 4:49 am

Why? Doing dailies alone I can get 3-5 pets from lvl 1 to 25 a day. I do agree some stone to max lvl should be available, maybe a rare drop from bag like upgrade stone or pet. Or reward from Celestial for 10 coins.

Hooter
Top Rater
Pet Score:2240
Realm:Zenedar-eu

Post by Hooter » August 18th, 2014, 10:59 am

How do you get 4-5 pets to 25 each day? I get a maximum of 3-4 with both pet treats and the hat.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » August 18th, 2014, 12:30 pm

I don't see any need for such a thing.

Also... if you don't enjoy the pet battles (whether dailies, pvp or wild) then why do you need to get all your pets to level 25?

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » August 18th, 2014, 2:01 pm

I guess it would depend on how many trainers you are including. I think most people stick to the trainers that give bags (the final trainers and the MoP Trainers) but you can still get good exp from all the cata and North Rend Trainers that don't give bags.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » August 18th, 2014, 2:20 pm

It is a grind to do EVERY battlemaster EVERY day. That's a rather large chunk of play time gone. I never really thought about it before when I logged in constantly. But now that I log in for an hour or 2 two a day, if that some days, it really is kind of a pain. Honestly, I gave up on doing every trainer a long time ago and only do the Panda ones :x
It is a decent idea though. Maybe a reward from some complex set of battles not unlike the Celestial Tournament. (10 tokens seems awful...10 weeks to get a stone doesn't seem worthwhile, in 10 weeks most players could already level quite a number of pets)
Also, he never said he didn't enjoy pets, collecting or battling he said he didn't enjoy the daily grind. Honestly, it feels like in order to level every pet to 25 you'd almost have to ONLY level pets. I can see his point but I also never had any intention of ever leveling ALL my pets to 25, just the ones I like or feel I need.

Goldash

Post by Goldash » August 18th, 2014, 4:45 pm

Theres times people talk about using pets in the end game and I think ya i'd like to try that but then i'd have to grind another pet to 25 and another and another. I'd rather just do an occasional daily to get a pet to 25 and then I can do something else. I've already got the 10,000 Daily Quests Achieve completed on my account and gotten almost every reputation to exalted. I am a completionist ("achieve whore" if you want to be a prick about it), but only have soo many hours in the day while working 9-5-Mon-Fri.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... chievement
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... eputation/

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » August 18th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Let's not forget that many wild pets start at a high level..thus less to do to get them to lvl 25.

My opinion may not be popular but I feel there are too many shortcuts in WoW. Instant 90s, instant maxed professions for your toons, triple experience with a ' following' toon..

The pet treats and Safari hat are earned ..this is good and help a ton in the long grind. I still level pets for upgrade stones though my full collection is done (just Clockem and Silver pig to go) ... It is boring but I level pets I can sell or that i want to use in pvp (breeds i havent tried)

Keep at it .. No more instant gifts or freebees needed ...there are lots of lvl 25 pets in AHs so support us old folks and buy them up 8-) 8-)

Goldash helps me make my point, I admire that kind of commitment and those achievements! They took a Titanic amount of time and effort so Grats !!! The same kind of lofty goals should exist in the pets game ... I'm at 1650 pet PvPwins ..I slowed it down a ton since last year to level the rest of my pets but i still enjoy it at a fun pace...do what you enjoy in the game is the key

Good luck to all ;) ;)

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » August 18th, 2014, 6:50 pm

I would have no problems if they implemented levelling stones as a random drop in pet tamer daily baggies, as long as they made them tradeable, unlike the current stones.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sibi » August 18th, 2014, 7:15 pm

In a way you can trade current stones. You just have to use them on pets that can be caged and returned. Unless using this imaginary stone made the pet bound to your account I don't see any reason you couldn't use them on someone else's caged pet.
Person A cages pet and trades it to person B>Person B learns pet, summons pet, uses stone, recages pet>Person B trades pet back to Person A.

Goldash

Post by Goldash » August 18th, 2014, 7:47 pm

to re-iterate im saying once you get----
Achieve: Have a pity stone and grind some more.
Requirements: 200 Unique Pets Level 25 Obtained.
Reward: Account Daily Quest - Provides a BoP stone to instant grant a BoP pet to 25.

Other Relevant Info:
606 US Obtainable pets at the moment.
After getting 200 Pets to/at Level 25, it will still take 400 odd days of this daily to grant all other pets to level 25.
~~Modified it to only be usable on BoP pets to avoid cross account exploiting.

Triara
Pet Score:2965
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Triara » August 19th, 2014, 4:33 am

They say they are going to reward stones that add 1 level, and that there will be more than one stone every day. If there's going to be like 10 per day, that'd be fairly close - to level a pet from 1, you'd do, say, 2 trainers, and then use the 1-level stones till 25.

Wilderness
Pet Score:3494
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Wilderness » August 19th, 2014, 2:07 pm

I get the reasoning behind this. Its a pretty daunting task to look ahead (I only have 517 pets total, only half of those are rare, and only 137 of those are lvl 25). Its caused me to slow down and not do the tamer runs daily just to take a break. Its only 40 mins to run through all the tamers for me, but between a job and 2 young kids it is hard to squeeze out a lot of playing time, so on many days that can take up a good portion of my free time.

But I don't think your suggestion is something they should do. We don't need all these pets at max level. Its really quick to level a pet, so if I really want to try something new for PVP or PVE it only takes a bit of time to get the one or two or three pets I need to 25. Even though I want to get every single pet of mine to 25, and to be rare, I don't need to do that for any reason by my own little OCD (and yours, and the same for many others who frequent these forums). Its going to take a long time, but that's ok, and the leveling stones that have been datamined will help.

The only thing I'd want them to add are more achievements for leveling x # of pets or even something for having X # of rare pets, because the people who have really dedicated themselves to this and who have large collections of max level rare pets should have a little something to show for it. A title for something like several hundred max-level pets would be cool, but even just a few more achievements would be nice.

Profane
Top Rater
Pet Score:4105
BattleTag®:profane#1515
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Profane » August 30th, 2014, 5:46 pm

I enjoy doing my dailies....I'd gladly level other peoples pets after I'm done with mine (at about 150 of my 530 to 25, average level is about 17). I enjoy actually PLAYING with the pets....idk maybe I'm weird.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 30th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Hatkins621 wrote:I enjoy doing my dailies....I'd gladly level other peoples pets after I'm done with mine (at about 150 of my 530 to 25, average level is about 17). I enjoy actually PLAYING with the pets....idk maybe I'm weird.

Me too!!
I leveled all my pew to 25 and I have 599 unique ones and have leveled many for selling and still do.
I like it be honest I might not be playing the game anymore if it wasn't for pets and I raid a good amount.
I find it fun and got a good sense of accomplishment from it.
Wouldn't want it cheapened by instant stones but they boost toons to 90 now so I guess anything could happen

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » August 31st, 2014, 4:38 am

I enjoy them well enough. There should be some choice in the award then. Maybe super rare pets or something, along with the insta-25.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » August 31st, 2014, 10:03 am

Triara wrote:They say they are going to reward stones that add 1 level, and that there will be more than one stone every day. If there's going to be like 10 per day, that'd be fairly close - to level a pet from 1, you'd do, say, 2 trainers, and then use the 1-level stones till 25.
This is currently true on beta. You can win them from the dailies. However, they are family specific and not BoA. I asked LeCraft about this since bag space is fun with +1 level stones for each family in your bags on top of all the others. He said he also had the same concerns and they are looking at it.

Edit: I like the idea, but I would prefer them be BoA and not family specific for bag space reasons. It's one thing if the number of pets didn't change for WoD to say that level up stones aren't needed, but at some point with new pets added during each expansion it does get a bit unwieldly. I don't think a complete level up from one stone is the right answer though. I like the idea of the +1 level stones. They require at least some work of doing the dailies and they are only one level.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829