Battlestones on non battle pets

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Rhum
MVP
Pet Score:11392
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu
Battlestones on non battle pets

Post by Rhum » May 25th, 2014, 9:48 pm

Having got my collection of battle-pets all rare at last, I moved on to the 7 or so non-battling pets.

Humanoid battle-stone worked just fine on my Argent Gruntling, and adds to my score here (I assume the argent squire will too when I get my next stone).
Flying battle-stone worked in game on chi-ji kite and yu-lon kite, both now blue in the journal, and when summoned, but not in the armory, which also means not here in wcpets of course.
Flying battle-stone didnt work at all on Horde Balloon, or Sky lantern (maybe they need marked flawless, or flawless)?

I browsed some of the top 5 collections, and see its not just me, they all have 98.5% rares, and 7 uncommon showing.
I doubt those collectors would go all that way and just leave those 7 uncommon, so this must be an armory issue.

Could the warcraftpets scoring be fixed to ignore the non-battle pets from the rares count, but leave them in the total pets collected count.

Thanks;)

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Re: Battlestones on non battle pets

Post by Voskres » May 27th, 2014, 5:49 pm

I was under the understanding that the armory does not recognise them as rare since they don't have a category and are just 'non-battle pets.'

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » May 27th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Rhum wrote:Could the warcraftpets scoring be fixed to ignore the non-battle pets from the rares count, but leave them in the total pets collected count.
Unfortunately, it's not quite as simple as that. If it was, we would've done it already because this has been a bug for almost two years now. ;-) But we will continue to look into it.

Rhum
MVP

Post by Rhum » May 27th, 2014, 9:28 pm

well I have everything blue in my petjournal now , except that pesky sky lantern, so Ill settle for that.

Thanks;)

Doraan75
Pet Score:5697
Realm:Terokkar-us

Post by Doraan75 » July 17th, 2014, 8:07 am

Breani,

Is it possible to add a way for us to manually change the quality of the balloons and kites from uncommon to rare? I've stoned my balloons also (working on the kites next) but, as you already know, the site can't detect that...

Thanks for all your work - I love this place!

--Rakee

Dakkarblack
Pet Score:10968
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dakkarblack » July 29th, 2014, 12:51 am

I came to the forums looking for exactly this issue. It's good to know I'm not the only one suffering from this. Those last few remaining 'Uncommon' pets drives me nuts. lol.

Personally, instead of using Family type stones (Aquatic, Beast, etc) I just save 3 (or more) from each family type and trade them in for the Marked Battle-stones from the Pet Trainer in SW. It takes 3 of each family to get one, as I like to call it, Wildcard Battle-stone. To be quite honest, it just gives me another reason to do the dailies. :)

I like the idea that someone posted allowing us to manually change the quality of those pets.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » August 16th, 2014, 12:13 pm

Doraan75 wrote:Breani,

Is it possible to add a way for us to manually change the quality of the balloons and kites from uncommon to rare? I've stoned my balloons also (working on the kites next) but, as you already know, the site can't detect that...

Thanks for all your work - I love this place!

--Rakee
So far, the best option we have is toggle ALL noncombat pets as being automatically counted as a rare (regardless of whether a user has actually updated them with a pet battle stone). Right now, they are always set to uncommon. We've been reluctant to try this, though, anticipating dismay from those who've legitimately upgraded those pets.

What do you guys think? Rares for all or continue with uncommons for all?

Rhum
MVP

Post by Rhum » August 28th, 2014, 11:36 am

I would now say leave it as it is, I have got used to 98.5% being the new 100%