Safari Hat?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Safari Hat?

Post by Index » November 29th, 2012, 4:40 am

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but where on earth do I get the hat from? I completed all the tamer quests pre 5.1 and spent some time hunting round the various tamers (including Aki) and can't seem to locate it.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks!

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Re: Safari Hat?

Post by Misstic » November 29th, 2012, 5:08 am

It is mailed to you. I actually got mine in the mailbox tonight!

Saa
Pet Score:2681
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Saa » November 29th, 2012, 5:16 am

I'd completed the trainers pre 5.1 too. Parked a few alts on a few servers at the spawn points (incidentally managed to bag 3x rare books in hillsbrad and 3 x rare eyes outside kara in one sitting today).

Relogged main and flew to Auchenei crypts to get last piece of transmog gear and *bazinga*, a whole bunch of FoS popped as well as the hat in the mail as soon as I went through the portal.

Happy days

Saa

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » November 29th, 2012, 12:37 pm

I have the achievement but no hat has been mailed to me. Weird. And it sucks that dailies are bugged again. I managed to complete quests only from tamer of Eastern Kingdoms and tamer Nishi.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 29th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Also got my hat in the mail.... on zoning into Naxx last night.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 29th, 2012, 4:08 pm

I got 3 achievements and 2 mails when entering Stormstout Brewery dungeon in Valley of the Four Winds today. This hat was one of those mails.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 29th, 2012, 5:39 pm

The hotfix for the hats should be released soon, so if you haven't gotten one yet, sit tight. Hopefully the hotfix will fix everything. :)

Sidenote: Don't be alarmed if you get one on all of your toons. According to Mumper, that's how it's supposed to work.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » November 30th, 2012, 4:25 am

Yep, ran into MC to hunt pets, and OHMYGODTHEYELLOWTEXTTOASTSOFDOOM!!

My guildies have reported me for spam!! :D Got my hat... and oddly enough the bear pet for killing the enemy faction leaders. How puzzling :?:

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » November 30th, 2012, 5:59 am

Yeah my hat appeared when I logged in to an alt to do MC later on last night, along with the Hero of Shattrath achievement. They must've put the hotfix in during the evening, cos I'd already done MC at least twice before that.

It's weird tho that it only seems to happen when you zone into an instance. After I got my hat on my druid I logged into another character in Org, but no hat.

Arve,
alt-ernate.

p.s. 2 x Core and 1 x Harbinger. :D

Rosetta
Pet Score:7172
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Rosetta » December 1st, 2012, 1:36 am

I have recieved the hat on 6 of my Characters, glad I have so many so I dont need to send the hat around the alts while camping rare spawns.

Pheratia

Post by Pheratia » December 1st, 2012, 2:56 am

anyone have a custom outfitter automation script for auto equipping this hat when a pet battle starts and removing it sometime after the xp goes out to the pets? or a suggestion for some other addon that can do this?

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » December 1st, 2012, 4:11 am

Pheratia wrote:anyone have a custom outfitter automation script for auto equipping this hat when a pet battle starts and removing it sometime after the xp goes out to the pets? or a suggestion for some other addon that can do this?
I don't know about automating, but I just made a set in ItemRack and key bound it for easy switching.
Image Image

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » December 1st, 2012, 12:28 pm

Today's hotfixes did not fix the Safari Hat. Those of us who didn't get it a few days ago, still don't have it.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356

Post by Misstic » December 1st, 2012, 3:37 pm

Has anyone gotten the hat on ALL their toons? I had gotten 1 hat on 1 toon 2 days ago, I took it out of the mail and sent it to another toon. According to Mumper all toons should get one, so is this not fixed yet or did I mess it up since I took it out of the mailbox and mailed it to an alt? Thanks!

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » December 1st, 2012, 3:39 pm

They just got back to me
Hey there Taiboku~

I am Synsarria, Assassin Game Master. It will be a pleasure to address your concerns.

I'm truly sorry for any trouble this issue has caused you thusfar. I totally understand how frustrating it is when things won't cooperate when you just want to play! You're not asking for much right? Just smooth sailing. We totally agree! With that said, I want to thank you for being so cool about this and hanging in there with us.

The thing about this issue is that it's been affecting other players across the board-- you're definitely not alone. So with bugs like this that are on our end, what we need to do is figure out one big fix that will smooth the issue once and for all. This can take some time, I'm afraid.

The process all starts with reports like yours though, so we can't thank you enough for taking the time to let us know that you've encountered this as well. What I'm going to do is send a report to our Quality Assurance guys on your behalf, which will then go right up the chain to our developers so that they can plan a fix.

Because we can't give an estimated time as to when the developers can fix an issue like this, I recommend keeping an eye on the forums where any and all updates regarding the issue will be posted. You can find them here: <<http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/>>
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Sripsh
Pet Score:2322
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Sripsh » December 2nd, 2012, 12:04 am

When going over this situation, it appears that you should be able to enter a raid and it might work as theres been several reports of that fixing it for players. Make sure you login to the character that you wanted it on. ^_^
That's the GM response I got after a 3 day ticket. I wanted to throttle him for not just mailing me the hat as I had been entering raids all week and it didn't fix the issue. So I responded telling them entering a raid didn't work and another GM opened a message box with me about 5 minutes later and just mailed me the hat.

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » December 2nd, 2012, 12:40 am

Wait a gm can send you the hat grrrrr
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » December 2nd, 2012, 12:55 am

I just received an automated response that they know of the problem and would send my information on to the developers. No offer to send me a hat, though I did ask if it's possible for my main to get it until the issue is fixed.

Constants
Pet Score:4561
Realm:Akama-us

Post by Constants » December 2nd, 2012, 11:25 pm

A GM said today you must do all the battles on a single toon to receive the hat. Can anyone confirm this as false? I have them done over two or three toons and no hats.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 2nd, 2012, 11:51 pm

Constants wrote:A GM said today you must do all the battles on a single toon to receive the hat. Can anyone confirm this as false? I have them done over two or three toons and no hats.
That seems absurd considering the achievement is account-wide. I think they're just giving you the run-around. =\

The hotfix for the Safari Hat will hopefully go into full effect on Tuesday after server maintenance. According to Mumper, all toons on an eligible account should receive one in the mail.

I've only received one hat on an alt (that didn't battle ANY Tamers except for 1), so this leads me to believe that the hotfix either didn't work, or will require a complete server maintenance and not just a restart.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com