weirdest thing I've seen in awhile

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us
weirdest thing I've seen in awhile

Post by Skavenged » July 14th, 2014, 8:05 am

Had a really close fight last night. It came down to my DAH with 600 health vs a valk with 24 health and poisoned. Since I had blinding poison available, I naturally assumed I had it in the bag... WRONG!!

I cast blinding poison, which hits. Valk then hits me even though he's blinded, with no other buffs or debuffs. End of round, poison ticks and valk dies. Again, I naturally assume the first hit was a fluke, and I've still got this, but NOPE!! I hit valk for 14 damage, and the blinded valk then hits me again and kills me. Valk dies, and we end up with a draw.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Re: weirdest thing I've seen in awhile

Post by Drudatz » July 15th, 2014, 3:06 pm

yep, happens a "lot" blinding poison ONLY reduces hitchance but doesn exclude you from being hit...

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » July 17th, 2014, 8:02 am

Yes, but that usually involves other buffs or debuffs. In this case, there were no other buffs. The Valk was using a base toHit of 85% minus 100% due to blinding poison. Valk should have had -15% toHit

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 17th, 2014, 9:24 am

Its speculated that it actually turns into 15% chance to hit due to wonky debuff mechanics.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » July 19th, 2014, 4:20 pm

Luciandk wrote:Its speculated that it actually turns into 15% chance to hit due to wonky debuff mechanics.
yep cant tell you how "often" ive seen my dah get hit by -30% sandstorms so i bet your right and -x% turns, as there cant be a negative hit, into +x%