BETA PEOPLE~

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
BETA PEOPLE~

Post by Kendrah » July 2nd, 2014, 9:56 am

You have a distinct responsibility to report here about your beta findings in regards to Pet Battles in this new expac. :lol:

Certainly, they'll be official updates on the website but it would be nice if there was a thread that ya'll in the beta would post about personal experiences. I, and I'm sure others, would love to live vicariously through you. :lol: So, new pets, old pets, have you caught anything, do the models look different, etc. etc. and more etc.

It's just a suggestion. Sorry if this demand is out of place, my lovely mods. :D

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: BETA PEOPLE~

Post by Quintessence » July 2nd, 2014, 1:53 pm

So far there isn't much to report on that hasn't gone up on the front page. I don't think the new stuff in Pet Battles is really ready for testing on the beta yet. Wild pets in Draenor haven't been implemented yet, the Garrison building for pets/pet battles isn't finished, it's still unknown where a lot of the new pets will come from, heck even the Pet Journal is somewhat incomplete when it comes to the new pets, new achievements not yet in game, etc. Hopefully all that stuff and more will be ready for previewing soon.

What can probably be tested is the impact of the accuracy changes. Someone with experience in pet theorycrafting and stuff would be better qualified to test that though (ie: not me :P).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakender
MVP
Pet Score:9654
BattleTag®:Dakender#1566
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Dakender » July 2nd, 2014, 8:33 pm

Still hard to tell what will make the cut and what won't, seems they add or remove pets on each build. And only found 2 pets to tame in the wild, the Sea Gull and Forest Spiderling which are nothing new.

Profession Wise I like some of them for sure.

Iron Starlette: Engineering
Lifelike Mechanical Frostboar: Engineering
Lil' Leftovers: Cooking
Mechanical Toucan: Engineering
Sea Calf: Fishing

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 2nd, 2014, 8:45 pm

New pets (as of July 2, 2014) (full list of [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/unlisted/]WoD datamined pets here[/url]):
  • Elekk Calf: Quest reward ("Awesome Quest")
  • Meadowstomper Calfling: Unknown (BoP)
  • Moonshell Crab: Wild (Shadowmoon Valley, Draenor)
  • Ravager Spawnling: Unknown Draenor drop (BoP)
  • Sea Calf: Fishing (BoP)
There's an actual recipe to teach tailors how to craft the Elekk Plushie (no idea where the recipe will come from), so it might not be taught by the trainer.

Two new tailoring recipes: Creeping Carpet and Miniature Flying Carpet, but their tooltips are still incomplete and their recipes are listed as NYI. Not sure if these will be pets or not.

Not much else has changed that I can see.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » July 3rd, 2014, 11:29 am

Quintessence wrote:What can probably be tested is the impact of the accuracy changes.
These changes should have very predictable effects. All of the low-accuracy spammable attacks got a nerf (for example Crush was 28 dmg 80% accuracy, or 22.4 dmg per turn; now it's back down to 20 per turn on average). But most of the abilities that randomly had 90% or 95% accuracy now have 100% accuracy, with no nerf to damage (Tail Sweep/Alpha/Sweep/Death Grip/Ghostly Bite/Deep Freeze/Moth Dust/Feed). The various 80% accuracy abilities with cooldowns (Lift-Off/Burrow) all seem to have gotten a slight damage buff when they moved to 100% accuracy.

You can see all the new numbers here:

http://beta.wowdb.com/pet-abilities?page=1

The low-accuracy abilities with 'always hits' clauses are unchanged (Spirit Claws, Blood in the Water, Nocturnal Strike), and so they still get a buff from their associated set-up moves. But obviously Lucky Dance/Rain Dance are much worse now, since very few abilities gain any benefit from the +hit buff (aside from Cyclone, which is unchanged).

In terms of total damage output, the accuracy change should have a very small effect -- overall damage should go down, but only by a very small amount. The main effect should be to reduce the amount of variation that we can experience (ie you can't miss 3 times in a row with a 95% ability any more; instead you'd roll low on the damage range 3 times in a row, which is much less catastrophic).

AFAIK Darkness/Sandstorm are unchanged, and so are the various -25% hit debuffs. So we will still have accuracy-based randomness, just not as much.

As an aside, there are currently no changes to Haunt or Blinding Poison.

Thereynn
Pet Score:6982
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Thereynn » July 3rd, 2014, 5:17 pm

Quintessence wrote: New pets (as of July 2, 2014)

[*]Moonshell Crab: Wild (Shadowmoon Valley, Draenor)
Was able to capture one of these today (they hang out on the beach near Elodor in SMV)

Abilities:
Arcane Slash / Water Jet
Shell Shield/ Amplify Magic
Renewing Mists/ Moon Tears

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » July 4th, 2014, 5:25 am

Poofah wrote:You can see all the new numbers here:

http://beta.wowdb.com/pet-abilities?page=1
Oh, [ability]Nether Gate[/ability] and [ability]Death Grip[/ability] are back at 100%, that's a very welcome change. I hope I will find another use for my beloved [pet]Giant Bone Spider[/pet].
Poofah wrote:As an aside, there are currently no changes to Haunt or Blinding Poison.
But [ability]Puncture Wound[/ability] got a longer cooldown.

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » July 4th, 2014, 11:03 am

Have have only found two battle-able pets, the Gull behind garrison and one other run-of-the-mill pet, I forget who it was. Both are alone with no battle-buddies.

In Frostwall area and not seen any new wild pets to catch yet.

I have seen Frostwall Rat and Cave Crab and Tundra Hare but just as critters.

I keep my eye out of new critters but have found none of them to be cageable yet. I went around garrison killing all critters in hope of a spawn and got nothing.

I have not been able to go to any other regions yet. How did you get to SMV?

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » July 4th, 2014, 11:32 am

Voskres wrote:
I have not been able to go to any other regions yet. How did you get to SMV?

SMV is for Alliance only. That is where the new moon crab is tameable.

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » July 4th, 2014, 12:58 pm

One good thing about beta testing.... you can have a good hunting bag fully stocked ;)

[url=http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Dakender/media/Games%20People%20Play/World%20Of%20Warcraft/WoW%20-%20WoD%20-%20Beta/Pet_Hunting_Bag.jpg.html]Image[/url]

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13317
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » July 4th, 2014, 2:35 pm

I have a Beta key :) So as I see things I will take pics and post them. Or you can add my Btag however....Again not MUCH has been added as stated as above, which is actually a GOOD thing because I really need to focus on leveling up :)

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » July 4th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Beana wrote:I have a Beta key :) So as I see things I will take pics and post them. Or you can add my Btag however....Again not MUCH has been added as stated as above, which is actually a GOOD thing because I really need to focus on leveling up :)

2 Thumbs Up :) hehehe, I added you and here is the info for WCP guilds on beta.

WoD Beta Warcraft Pets Guild Information:

Working on getting them back up... :)

Horde Guild Name: Warcraft Pets
Contact Toon: Datundra
Invite: Any member can invite to guild.
Guild is formed and up and running..... (6 Bank Tabs)

Alliance Guild Name: Allies of Warcraft Pets
Contact Toon: Dakender
Invite: Any member can invite to guild.
Guild is formed and up and running..... (6 Bank Tabs)

Or you can find me by battle net id Dakender#1566 or dakender@gmail.com
Last edited by Dakender on August 10th, 2014, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » July 4th, 2014, 6:05 pm

iirc the last time we saw the leveling stone, it was only 1 level, and now it's 25 (and unique). That's a really interesting change.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 4th, 2014, 6:36 pm

Poofah wrote:iirc the last time we saw the leveling stone, it was only 1 level, and now it's 25 (and unique). That's a really interesting change.
There are currently two different leveling stones:
Training Battle-Stone of Testing / Training Battle-Stone of Testing
and
Mythical Battle-Pet Stone

My guess is the instant level 25 stone is just for testing and the other one will probably make it into WoD in some form or another. Just my impression, and it could be the other way around (which would be pretty neat).

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » July 5th, 2014, 2:04 am

I hope I get a key soon! :(

On a positive note, I am sure the members here will give everyone all the information needed so we can start capturing again from day one of live!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Pettea
Pet Score:2181
Realm:Ahn'Qiraj-eu

Post by Pettea » July 5th, 2014, 3:46 am

Has the pet journal limit (currently 1000) been increased in WoD? This limit has been quite a pain to me (I guess I never experienced the much more stringent limit from before, fortunately).

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 5th, 2014, 3:54 am

Hrm, with the changed hit rules. It makes [ability]Laser[/ability] a lot worser.

I spotted 3 new interesting looking abilities in the list.
http://beta.wowdb.com/pet-abilities/1057-birth-evil
Birth Evil

Spawns a globule that attacks the enemy team's front pet, dealing 9 Elemental damage each round.

Each minion lasts 4 rounds.

A new turret move! But being elemental it looses a good bit of punch from not being able to benefit fully from [ability]Call Lightning[/ability] as its not a mechanical move. EDIT: Or what. Unlike [ability]Build Turret[/ability], Birth Evil have no cd at all.

http://beta.wowdb.com/pet-abilities/1229-blessing-of-the-raven
Blessing of the Raven

3 Turn Cooldown

Blesses your team with the raven's spirit, increasing damage they do by DATA ERROR% for DATA ERROR |4round:rounds;.

While blessed, type is transformed into Flying.

I am curious if the transformed pets also gains the flying speed bonus.

http://beta.wowdb.com/pet-abilities/1000-call-of-celestials
Call of Celestials

8 Turn Cooldown

Go ethereal, becoming unattackable for 2 rounds. During this time, the other Celestials attack the opponent, dealing 5 Elemental damage each round.

Something tells me that will be seeing new celestials, celestials belonging to Draenor. If you look at it, it appears to look like a crow or raven.

Dakender
MVP

Post by Dakender » July 5th, 2014, 9:02 am

Pettea wrote:Has the pet journal limit (currently 1000) been increased in WoD? This limit has been quite a pain to me (I guess I never experienced the much more stringent limit from before, fortunately).
Very Good Question :)

Answer is NO, the pet limit at this point is still 1000 with 3 of the same pet. Haven't heard anything about that changing.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » July 5th, 2014, 9:31 am

Luciandk wrote:I spotted 3 new interesting looking abilities in the list.
Birth Evil and Call of the Celestials were added in 5.4, but never had any pets associated with them. I wouldn't expect any WoD pets to use these, they seem very MoP-flavored.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 5th, 2014, 10:38 am

Poofah wrote:
Luciandk wrote:I spotted 3 new interesting looking abilities in the list.
Birth Evil and Call of the Celestials were added in 5.4, but never had any pets associated with them. I wouldn't expect any WoD pets to use these, they seem very MoP-flavored.
I see, a shame. Guess there is a good bit of unused abilities.