Selling for $$

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us
Selling for $$

Post by Azrile » June 19th, 2014, 11:56 pm

It has gotten really weird with the rules where players can give you pets in exchange for upgrades on this site ¨MVP status´ etc. And the whole idea of gifting Blizzstore pets in exchange for other pets.. Have we gotten to the stage where we can just trade for a paypal transfer and Blizz will look the other way. I mean, that isn´t much difference than cashshop purchases

In any event, I am leaving WOW for good after 7+ years. Nothing in WoD excites me at all, and it is just time to leave. WOW is a great game, not going to bash it, but it is just time.

My pet collection is pretty huge and I think I have everything except the dragon kite and visceral ooze and a bunch of collectible pets. So i figured I would try to liquidate what I can, if I can.

Sibi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10062
BattleTag®:sibylline#1481
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Re: Selling for $$

Post by Sibi » June 20th, 2014, 12:11 am

Blizzard doesn't police these forums, mods do. We're expected to follow the guidelines they've set up. Paypal transactions for pets are not permitted on this site. The MVP thing might be pushing the envelope a bit but if something went wrong (pay reversed or what not) they could ban the "scammer" although that would still leave the "innocent party" out of luck where the pets traded are concerned.
The best you'd get is pets for bnet balance cards or in game gold.

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Angelwings626 » June 20th, 2014, 2:09 am

MVP Status, would be me. So I take that directly as an insult. Thus far I am the only one who has done it and has given the idea to people here to help out the website that helped out so many of us with our love for in game pets, mounts and Blizzard goodies all together.

They have provided so many people here with game advice, information about upcoming events: such as seasonal pets and availability, and serve somewhat as a hub for several servers to come together for the love of pets. All of this is volunteered by the site.

You may be ignorant of it, but running a site does require a lot of work as far as maintenance, moderation, graphics creation, content, and it does cost some money for even just the upkeep.

My move to ask for MVP status is my way of showing thanks for all that they done. I can't provide the direct awesomeness they do, but I can if I can help in at least this way, and hopefully inspire others here to do so, I think that would be nice.

I find your post awful and a directed insult to me.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 20th, 2014, 3:42 am

We've determined that trades involving donating to WarcraftPets to upgrade a user's status to MVP falls under the real world money for pets transaction, and is therefore not allowed. It does not involve any in-game trade of any sort and is easily exploitable.

It's a generous gesture and the thought is appreciated though!

Edit: And just to make sure it's clear -- as Sibi mentioned, trades involving PayPal transactions are not allowed.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Angelwings626 » June 20th, 2014, 3:54 am

Quintessence wrote:We've determined that trades involving donating to WarcraftPets to upgrade a user's status to MVP falls under the real world money for pets transaction, and is therefore not allowed. It does not involve any in-game trade of any sort and is easily exploitable.

It's a generous gesture and the thought is appreciated though!
Well that's sad to hear but that would make sense. I doubt the site would promote anything like that. But as a user who would do like to do something nice for the site that is fine.

After seeing AZRILE straight up ask for cash, that was an unforeseen effect of asking to do so.

I do disagree that any in-game trade did not happen. Indeed it has and I have been steadily working on my end of the bargain and leveling like crazy. 40 pets, =) and it's taking me about a week. Granted I could ask for other things, but there is no need on this end, AND i like the person I am leveling for.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 20th, 2014, 5:57 am

As a general reminder, treat all trades with caution and keep in mind the risks involved. Especially trades involving gifting digital codes/pets/game time.

Trades are not moderated by us and there is no 'blacklist', although moderators will remove threads and posts that do not adhere to our guidelines. If you see a questionable trade please bring it to our attention by reporting it. Thanks!

This thread will be locked as it is more of a discussion rather than a trade. Azrile, feel free to create another post if you are still interested in trading pets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com