Addon for helping Prune collection of multiples?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Loganisis
Pet Score:9624
Realm:Whisperwind-us
Addon for helping Prune collection of multiples?

Post by Loganisis » June 13th, 2014, 10:16 am

Is there an addon that recommends which pets to keep and which to release for wild-capture only pets?

I... went a little crazy, try to get 3 of each and would like to prune the glut of greens, but rather than just pruning away, it'd be great if there was an addon that let me mouse over and suggested if the pet would be good at level 25 (when I eventually get them there) or weaker for it's type.

Is there something like this? I started doing this willy-nilly and I'd like to stay away from that approach now. :p

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: Addon for helping Prune collection of multiples?

Post by Kel » June 13th, 2014, 10:21 am

I don't think there is.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 13th, 2014, 2:07 pm

Loganisis wrote:it'd be great if there was an addon that let me mouse over and suggested if the pet would be good at level 25 (when I eventually get them there) or weaker for it's type.
I don't believe there's one, and your reason is exactly why I would not trust an addon to do it. In many cases there is no hard and fast rule to say one pet/breed is better than another. That is really up to the player to decide, depending on what they want the pet to do or even what abilities they want to use.

Example: I have a H/B rabbit. It doesn't seem like that would be ideal for anything. But it's the perfect combination of stats for me to do the Thundering Pandaren Spirit daily. An addon would most likely tell me to go for S/S.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » June 13th, 2014, 6:11 pm

Peanutty wrote:. . .
Example: I have a H/B rabbit. It doesn't seem like that would be ideal for anything. But it's the perfect combination of stats for me to do the Thundering Pandaren Spirit daily. An addon would most likely tell me to go for S/S.
I thought this was a great quote. For instance, everyone goes above and beyond trying to find a S/S Crow or Raven. I like my B/B Crow and Ravens because that means in PvE my Darkness goes AFTER the opponent casts Sunlight, or what ever other weather effect they are going to cast. And an add-on would be more subject to prune the non S/S ones based on "the masses".
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Loganisis

Post by Loganisis » June 13th, 2014, 10:23 pm

Okay. That all makes sense. I'm not a PvPer, so I know it doesn't make too much difference, but I like to try to optimize, but here, optimization is simply overwhelming...

Thanks for the info and thoughts!

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » June 14th, 2014, 2:26 am

I think pet journal enhanced is the one where you can select specifically from source>wild pets, and from quantity>2&3. So you can go through more easily to prune. But, it really is personal preference as to which to prune.
mykro9#1585

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » June 14th, 2014, 9:48 pm

Mykro9 wrote:I think pet journal enhanced is the one where you can select specifically from source>wild pets, and from quantity>2&3. So you can go through more easily to prune. But, it really is personal preference as to which to prune.
Yes, exactly.

To sell you can filter by quantity (2, 3) and by misc (tradable) and it will tell you those you have extras of and can cage/sell.

For pets to release if you wish, filter by quant and misc (can't trade).

You have to have the Can Battle checked in misc as well, so simply UNcheck the one you DON'T want (if you want to see tradable just UNcheck can't trade, etc).

Pet Journal Enhanced is the single best pet sorting addon I have found.

Loganisis

Post by Loganisis » June 15th, 2014, 10:48 am

Thank you for the info. I'll try that out soon.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 16th, 2014, 2:42 am

Peanutty wrote:Example: I have a H/B rabbit. It doesn't seem like that would be ideal for anything. But it's the perfect combination of stats for me to do the Thundering Pandaren Spirit daily. An addon would most likely tell me to go for S/S.
It's not the "perfect combination of stats", the S/S [pet]Grasslands Cottontail[/pet] has better stats for the Thundering Pandaren Spirit daily. :-)

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » June 16th, 2014, 4:50 pm

I use DMR.

DMR, Wild Crimson and a 3rd pet to level.