new WoD Pet battle changes

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
new WoD Pet battle changes

Post by Luciandk » June 11th, 2014, 12:56 am

I am looking at the newest build and its fascinating for pet battles.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/406 ... uild-18379

Scroll down to the pet battles section, and you will see that most abilities wont miss anymore with 100% hit. Which should alleviate a lot of frustration when missing a crucial ability. Instead many affected abilities gains a variable damage range, keeping the rng factor to avoid battles becomming too predictable.

Like most basic dragonkin attacks dealing 14-26 damage with 100% hit. But tailslap deals 18+7 if slower. Meaning it will pull ahead with reliable damage if you are slower.

Or moves like Liftoff, Burrow, Dive etc all have 100% chance to hit, a variable damage range of 24-36 and a 4round cd.

What do you folks think?

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Re: new WoD Pet battle changes

Post by Mykro9 » June 11th, 2014, 2:06 am

The accuracy changes are the best thing to pet battles since ever!!
I would MUCH rather have a wider range of possible damage, than the possible 'miss' 'miss' miss'...dead scenario we have now.
If they could just fix the capture crate's accuracy also, maybe a grind to get one that has a 100% chance to capture on the first toss?
mykro9#1585

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 11th, 2014, 3:03 am

The accuracy changes are the best thing to pet battles since ever!!

Only spells that currently have a 80% or higher chance to hit will now always hit. Everything below 80% still has a random chance to miss.

Now we have to hope that they will fix the 25% chance to sleep annoyance next.

Slugggo
Top Rater
Pet Score:13685
Realm:Moonrunner-us

Post by Slugggo » June 11th, 2014, 3:06 pm

I love the proposed accuracy changes.

Maybe it was only in my head, but after doing day after day of pet battle dailies for months, I started to get the feeling the %'s weren't as advertised in the higher level dailies. I wondered if it might have been a subtle 5-10% in the house's favor for being epic or legendary, or maybe it was just months of consistently bad luck.

Either way, I love the idea of making it a wider damage range rather than flat out missing, which is hilarious when your level 25 Darkmoon Tonk totally misses against a level 1 trainer in Elwynn Forest.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 11th, 2014, 3:34 pm

I don't think that there is any affect on hit percentages for quality differences. There is for level differences but I haven't see anything for quality differences. I'd just chalk it up to those inevitable misses being more annoying when they happen with the trainers. Since I assume you are doing them to carry a pet you don't have as much margin when you need to rely on your 2 pets to beat their 3 pets and their pets are higher quality too.

I do like the idea of a larger range rather than a chance to miss because it still preserves some of the risk vs reward aspect of the abilities with out the chance of a really bad streak leaving you feeling like your completely SOL.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » June 12th, 2014, 2:30 pm

The more I think about the new accuracy changes, the more I'm not sure I like it. While it will be nice to not have to worry about my 75% hit chance missing 5 times in a row, it will totally mess up any team that relies on Sandstorm or a similar strategy. Seems like a huge blow to Anubisath Idol.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 12th, 2014, 2:54 pm

Not sure how this would mess up sandstorm. It isn't currently very effective against large hits anyway and that doesn't really change. Yeah, the extra 10% hit might help you get lucky when your opponent hits that unlucky streak but you couldn't count on that. Assume the change affects Crush for the Anubisath Idol it should mean you hit more often and get more heals from the human racial so I'd say it's actually a buff in that regard.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » June 12th, 2014, 10:49 pm

I guess I don't really read it the same way. To me, if you have an opposing pet that has an 80% hit chance and you use Sandstorm, that opposing pet now has a 70% hit chance. While that's not "amazing", it means something. This new system would make that opposing pet's attack change to a 100% hit chance. So now, with Sandstorm, it would be a 90% hit chance. So in effect, this chance would increase that opposing pet's attack by a 20% hit chance. At least, that's how my math comes out. While it may not seem like a huge thing, I think going from an end result of 70% hit chance to 90% is significant. And my guess is, it will be enough of a difference to make Anubisath Idol not near as good as he is right now.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » June 13th, 2014, 4:49 pm

I really like how this is a buff for abilities with 100% hit rating, mainly because I like to play 100% moves. I also like that the general play style will become a lot slower than it currently is. I like how the game will be balanced around 20 base attack.

I would dislike it when they remove all moves with RNG. RNG keep PvE fun for me. Unpredictability keeps otherwise boring grind sessions a lot more unpredictable, streaks of bad RNG makes it less dull, I would even call it fun. I also dislike how one could basically plot the outcome of a PvP match, especially during late game. There is no incentive to keep trying in a close match, because you know that you have lost.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » July 6th, 2014, 7:08 am

Kel wrote:The more I think about the new accuracy changes, the more I'm not sure I like it. While it will be nice to not have to worry about my 75% hit chance missing 5 times in a row, it will totally mess up any team that relies on Sandstorm or a similar strategy. Seems like a huge blow to Anubisath Idol.
AT least demolish is now 100% - rejoice! :lol:

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » July 6th, 2014, 8:59 am

Demolish is still 50%, I think certain abilities are meant to be a gamble and were unchanged (Haymaker, Demolish, Cataclysm, Instability; and also Nocturnal Strike/Blood in the Water when you don't have the matching debuff). The changes mainly affect the abilities that had 80-95% accuracy.