No talk of a new pet 'Races'?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
No talk of a new pet 'Races'?

Post by Tekulve2012 » June 10th, 2014, 8:38 am

So it seems to me that Blizzard is having excellent success with Battlepets. They have integrated it into to WoW economy and have generated a ton of revenue with it (Blizz.store pets/ RAF reward pets/ Blizzcon etc.) They have created a competitive pet pvp game and challenges and achievements that people seem to like.

So next, I was hoping there would be talk of adding 2 new races to the pet game. Presumably they'd have to add 2 at once to create a 'stonger vs' and 'weaker vs.." options for each one.

I know it's all speculating, but that's what is needed to get the ball rolling. One big question would be what 'racial' advantage the new races would have...and how could that advantage affect pet pvp.

I propose people use some creativity and imagination and post possible races/ racial advantages

It would be cool to have a racial advantage proc whereby your pet has X % health left thus ~ your opponent's pet would evolve into the breed of your choice (s/s , h/h or p/p)

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Re: No talk of a new pet 'Races'?

Post by Jazeel » June 10th, 2014, 6:21 pm

I have 2 idea's , though the second i admit is rather out there.

1: spirit beasts: already exist in game for hunters to tame so no stretch of the imagination to include them as a new pet category, as for their racial ability, my first thought is a 5% buff to all healing recieved.

2:Avatars: avatars would be miniature versions of player characters. they would be available in each class and its specs. In appearance they would resemble the toon that summoned them but geared as whatever class/spec the particular avatar stone is for. so yes a goblin could have a mini goblin holy pally avatar etc. though i can imagine this would be a nightmare for the designers to develop. their abilities would mirror the class spec they are but with at least one attack that does avatar damage.

as for vunerability/bonus damage i am not to sure how to balance either tbh.

sprit beasts could either be farmed from the existing ones currently in game(a camping nightmare) or bought for tokens gained from pet tamer bags. Avatar stones would be a random drop in dungeon/scenario/lfr bags and tradeable.

Hobbitpolitics
Top Rater
Pet Score:4678
BattleTag®:HowPolitical#2973
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hobbitpolitics » June 10th, 2014, 7:25 pm

I feel as if they could not only add new races in the future ( not very likely though..) but also divide some of the current races into other races, for example. Divide critters into small animals and insects, elemental into Elemental, Plant´ish ( Sunflower/Sinister squashling etc) and rock creatures, Undead into zombieish/ghoulish creatures and spirits which could also be the subrace of magic, Humanoids into humanoids and divine creatures. Just something that obviously will never happen but I would very much like to see, it´s already been partly done having dragonkin and flying as seperate races. Pets and pet battles are one of the main reasons I still play the game :I and I want it to expand like any other content. ( and I have so many ideas as to how it could be done.... ) :)

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » June 17th, 2014, 9:17 am

Sorry but PVP Battles are allready pretty unbalanced and there is now way blizzard could enter 2 more races into the strong/weak circle without breaking it.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » June 18th, 2014, 2:49 am

Instead of creating new races, I'd suggest reinforcing the CURRENT races to make them ALL competitive. At this point, several of the races are weak as a general rule!!

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » June 18th, 2014, 6:23 am

i don't think that we need more for the moment. i'd rather see improvements to those that exists. they could add a more to the family that have very pets in them (magical, undead etc). they could improve those that exist. they could make some of the cool pets more interesting. like lanterns, which are really coll, but they have only BB breeds, making them pretty worthless.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 18th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Ril wrote:i don't think that we need more for the moment. i'd rather see improvements to those that exists. they could add a more to the family that have very pets in them (magical, undead etc). they could improve those that exist. they could make some of the cool pets more interesting. like lanterns, which are really coll, but they have only BB breeds, making them pretty worthless.
Dont fall into the trap of equating B/B with truly worthless. Look at [pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet]. It comes with a very potent moveset in Ironbark, Photosyntesis and Sunlight. It wouldve been one of my first choices to re-breed to P/P for the now canceled breeding. But I still use it alot, its just that good despite its underwhelming breed. A good moveset can pull up a poor breed.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » July 6th, 2014, 7:11 am

Luciandk wrote:Dont fall into the trap of equating B/B with truly worthless. Look at [pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet]. It comes with a very potent moveset in Ironbark, Photosyntesis and Sunlight.
Sorry but as soon as you cancel the sunlight he goes down faster then a snow men in the sun :D

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » July 8th, 2014, 6:53 am

Drudatz wrote:Sorry but as soon as you cancel the sunlight he goes down faster then a snow men in the sun :D
Sorry but the same can be said for every single pet there is (with the only exception atm possible being a Unborn Valk). Just cancel X move or play a hard counter and X will go down faster than a sky diver without a chute. So that doesn't cancel out Luciandk point of B/B being a decent breed for certain pets.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 8th, 2014, 11:55 am

And my point remains, its a quite strong combo that lifts up the pet, despite the B/B breed.

And of course it can be countered. Swapping weather amputates weather reliant moves.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » July 8th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Luciandk wrote:. . .

And of course it can be countered. Swapping weather amputates weather reliant moves.
Which is why I run a Singing Sunflower along side my Blossoming Ancient! 8-)
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com