Accuracy de-buff strategies

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Accuracy de-buff strategies

Post by Tekulve2012 » June 8th, 2014, 4:58 pm

I got my Sumprush rodent today , it has stench for the 25% accuracy de-buff. I know people use darkness, sandstorms and slippery ice to force misses in pet PvP and I wondered if anyone uses stench instead and if it stacks on sandstorms/darkness/ice for even better de-buffing the accuracy of opponents...appreciate any feedback/possible teams

Pretty sure Stinker has stench too

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554

Re: Accuracy de-buff strategies

Post by Kpb321 » June 8th, 2014, 8:52 pm

I doubt that anyone runs Stench because IMO it's pretty bad. If you look at the math behind it you should basically break even. You spend 1 turn casting it and they should miss one of the 4 attacks they make while the debuff is up so you make back the turn you spent casting it with no net gain.

Darkness blinds the opponents which increases the hit chance for nocturnal strike which is why it gets used. The 10% miss chance is just a side affect that might hurt you as much as it helps you.

Sandstorm adds the dmg reduction per hit which can be huge for dealing with dot/AE teams. It also deals pretty good dmg so you aren't loosing a turn just for the debuff. Again the hit debuff is incidental and might hurt you as much as it helps you unless you are using one of the elemental's with the ability.

Same story for slippery Ice. It deals some damage so it isn't a total loss of a turn. It makes your opponents count as chilled and only debuffs their hit. Even better they can't swap out pets to get one that isn't considered chilled.

In the end I think all the other abilities you mentioned would get used even with out the accuracy debuffs and that is all Stench has.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » June 8th, 2014, 9:01 pm

I tried Stench in PVP (thinking along the same lines, of winning via accuracy debuffing) and it really didn't do well. It's more praying to RNG than a reliable debuff and RNG never seems to want to swing in my favor.

Plus I'm not sure if the accuracy debuffs can/will stack correctly... I know against the tamers at least, you can't seem to debuff them down to 0% hit without using something like Blinding Poison (I'm sure someone else can explain it better, it's not something I've tried myself but I remember reading about it on here before).

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » June 9th, 2014, 8:36 am

For sure Stench would be better if it didnt cost you a turn (as an interrupt or possible stun) but with the common use of things like decoy and DAH's blind, surely one could switch in the pet with Stench ..put it up and not necessarily get dinged with an attack

A 25% de-buff to accuracy seems significant to me and if it could be stacked then your chances of gaining the statistical advantage would be even better...this week's stint for 10 pvp wins i'll play around with teams ..i think there are 5 pets with stench so not a ton of great options but why not mess around and see if its any good to run in pvp

Xenomist
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Xenomist » June 10th, 2014, 2:08 pm

I ran an Accuracy debuff team for fun a few times. I used Stench in combo with Dandelion Frolicker's Frolick. It makes -75% hit rate. It's pretty funny watching people miss 100% things multiple times in a row.

Team I used:
Pierre (1, 1, 2)
Dandelion Frolicker S/S (1,1,2)
Something with synergy of Dazzling dance or bleeds such as:
Willy (1,1,2)
Curious Wolvar Pup (2,1,2)
Snarly (1,1,2)
Infested Bear Cub (1,2,1)

Start with Pierre. Sleep, Stench, Switch to Frocklicker, Froclick...watch the misses. If your pierre is faster, then you dont loose a turn.

Not the best team in the world, but it can win somtimes.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » June 10th, 2014, 3:55 pm

Thanks for the feedback ..neat to see a de-buff team option ..the pvp win is not everything for me ..I like to experiment to see the pros and cons of move sets and check for possible synergy as you've noted

Vek posted a comment about Pierre being a good 'utility' pet ..I haven't had mine for a test run yet ..cant wait (30 more pets to finish leveling first though)