Any tried and true method to getting stones?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Bluegila
Pet Score:5152
BattleTag®:Fuerza#1850
Realm:Area 52-us
Any tried and true method to getting stones?

Post by Bluegila » June 6th, 2014, 8:19 pm

I am wanting to know if there is a way - even if it is grindy - to get stones of a specific pet family?

I currently have stones from 3 families I don't need and I (for example) still need 20 beast stones.

Any advice or input is appreciated.

Thanks

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Any tried and true method to getting stones?

Post by Peanutty » June 6th, 2014, 8:40 pm

To specifically get beast stones, you'd need to fight wild battle pets where a beast is the primary - you would only get beast or BoE stones from that.

However IMO that's too RNG and too grindy. So what you might consider doing is: 1) trading on the forums here for beast stones, assuming the pets in need of upgrade are cageable and/or 2) doing all the master tamers that spit out bags as often as possible, then trading in any 3-of-a-kind of the other stones (i.e. 3 undead stones) for 1 BoP non-family-specific stone. Or 3) if you have a ton of gold to blow you could just buy BoE stones, though I'd only go that route if you like spending wads of money.

Bluegila
Pet Score:5152
BattleTag®:Fuerza#1850
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Bluegila » June 6th, 2014, 8:45 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I am already doing all the Pandaria Tamers and Beasts of Fable every day to get bags and to level pets. It is how I am getting the stones I have. I did forget about the 3 to 1 exchange rate though.

I will hold on the the stones I have and try to trade when I have more and if that doesn't pan out I can trade them in.

Thanks again!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » June 6th, 2014, 8:57 pm

also if got all the pets from the celestial tourney can keep doing it and trade in for a stone of choice when won.
it is one a week guaranteed.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » June 7th, 2014, 1:10 pm

Bluegila wrote:I am wanting to know if there is a way - even if it is grindy - to get stones of a specific pet family?
Not specifically. You can battle pets in the family that you want the stones but if you want stones and can wait a bit, go the daily route. For all the pets I actually caught myself (as in, no store or traded pets), less then ten were actually rare when I got them. 99.9% of my rares came from the stones I got in the daily sacks and now that I've stoned all my battle pets (it seems wrong to stone the non-battle pet kind), I still have way more stones than I know what to do with. I think my stone carrier has at least 10 of each kind (many more of the kind I got a great deal of and of which have less pets in general.)

When you get three of a certain kind, you can turn them in for an unmarked stone, so that helps too. It's not like OMGNAO stones but if you're patient, you'll get there.

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » June 8th, 2014, 10:39 am

Digem wrote:also if got all the pets from the celestial tourney can keep doing it and trade in for a stone of choice when won.
it is one a week guaranteed.
I only see the flawless stone as a purchase item, but it's 3 coins, so 3 weeks. Am I missing something?
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » June 8th, 2014, 11:57 am

It is 3 weeks for a stone. The Pet treats are one stone and can be bought every week to speed up leveling.

Kel

Post by Kel » June 9th, 2014, 4:01 pm

Yea, I'm not even sure if I'll keep doing it after this coming "week". This will be the last coin I need for my final Celestial pet. I may bag the CT after that. I can surely get more stones from daily tamers than grinding 3 weeks to get 1 stone here.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Voskres » June 9th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Kpb321 wrote:It is 3 weeks for a stone. The Pet treats are one stone and can be bought every week to speed up leveling.
Spending a coin on treats makes me laugh; I throw those things away every day lol. The treats not the coins.

Kel

Post by Kel » June 9th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Not me because I don't bother with the BoF quests. Too much work, and I seem to not be so good at those.
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » June 9th, 2014, 5:48 pm

Voskres wrote:
Kpb321 wrote:It is 3 weeks for a stone. The Pet treats are one stone and can be bought every week to speed up leveling.
Spending a coin on treats makes me laugh; I throw those things away every day lol. The treats not the coins.

It's the 50% pet treat that is only available from the PVP weekly otherwise so it's pretty much impossible for you to be throwing them away every day.

http://wowhead.com/item=98114

vs

http://wowhead.com/item=98112

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » June 9th, 2014, 7:53 pm

Voskres wrote:
Bitches about pet levels having more weigh to scoring than number of pets (which is incorrect but whatever) throws away an easy way to help with leveling pets. WTF?

Voskres, please quit vomiting your self pity over having a lower WCP score all over the forums and get off your ass and go lvl some pets.
mykro9#1585

Voskres
Top Rater

Post by Voskres » June 9th, 2014, 10:16 pm

Wow I was talking about the ones that make your pet bigger; they sell those, you know.

Some of you have some serious issues insulting people personally on websites hoping it makes you look cooler.

I imagine your kids would be proud.

Kpb321

Post by Kpb321 » June 9th, 2014, 11:09 pm

To quote myself I said
The Pet treats are one stone and can be bought every week to speed up leveling.
Pet Treat is the actual name of the 50% pet food so it should be pretty clear what I was referring to and if it wasn't the "Speed up leveling" should have made it clear.

Second, no you can't buy Magical Pet Biscuit's with Celestial coins

http://www.wowhead.com/item=101529#currency-for

Your options are the 4 pets, a 25 stack of bandages, the Pet Treat or a Marked Flawless stone for 3. BTW I did check in game and wowhead is accurate.

Voskres
Top Rater

Post by Voskres » June 9th, 2014, 11:46 pm

Yeah, that's my bad. For some reason I thought that both him and Whizzig sold the buscuits, but I guess just Whizzig does (which I STILL find funny, but cheaper).