Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sakurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:2429
BattleTag®:eclectish#1444
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
Baby Ape timer?

Post by Sakurae » May 18th, 2014, 5:48 pm

Anyone for sure know their server's rain timer for Jaguero Isle? I can never seem to catch it on Wyrmrest, and if I could just get a cross-realm invite sometime, that would be great for my sanity! :P

Re: Baby Ape timer?

Post by Guest » May 19th, 2014, 5:21 am

Rain, Sandstorms, etc are all completely random. There is no "timer", (otherwise these pets would be far easier to get hold of).

Best bet is park a few alts on different servers and cycle through them every 10 minutes or so. Got mine in about a day and a half (+- 3 hours each day) doing it this way.

Post by Guest » May 19th, 2014, 10:39 am

Worse than that, the island is a different weather system than everywhere else. SO you actually have to be on the island to see its weather.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » May 19th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Haevlyn wrote:
Best bet is park a few alts on different servers and cycle through them every 10 minutes or so. Got mine in about a day and a half (+- 3 hours each day) doing it this way.

This is about all you can do. I put an alt there and just checked every so often and got it within a day or so.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » May 19th, 2014, 2:33 pm

Took me a bit longer than some others it seems but I just parked a guy on the island and every time I was logging in or out checked for weather on the island. I ended catching it raining and got a uncommon of each breed and ended up stoning the p/p breed to get a rare. Wasn't going to try camping one in the wild given how long it took to just catch it raining period.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » May 19th, 2014, 3:04 pm

For all the weather related pets, I just parked a toon there that I wasn't planning on using. The mobs are only in their 30s so it's really easy to do that with some of your lower level toons. Then I just checked every hour or two until it was raining when I logged in. It only took a day or two.

The sandstorm pet was the only one that took a long time to get using this method.

Sakurae
Top Rater

Post by Sakurae » May 20th, 2014, 8:42 am

Alright, thanks everyone! WoWHead gave me the impression that it was a server-dependent timer. My bad!

Scarydreams
Pet Score:2669
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Scarydreams » May 23rd, 2014, 12:21 am

The last one I was able to get was around 11:15 AM I'm sure this is just a random time I will try and check it the next few days and see if it's raining or not

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » May 23rd, 2014, 5:55 pm

The way I got mine was to reduce the WoW window and put a football game in another window and just kept moving my character from time to time while watching for rain. By the way it was in the second game that it started raining, so be prepared to wait a while.

Druzy
Pet Score:4598
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Druzy » May 23rd, 2014, 10:58 pm

Dolz wrote:The way I got mine was to reduce the WoW window and put a football game in another window and just kept moving my character from time to time while watching for rain. By the way it was in the second game that it started raining, so be prepared to wait a while.
heh, i have several books about the pc for similar situations :oops: . if you have a skinner parked there you can pass the time with less boredom but way more destruction (mining is decent here too), just remember it is a quest area. this is also a good place to train lowbie petlings up to level 10 while waiting for the rain to fall.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » May 24th, 2014, 9:12 am

@Druzy, good ideas. In my case I was going to watch the games anyway, so I was just getting a little extra value for my time. I was just passing along an idea of how to do something beside staring at the screen waiting for the rain.

Landi
Pet Score:10480
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Landi » May 26th, 2014, 3:18 pm

Druzy wrote: this is also a good place to train lowbie petlings up to level 10 while waiting for the rain to fall.
I do this as well, you can circle the island endlessly without running out of pets. I do it more to level the pets, I still don't have a rare baby ape!

Sakurae
Top Rater

Post by Sakurae » May 26th, 2014, 3:53 pm

Didn't get a rare, but I did finally get one :) Naturally, I don't have any Beast stones!