To the person running 3 freaking Sunflowers...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Monori
Pet Score:5477
Realm:Earthen Ring-us
To the person running 3 freaking Sunflowers...

Post by Monori » April 25th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Really? Seriously? You like wasting THAT much time on each fight?

Dflowerz
Pet Score:1870
Realm:Zuluhed-us

Re: To the person running 3 freaking Sunflowers...

Post by Dflowerz » April 25th, 2014, 6:05 pm

If you're using three of anything it's probably a gimmick and I hate you. I'm looking at you 3x Fossilized Raptors.

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Se5s » April 25th, 2014, 6:20 pm

those 3 crows...yea, they know where they can stick their claws <_>
them 3 direhorns, you can charge into where the sun don't shine >_>
you 3 droplets of yshaarj, go brush ya teeth :P

Post by Guest » April 25th, 2014, 6:21 pm

Not even me, but that's hilarious. If I had the patience to get three of either of those, I'd try it just to see if I could get some easy forfeit wins.
... 2 wins, so far. Yeah,I dunno.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » April 26th, 2014, 12:11 pm

I ran into three Emerald Protowhelps earlier. It was fun to DOT them up and watch them fall to the ground. :twisted:

Monori

Post by Monori » April 26th, 2014, 11:19 pm

Ok, now that i've had some time to cool off....yea, no im still pretty angry about running into that >< lol. I mean...I guess it works, unless you run into a pack of Toothy's/Spineclaws, but...you can't seriously expect to use a team like that and be serious about actually beating people. I would guess that if they win, it's from someone leaving. I can't see that team actually just beating a team legit. Anyway /endrant I got my 250 wins shortly thereafter :)

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » April 27th, 2014, 7:10 am

I feel your pain, several months ago I came across player using 3 sunflowers and yes, they do like wasting that much time. That particular day apparently he was the only one doing battles because I got him like 6-7 times in a row and I was pissed....so to make his day, after losing the first 2 battles, I worked at setting up some teams to beat him. The battles were very, very, very, long and the win would come down to whoever had the last hit. He ended up forfeiting the last 3 battles and moved on then I finally was able to play other teams. I HATE folks and teams like this. :twisted:
Last edited by Shikon01 on May 11th, 2014, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Sellys » April 27th, 2014, 10:20 pm

3 moths are worse.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » April 29th, 2014, 3:51 pm

so get a water strider and one shot them all?

pretty easy counter.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » May 3rd, 2014, 3:31 am

Simmias wrote:so get a water strider and one shot them all?

pretty easy counter.
Yup, and as soon as you build a direct counter, you'll stop getting him as an opponent and everyone else will crush you even if they have junk. Then you go back to your regular team and he'll be your only opponent again repeatedly. I'd really love to see the code on how they match us up...

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » May 3rd, 2014, 10:07 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » May 6th, 2014, 2:59 pm

Rioriel wrote: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LMAO! I nearly peed my pants.

Simmias

Post by Simmias » May 11th, 2014, 7:11 am

Skavenged wrote:

pretty easy counter.
Yup, and as soon as you build a direct counter, you'll stop getting him as an opponent and everyone else will crush you even if they have junk. Then you go back to your regular team and he'll be your only opponent again repeatedly. I'd really love to see the code on how they match us up...
if you lose with a strider then you really do not know how to play, it's little wonder why you lost to three of the weakest pet ingame and decided to make a rage post.

Monori

Post by Monori » May 11th, 2014, 10:15 am

Simmias wrote:
Skavenged wrote:

pretty easy counter.
if you lose with a strider then you really do not know how to play, it's little wonder why you lost to three of the weakest pet ingame and decided to make a rage post.
I'm not even sure what you're or who you're talking about in this post. If it's me, I wasn't using a Water Strider or obviously this thread would have never been made. If its the person you quoted, what he's saying is...the moment you try and make a team to counter the 3 Sunflowers, you will not see them again and most likely continue to lose because you are using a team built to take on one specific opponent and if you don't get that opponent, you're kind of stuck up a river without a paddle....especially with as many people who use Raven's, Crow's and Moth's. They would destroy a set of Water Striders in about 20 seconds.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » May 12th, 2014, 6:39 am

Simmias wrote:
Skavenged wrote:

pretty easy counter.

That is not the OP that you quoted so he did not make a rage post. And did you even read what you quoted, because if you did you would see that he didn't say he lost to the Sunflowers he said you won't even get them in the queue again.

If you are going to try and flame someone at least know what you are talking about. Actually better yet please take it to other forums and keep it out of WCP.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Simmias

Post by Simmias » May 14th, 2014, 2:08 am

4k pvp wins, guess I won them all by luck :roll:

A water strider is a decently strong pet vs most teams, unless you fight a hard-counter type pet.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » May 14th, 2014, 5:09 am

All they guy was saying is that as soon as you build a hard counter team to beat someone you have been repeatedly getting you usually won't get them again (typical karma). And all I was saying is you didn't do a very good job at reading his post. He did say that everyone else would "crush you" and while that is a bit exaggerated there are a decent amount of hard counters to aquatics used it pvp teams so it's not that far fetched.

For someone with 4k pvp wins you should know that the Water Strider being "decent" in pvp, hell any "decent" pet in pvp tends to not win you a lot of games. The pets used are either good or great at pvp otherwise your usually just wasting your time. Can you win some games by using decent pets? Yes, but it's not typical and you stand a far better chance at winning using good+ pets.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » May 14th, 2014, 7:32 am

And pet battles are highly dependent on the match of pets. it doesn't really matter how many wins someone has and how good overall their pets are, if your opponent has a strong counter for your team, you will likely lose.

The earlier poster was spot on - once you construct a specific counter for a team, you often don't see them again and get creamed a couple of times. And the original poster was also spot on - three sunflowers (or any low damage heal team) is annoying.

Post by Guest » May 14th, 2014, 8:42 am

Does anyone have suggestions on good teams? I've tried 3 moths, which doesn't go very well. Blossoming Ancient, Magical Crawdad and Singing Sunflower, which got slammed. 3 Dragons, which did sorta ok against the crows. I'm not willing to spend money on a murkalot, so that's out.
I've got 6 wins out of God knows how many losses. Help?

Monori

Post by Monori » May 14th, 2014, 10:44 am

Jpchaos27 wrote:Does anyone have suggestions on good teams? I've tried 3 moths, which doesn't go very well. Blossoming Ancient, Magical Crawdad and Singing Sunflower, which got slammed. 3 Dragons, which did sorta ok against the crows. I'm not willing to spend money on a murkalot, so that's out.
I've got 6 wins out of God knows how many losses. Help?
Hey Jpchaos,

Yea there are lots of viable teams out there but just understand that any team has its counter so dont be discouraged if you run into a team that should beat you because thats exactly it. If it "should" beat you, it probably will. I like using the following teams which don't require a whole lot to get:

Aqua Strider - Because its one of the fastest pets in the game you can start with Pump, then Cleansing Rain, then Pump again to do some pretty heavy damage, switch out to the Spineclaw and just start the devastation. Clean up with Chuck :)
Spineclaw Crab P/P
Chuck(Or Toothy or Muckbreath)

Bonkers(Preferably S/S) x3 - This team can be insane, trust me. I won LOTS of PvP pet battles with this team.

Crow/Raven(Preferably S/S) x3 - You may lose some here, but either way you will either win or lose pretty fast, lol.

Good Luck :)