•Battle Stones•

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Cica
•Battle Stones•

Post by Cica » November 27th, 2012, 7:25 pm

Just wondering, with the implementation of patch 5.1 today, if anyone has been able to get a Battle Stone to drop? I have been doing nothing but pet battles since the servers went up, and am beginning to question what the drop rates were.

(On a side note, I wanted to be sure I was doing it correctly, I watched a few videos and read a couple articles that said the stones were acquired by defeating wild pets in pet battles. I just want to be sure this is the case, and not something strange like from killing them with your toons and one randomly drops a stone).

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Re: •Battle Stones•

Post by Misstic » November 27th, 2012, 7:38 pm

Cica wrote:Just wondering, with the implementation of patch 5.1 today, if anyone has been able to get a Battle Stone to drop? I have been doing nothing but pet battles since the servers went up, and am beginning to question what the drop rates were.

(On a side note, I wanted to be sure I was doing it correctly, I watched a few videos and read a couple articles that said the stones were acquired by defeating wild pets in pet battles. I just want to be sure this is the case, and not something strange like from killing them with your toons and one randomly drops a stone).

I had saved up 111 Bags and was able to get about 10 blue battle stones for varies families. I have not battles wild pets yet.

Cica

Post by Cica » November 27th, 2012, 7:42 pm

wish I had thought of that, I just opened them on the spot when I received them in hopes of getting a pet ^^

M2zz3
Pet Score:3964
Realm:Tanaris-us

Post by M2zz3 » November 27th, 2012, 10:26 pm

I've only done around 15 battles so far but I've gotten two stones so far. A Flawless beast one from the jade forest and a Flawless critter one from the valley of the four winds.

Jetstream
Pet Score:2508
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Jetstream » November 28th, 2012, 12:03 am

Mrf... Pets too wussy... Need to level them more...

There a good place for Mechanical pets? I wanna upgrade my squirrel, breed IDs be damned! Unfortunately Stonetalon only has a small number of Nut Varmints, and I haven't gotten any stones so far...

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » November 28th, 2012, 1:45 am

Stone types are random right, we can farm any where with high level pets?
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Darkshroud

Post by Darkshroud » November 28th, 2012, 12:26 pm

I opened 47 bags and got a human flawless and a dragon. Also will never need a stable master again...

As for the stones being random. This is the case with the bags but if you want to get a flying flawless stone you will need to battle flying pets.

Jrshoe
Pet Score:3509
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Jrshoe » November 28th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Silly question, but what about the uncommon stones? I have looked at every possible vendor I can think of and have not been able to find them. I am Justice capped and just want to spend my points on something. : /

Edit : Never mind. I'm retarded. Carry on.
Last edited by Jrshoe on November 28th, 2012, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » November 28th, 2012, 1:02 pm

The uncommon stones I found at the JP vendor in Townlong at the temple near the shado-pan dailies. It should put a helmet on your map.

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » November 28th, 2012, 1:36 pm

Battled Nishi, received ridiculously low amount of XP for my 10 lvl Ram, didn't abandon quest and received a bag of supplies after turn in. There was a stone to upgrade an undead pet.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » November 28th, 2012, 2:21 pm

I was very pleased after holding on to all my pet bags I got from before the patch (Although I did peak into them to make sure there were no Porcupettes). Ended up with Beast, Critter, and Humanoid stones. Although it took me awhile to figure out how to use them. Tried to use them on the Pet Journal, but realized that you have to summon the pet and use it on it then. :lol:

My Baby Blizzard Bear and Wolpertinger are very happy to have been upgraded. Not sure what I'm going to use the Humanoid stone on yet...

Aquilus
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Aquilus » November 28th, 2012, 2:54 pm

Imthedci,
May I suggest using it as a cheater way to get the breed ID that you want from either a Flayer Youngling or Sporeling Sprout?

Given that they have 10 potential stat combinations you could use a humanoid flawless stone as an easy way to get the exact stats you want without having to farm them for a rare combo'd with your stats of choice.

Other than that I would suggest the children's week Wolvar or Oracle pets.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » November 28th, 2012, 3:59 pm

I was concidering the Wolvar / Oracles pet. Will probably end up with the Oracle first (as that Wolvar likes to mouth off :lol: ).

My personal order of importance for 'stoning pets (that really doesn't sound kosher) is:
1. Non-capturable pets that cannot be caged. (e.g. Baby Blizzard Bear)
2. Non-capturable pets that can be caged. (e.g. Orphan's week pets)
3. Capturable pets.

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » November 28th, 2012, 4:07 pm

So the epic stones do we have to catch one of the enemies or can we just beat all 3 wild pets?
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

M2zz3

Post by M2zz3 » November 28th, 2012, 4:15 pm

I've just been beating all 3 and getting stones. But you only get the stone of the first pet.

Cheeser
Pet Score:1464
Realm:Talnivarr-eu

Post by Cheeser » November 29th, 2012, 5:53 am

Question: I need undead stone more than anything( need 3 of em).
How would it be most efficient to farm em?
Killing trainers daily or killing undead wilds?
And if killing wilds is effective, is it equally efficient to go around killing the level 3 undeads in tirisfal glades as killing level 12s in EPL?(If the levels of the pets I use to farm are close to the level of the pet I'm killing)

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 29th, 2012, 7:35 am

Cheeser wrote:Question: I need undead stone more than anything( need 3 of em).
How would it be most efficient to farm em?
Killing trainers daily or killing undead wilds?
I think I can answer this question atleast, from the trainers you have a 8-12% (rough numbers, dont put too much faith in them) chance of getting any stone. You may end up doing dailies for months without seeing any undead stones. Killing undead wilds however, will not give you any other stones than just the one you need, however at a much lower rate. I guess it depends, if you have time, do both. Do the dailies, and if you got spare time, go kill undeads. This early, most people could use more than just one type of stone, so trainers would be my choice.

You could also try the auctionhouse..

Cheeser
Pet Score:1464
Realm:Talnivarr-eu

Post by Cheeser » November 29th, 2012, 9:17 am

Oh they are not BoP?
I will look there then, and probably try farming some EPL pets :)

M2zz3

Post by M2zz3 » November 29th, 2012, 10:50 am

There is one rare one just called flawless battle stone that is supposed to be boe, but that is it. The rest (type specific ones) are all bop. I am not sure if the boe one can come from randomly battling pets or not, it might be bag only.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » November 29th, 2012, 11:43 am

Gotten a few pet supply bags, battled several wild pets (maybe 30-60 battles?)
Even gotten my first Pandaren Spirit already..

But I haven't seen a single stone yet :(

Wish I had thought of stacking up on bags before 5.1