OMG they nerfed pet battle exp!!!!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us
OMG they nerfed pet battle exp!!!!

Post by Misstic » November 27th, 2012, 3:01 pm

They NERFED into the GROUND the exp you would get from fighting Farmer Nishi. I was getting 2400-1680 each battle because I would kill my first 2 pets and give all exp to my leveling pet but now I just did it and got 380 exp. Think that just killed the game for me. I wont grind 1000 hours for each pet to 25 when it took 1.5 hrs before. Blizzard you SUCK, you did not put that in the patch notes, jerks!!!!!

Florencia

Re: OMG they nerfed pet battle exp!!!!

Post by Florencia » November 27th, 2012, 3:19 pm

Misstic wrote:They NERFED into the GROUND the exp you would get from fighting Farmer Nishi. I was getting 2400-1680 each battle because I would kill my first 2 pets and give all exp to my leveling pet but now I just did it and got 380 exp. Think that just killed the game for me. I wont grind 1000 hours for each pet to 25 when it took 1.5 hrs before. Blizzard you SUCK, you did not put that in the patch notes, jerks!!!!!
also just noticed this...my lvl 15 parrot just got like 648 exp from farmer nishi with my after teammates died...

It seems like they weren't happy about this plvling mathod.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 27th, 2012, 3:42 pm

Is this a bug? Unless I'm mistaken, the patch notes mentioned an increase to exp gain from the Pandaria Tamers:

"The experience multiplier obtained by all seven Grand Master pet trainers in Pandaria has been increased to x5 from x3.5."
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » November 27th, 2012, 3:44 pm

Quintessence wrote:Is this a bug? Unless I'm mistaken, the patch notes mentioned an increase to exp gain from the Pandaria Tamers:

"The experience multiplier obtained by all seven Grand Master pet trainers in Pandaria has been increased to x5 from x3.5."
EXACTLY I thought you would get MORE exp not WAY less, seems even less than it should be even if they decreased it 1.5.

Darkshroud

Post by Darkshroud » November 27th, 2012, 3:57 pm

My guess is the dead pets are still sapping xp now it's not that they reduced the xp but made it so that the pets doing all the work are still taking xp. Try fighting nishi with a yellow bellied bullfrog since alone it can solo all three pets do an attempt where he dies and one where he lives.

If I'm correct in my assumption both should be the same xp.

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » November 27th, 2012, 4:07 pm

Darkshroud wrote:My guess is the dead pets are still sapping xp now it's not that they reduced the xp but made it so that the pets doing all the work are still taking xp. Try fighting nishi with a yellow bellied bullfrog since alone it can solo all three pets do an attempt where he dies and one where he lives.

If I'm correct in my assumption both should be the same xp.
Ok I just tested this:

Leveling pet is level 24. With my leveling pet and my Mirror Strider in the battle I got 498 exp, and with all 3 pets in the battle I got 333 exp. Still doesnt seem to add up either? I really hope it is just a bug.

Also I dont think it adds up because before with ALL 3 of my pets I was still getting 1680 exp for my leveling pet at level 24, so even if you divide that by 3 it is 560 per pet. So 2 pets should still get 1120 NOT 498 (like currently), still a HUGE undocumented nerf unless it is a bug.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864

Post by Quintessence » November 27th, 2012, 4:59 pm

Report this in the [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012660/]official Bug Forums[/url] if it hasn't already been posted. [url=https://twitter.com/mumper/status/273544412699705344]According to Mumper[/url], you should be receiving an increase of exp from the Pandaria Tamers, so it sounds like a major bug.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » November 27th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Quintessence wrote:Report this in the [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012660/]official Bug Forums[/url] if it hasn't already been posted. [url=https://twitter.com/mumper/status/273544412699705344]According to Mumper[/url], you should be receiving an increase of exp from the Pandaria Tamers, so it sounds like a major bug.
Thank you for the link, I have made a post and will be keeping an eye on it. Hopefully they tell us if it is an undocumented change or a bug. PRAYING for the ladder!!

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » November 27th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Pet xp is all kinds of fubar

My level 20 pet kills 3 24s and is getting 360xp total.
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » November 27th, 2012, 7:01 pm

It's not just pandaland either, having the same issue in outland where I'm now getting 400ish vs the old 2k.

Darkshroud

Post by Darkshroud » November 27th, 2012, 7:07 pm

The experience multiplier obtained by all seven Grand Master pet trainers in Pandaria has been increased to x5 from x3.5.

The experience multiplier obtained by defeating Pet Trainers Julia Stevens, Old Macdonald, Zunta, and Dagra the Fierce has been reduced to x2.5 from x3.5.

Maybe when they did the seccond change here they applied it to all instead of the intended ones only? Combine that with my theory on dead pets still sapping xp and the math seems a lot closer to the current situation.

It's still also possible that they just blanket nerfed xp gained.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 27th, 2012, 9:10 pm

Thanks on behalf of the EU population. Because of this thread I managed to log in and panic level 4 more pets to 25 before the patch here.

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » November 27th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Hellomynameis wrote:Thanks on behalf of the EU population. Because of this thread I managed to log in and panic level 4 more pets to 25 before the patch here.

Glad I could be of help, you are welcome! :-)

Learka
Top Rater
Pet Score:9054
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Learka » November 27th, 2012, 11:02 pm

I really hope this is a bug! I've been quite displeased by this since I tried to level a pet this afternoon.

Mawder
Pet Score:2555

Post by Mawder » November 28th, 2012, 12:53 am

I battled Nicki Tinytech (pets are level 20) in Hellfire Peninsula with 3 level 20s. One died and the second one finished it off. I got 218 xp :(

Then I battle a level 20 against a level 17 normal battle pet group. Kill all three, get 145 xp.

STRANGE

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » November 28th, 2012, 10:23 am

I've clearly been leveling my pets wrong, but now that this bug or possible intended change happened I guess I'll continue grinding the hatchlings in dragonblight!

Essmene
Pet Score:6218
Realm:Burning Steppes-eu

Post by Essmene » November 28th, 2012, 5:08 pm

it would have been great it we had had a formula calculating the pet xp for a fight pre-patch

As we could use this formula now and see if there were any tweaks done.

we know there are tamer modifiers with 2.5, 3.5 and 5. There could be a chance that dead pets soak up xp now or that 25th soak up xp.

again we would need data pre-patch which team setup, how much xp was awarded, who took part, who died.

post patch again. team setup. who fought-died. How much does a single pet gain. how much do two pets gain, how much do 3 pets gain. <was there a change how xp is distributed.

P.S.: Still don´t get it that <eu players cannot post on the american forums.

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » November 28th, 2012, 11:47 pm

I was out all day doing RL stuff and I just got home. Tested this again at Farmer Nishi and it is STILL crappy exp. Didn't they do a hotfix this morning at the 7am restart? Anyone heard any news? The bug forms do NOT list this pet battle exp as a bug and it most certainly is IMO.

Just wondering what you guys think? Would they have fixed it already if it was a bug?

Wynn
Pet Score:5568
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Wynn » November 29th, 2012, 12:27 am

It better be a bug or they going to lose a lot of pvp pet battle people, with how long it will take to level new pets.
Healer that loves Cheesecake, Taiboku - Nall - Ronfa

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » November 29th, 2012, 2:13 am

Found this post, looks like Mumper posted tweets that they are working on a hotfix?? Cant tell if its for the hat, the pet tamers exp or both. What do you guys gather from it?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200032692