Anyone else noticed the PvP Bots ?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Nir
Pet Score:6066
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Anyone else noticed the PvP Bots ?

Post by Nir » April 2nd, 2014, 6:09 pm

I first noticed them last week, kept queuing against :
a. Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
b. Death Adder Hatchling
c. Death Adder Hatchling

but I noticed it wasn't the same player, since he had different armor each time.
how do I noticed it's a bot ?
* he never selected a 1st pet to start with, always let the timer ran out.
* always using the same move combination, regardless of how effective they are.
* Who uses Blinding Poison against Decoy ?

I've reported all those plays, just wondering if anyone else does the same ?

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Anyone else noticed the PvP Bots ?

Post by Kpb321 » April 2nd, 2014, 6:12 pm

The armor doesn't indicate that it wasn't the same person. The appearance of your opponent is random and unrelated to the person you are fighting. If they have custom pet names you can be pretty confident if you are or are not fighting the same person again. With stock names you really can't tell.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » April 3rd, 2014, 6:13 am

Kpb321 wrote:The armor doesn't indicate that it wasn't the same person. The appearance of your opponent is random and unrelated to the person you are fighting. If they have custom pet names you can be pretty confident if you are or are not fighting the same person again. With stock names you really can't tell.

Exactly even you will look different each time to your opponent.
Reason why I don't understand why people name their pets,of course some do so to be offensive , because it makes it much easier to fight that opponent.
Their are a few I seem to que against who named their team like you lose or not your turn with swap teams .
I love it they fight the same way most of the time makes it so much easier to beat them.
Bots have been around for awhile now with 5000 pet wins needed for an achievement and good xp given for winning(and stones to at times ) not shocking they out there.
Only good thing about bots are they are easy to beat.
If you run into it take the easy win and blame blizz for once again allowing something like this to happen.

I got a good bot story for you all.
Months ago me and a few guild mates notice a level 85 flying around the veil farming ore.
Why did we notice it?
First it was flying around all spastic.
Secondly it was 85 how was it flying only 90 's can.
We all reported it and saw this bot doing it for weeks after with the only response from blizz was to right click their name don't send in tickets .
And when one guildy got a GM said they look into it when it was doing the botting at that exact time.
Shouldn't a GM see a flying 85 and shut it down?
Nope the botter kept right on doing so.
Same thing with all the dupping they could stop it but don't .

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » April 3rd, 2014, 8:04 am

I have to say, although botting sadly is a bane in WoW, I think you'll find that most PVP pet battlers are legit. I know for a fact someone thought I was a bot (they tracked me down via my battle tag somehow, but we ended up talking about pet battles :P), simply cos I used the same move set at the start of a battle. Not a bot at all, but once you get into a pattern, I can see why people might think everyone is a bot :P

Also: I truly hope they NEVER do anything like 5k PVP wins again, was one of the most soul destroying times of my WoW career, the only saving grace was that I was off work at that time, so had long days to fill :P

Mojogrow
Pet Score:3210
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Mojogrow » April 4th, 2014, 9:23 am

We're talking bots? Alright, I have ran into 2 main "bots" on my server.

First off, I swear this guy was a bot simply for his move choice. Using Crawdad, Anubisath, a Direhorn, he was on the verge of winning by simply spamming the 1 key and using whatever else on cooldown (Like wish at turn 2 when he has like 200 damage on him). Ended up winning since I noticed and played off of that. Direhorn shielded at 14 health when I was only having 200 left and Charge was up...

Next is the player I dubbed "Mothra". Very simple and I am almost SURE it is a bot, he always runs 3 moths, and only uses Alpha strike. Always starts with the same Moth (Luya or something like that) and goes down his list. I think he come back to check on his bot once, because everything as going as planned, when he suddenly used moth dust and completely took my by surprise. I have faced this guy a good 18-20 times so far and aside from the one time he came back and used moth dust, it has ALWAYS been the same, both the moves and the pets/breed.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » April 5th, 2014, 9:47 am

Mojogrow wrote:We're talking bots? Alright, I have ran into 2 main "bots" on my server.

First off, I swear this guy was a bot simply for his move choice. Using Crawdad, Anubisath, a Direhorn, he was on the verge of winning by simply spamming the 1 key and using whatever else on cooldown (Like wish at turn 2 when he has like 200 damage on him). Ended up winning since I noticed and played off of that. Direhorn shielded at 14 health when I was only having 200 left and Charge was up... .
I've run into that team. The last time the Direhorn just repeatedly shielded. I'm not sure I even get the point of botting a pet battle - I assume pet battles are too boring for them but they want the acheivement.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » April 5th, 2014, 10:16 am

JEC wrote:
Mojogrow wrote:We're talking bots? Alright, I have ran into 2 main "bots" on my server.

First off, I swear this guy was a bot simply for his move choice. Using Crawdad, Anubisath, a Direhorn, he was on the verge of winning by simply spamming the 1 key and using whatever else on cooldown (Like wish at turn 2 when he has like 200 damage on him). Ended up winning since I noticed and played off of that. Direhorn shielded at 14 health when I was only having 200 left and Charge was up... .
I've run into that team. The last time the Direhorn just repeatedly shielded. I'm not sure I even get the point of botting a pet battle - I assume pet battles are too boring for them but they want the acheivement.

Their is the achievement, possibility of stones, and if doing so on a non-maxed out too experience points to be had.
With stones can make money and easy way to level a toon if want to do so.
Sometimes the move base is purposely defensive and they take the whole time allotted hoping for give-up wins.
Wish blizz would do something about this but they never seem to.
God forbid they ban one person and lose a subscription.
Even though one bad apple might make others unsubscribe.
Look at LFR for example.
Problem is not enough people when they leave say stuff like this is the reason why.

Incredibade
Pet Score:2310
Realm:Stormscale-eu

Post by Incredibade » April 5th, 2014, 10:27 am

I made a post about the Mechaincal Dragonling and 2x Death adder botter on the official forum. I still face him all the time, almost everytime i do some pet battles.

Just 2 months ago i was Sherlock Holmes enough to track down the actualy player of a botter with 2x Anubisath and 1 Crawling claw named Xieje on Stormscale. He used the exact same rotation no matter what and yada yada it was easy to spot that he was Botting. I made a ticket about it and the GM kept telling me to right click his protrait, WHAT FUCKING PORTRAIT!? i responded after a while, so basicly you cant report players that bot pet battles, great!

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » April 5th, 2014, 10:49 am

Incredibade wrote: i responded after a while, so basicly you cant report players that bot pet battles, great!
Not to defend Blizzard in this, but I think one issue is that they probably get tons of botting reports that are just player paranoia.

I often fish and do pet pvp at the same time, and occasionally get whispers asking if I'm botting. I assume that I look like I'm appearing and disappearing or moving erratically between pools. I do think that people jump to a lot of erroneous conclusions about botting behavior.

Incredibade
Pet Score:2310
Realm:Stormscale-eu

Post by Incredibade » April 6th, 2014, 3:00 am

JEC wrote:
Incredibade wrote: i responded after a while, so basicly you cant report players that bot pet battles, great!
Not to defend Blizzard in this, but I think one issue is that they probably get tons of botting reports that are just player paranoia.

I often fish and do pet pvp at the same time, and occasionally get whispers asking if I'm botting. I assume that I look like I'm appearing and disappearing or moving erratically between pools. I do think that people jump to a lot of erroneous conclusions about botting behavior.
Well i have reported two players for Botting, and i've got the 5000 win achievement, so i have been doing alot of pet battles. Sure i could have missed a few but if i who consider myself as more of the smart community have reported two players i think its fair to say that the more stupid and incorrect reporters max have reported lets say 6? And some of those are probably correct reports, how many incorrect ones do you actually think they get? my guess is somewhat around fifty-fifty.

Jelstang
Top Rater
Pet Score:8297
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Jelstang » April 7th, 2014, 3:55 am

There's only one team I've ever faced that I was sure was a bot. It was a Gilnean Raven, a Ghostly Skull and a Pandaren Monk. And while the moves and rotations were the same, that wasn't what gave it away. Whenever any of their pets would get stunned (and, as a result, couldn't move), they would, without fail, let the timer run down completely. The same was true when their pet was killed and they had to switch in a new pet. I faced this same team probably over 30 times in the span of a couple of weeks, and it was the same every single time. Every so often they would come back and actively play, because I had a team prepared for them and brought it on whenever I saw they were on and playing (to farm some easy—but slow—victories), but otherwise they had some sort of program that simply ran their team.

There are plenty of teams now that are, e.g., Val'kyr, Mechanical Dragonling and Death Adder Hatchling, but they're not bots: they're just players that use others' strategies. That's not something that can be eliminated.

Gulnarr
Pet Score:2379
BattleTag®:Gulnarr#1172
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Gulnarr » April 7th, 2014, 5:21 pm

I fight a triple fossilized hatchling team all the time that I'm pretty sure is a bot. He never chooses his initial pet, and always lets the timer run out. He does nearly the exact same move order every game, even when we fight 5 times in a row and he should know it won't work. Every once in a while, he does a really weird move that makes absolutely no sense, and I can't believe a human player would do it. For example: After killing his first hatchling, he sends out his second. The next turn, he switches to his third hatchling, without making any moves with the second one.

Mojogrow
Pet Score:3210
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Mojogrow » April 8th, 2014, 8:29 am

My little botter story: Yesterday I continuously got Mothra (The guy only using moths), so, as a result, I began to use my #1 most evil team I own... TRIPLE NEXUS WHELPLINGS! It was hilarious to see him lose time and time again to this already annoying team, one that perfectly counters this alpha strike spamming moths. After about 10 games, I decided to start trying teams... and I actually lost one match, (Broom, Rabbit, Adder) and saw that despite being an easy team to beat since you know he only uses one move, speed dependent pets (which most are running at the moment) are still beat by this. In total, I think I beat him about 25-30 times in that one sitting. As the night went on, and the botter got off,I began to get different teams and they began to adapt to my Whelpings, so I started using beasts like Adder and Xu-Fu mainly (Since that night, nobody was using fliers anymore :D)

Aalea
Top Rater

Post by Aalea » April 20th, 2014, 6:21 am

Mojogrow wrote:
Next is the player I dubbed "Mothra". Very simple and I am almost SURE it is a bot, he always runs 3 moths, and only uses Alpha strike. Always starts with the same Moth (Luya or something like that) and goes down his list. I think he come back to check on his bot once, because everything as going as planned, when he suddenly used moth dust and completely took my by surprise. I have faced this guy a good 18-20 times so far and aside from the one time he came back and used moth dust, it has ALWAYS been the same, both the moves and the pets/breed.
I have come across this same guy a number of times tonight. He seems to think that three moths is a good idea for some reason.