Guild Herald, Page (and other cross-faction issue pets)

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Mia
Pet Score:13338
Realm:Caelestrasz-us
Guild Herald, Page (and other cross-faction issue pets)

Post by Mia » February 8th, 2014, 11:54 pm

Okay... I have all the cross-faction pets in the forms of the lanterns, Guild Pages, Guild Heralds, etc.
However, I can't get my pet collection to reflect this.
This is annoying when I look at other peoples collections and they do have both pages being shown, etc.
Would it be possible for the site managers to put together a statement in one place as to what the current status is in dealing with these pets.
This would be beneficial in that people wouldn't have to hunt through tons of comments in the forums, most of which are severely out of date, and none of which appear to reflect an "official" current stance.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Re: Guild Herald, Page (and other cross-faction issue pets)

Post by Domie » February 9th, 2014, 6:30 am

I didnt have any problem having mine showing up.
Is there any chance the character you obtained it on is under level 10? The pet info is collected from the armory, and the armory doesnt show characters below level 10.
I have no idea if this could actualy have anything to do with it tho.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 9th, 2014, 8:55 am

Domie wrote:Is there any chance the character you obtained it on is under level 10? The pet info is collected from the armory, and the armory doesnt show characters below level 10.
I'm not sure if this actually causes an issue with the guild pets, but it's possible.

[profile]Mia[/profile], do the horde version of the guild pets belong to a character below level 10? Also, when was the last time you logged into those characters? Try logging into those characters a few times and then re-import your armory to see if anything changes.

This situation is especially odd since your armory doesn't show the horde Guild Herald and Guild Page as collected and not collected. Both are simply not there. The issue could very well be an error in the armory, which would be something only Blizzard can fix.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sebsmash
Pet Score:2330
Realm:Baelgun-us

Post by Sebsmash » February 9th, 2014, 10:28 pm

I had an issue where I had once faction changed to Horde then quit the game, I had come back and went back Alliance and I had the Argent Grunt in my pet list and not my Argent Squire. I had thought that transferring back over would just switch them, but instead it just left it as a Horde pet that I can't use. Well, after I had submitted a ticket I now have both, which is pretty nice. Lol

Sorry this if this is off-topic I had never told this story before.

Mia

Post by Mia » February 18th, 2014, 6:12 am

Heya. Sorry about the delay. I lost internet for a while...

I have a Level 90 Horde and multiple level 90 Alliance toons.
I'm in a Lvl25 guild both for the Horde toon and the Alliance toons.
I've tried logging into WarcraftPets with both the horde toon and the alliance toons, but that hasn't seemed to fix things.

I guess I'll have to try querying Blizzard once maintenance is over :(

Mia

Post by Mia » February 22nd, 2014, 1:25 am

Well, I don't know how I managed to do it, because I was pretty sure I'd gone and bought the guild herald and guild page on the horde side.... got to Revered with my new guild and went and bought the two horde side ones... and it let me, plus it updated here an on the armoury.

So... I must've stuffed it up somehow ages ago when I first tried to do it.

Seems to be okay now.

Marisanna
MVP
Pet Score:8203
BattleTag®:Marisanna#1185
Realm:Drak'thul-us

Post by Marisanna » March 22nd, 2014, 5:27 pm

The issue I am having is that my server, Drak'Thul US, merged with Skywall. The Armory isn't updating and Blizz told me they don't know when it will update. I just got my Horde Guild Herald and Page today and will have my Argent Gruntling tomorrow. My main toon is Marisanna, an ally pally. My horde toon is lvl 90, Mariluna on the same server.

Any suggestions. Because when I tried to select "got it". It wouldn't allow me for the Guild Herald or Page. It gave me an error saying armory said I didn't have those pets.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 22nd, 2014, 6:47 pm

Marisanna wrote:The issue I am having is that my server, Drak'Thul US, merged with Skywall. The Armory isn't updating and Blizz told me they don't know when it will update. I just got my Horde Guild Herald and Page today and will have my Argent Gruntling tomorrow. My main toon is Marisanna, an ally pally. My horde toon is lvl 90, Mariluna on the same server.

Any suggestions. Because when I tried to select "got it". It wouldn't allow me for the Guild Herald or Page. It gave me an error saying armory said I didn't have those pets.
The only work around that you can try is using a different character to import your collection from. Try a character on a non-merged server; it needs to be level 10 or higher. Because collections are account-wide, it should have the same import results as the character you are currently using. Keep in mind the Guild Herald and Guild Page are character specific.

Other than that, you'll need to wait for Blizzard to resolve the issues with the armory. Hopefully they'll fix things soon!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » March 22nd, 2014, 8:30 pm

The guild page and guild herald are weird pets. They are the only pets that are character specific... and not truly account wide. The problems that you are having may be due (at least in part) to that. I have the horde guild page and herald on one character... but that character is no longer in the guild she was in when I bought them and I have since paid to move her to a different realm, and now they no longer even show up in her pet journal (though they still show up in the armory). I will admit that the only reason I even care about them now is because I have upgraded all my other non-battle pets that can be upgraded, and would like to upgrade them too. I never even summon the alliance ones (which I have on my main character).