PVP Pet Battle Glitch with What We've Been Training For, FYI

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mickimini
MVP
Pet Score:11740
BattleTag®:mickimini#1851
Realm:Madoran-us
PVP Pet Battle Glitch with What We've Been Training For, FYI

Post by Mickimini » March 19th, 2014, 10:33 am

Hi All, just thought I would leave this info for you so you know. Maybe anyone who reads this can also put in a "Submit a Bug" and hopefully they will get this ironed out soon.

I was doing my weekly PVP Pet Battle Quest, "What We've Been Training For quest!" and I would win, and I would not get credit. This is sporadic. I would win 2 get credit for 1, or some other random credit/no credit combination. So I opened a ticket. This was the response I got.
First, let me apologize for this inconvenience with your What We've Been Training For quest! After looking this issue up I was able to find out that our QA team is aware of this bug and currently in the phase of collecting data on it. Unfortunately I have no way of assisting you in this matter as a Game Master since it is being looked into and is more of a tech issue. >.< There is currently no estimated time for a permanent fix to this, but bugs that prevent players from participating in the game in large ways are usually put on high priority. :) Until then, it seems a bit random for when players will recieve credit and when they wont.

I went ahead and submitted your specific incident to QA so they know about it directly! You can submit your own report by going into the Help menu were you made this ticket and click "Submit a Bug." :D This will help them gather more data and let them know how much of a priority this is from players themselves!
Hope this helps someone else and maybe if we all put bugs in they will fix it sooner. I lost my weekly, as I waited until Monday night to finish this quest and just ran out of energy when I continued to not get credit. :|

Cheers :)

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Re: PVP Pet Battle Glitch with What We've Been Training For,

Post by Awq » March 19th, 2014, 10:48 am

Soon™
It is an old bug. This bug has happened to me during the first week of the weekly.
Logging in and logging out usually fixed it for me.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » March 19th, 2014, 11:51 am

Then there is the random "vanishing from your quest log" bug. Weird thing regarding that... I was dual logged the other day, and one character had the quest in her log, but it was gone from the quest log of the other character.

This is the ONLY quest that does this too. I have kept other weekly quests in my quest log for several weeks before completing them, but this quest is buggy as an ant hill.

Mickimini
MVP
Pet Score:11740
BattleTag®:mickimini#1851
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Mickimini » March 19th, 2014, 12:42 pm

Thanks for the replies, this is the first time it has happened to me :)

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » March 19th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Mickimini wrote:Thanks for the replies, this is the first time it has happened to me :)
Ug, I won 5 pvp battles in a row once before I realized I wasn't getting credit for my wins (I was also watching tv, Bones I think, at the time). Submitted ticket and got the same pat response as you.