FrankenWhelpling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Amatheiya
Top Rater
Pet Score:9494
Realm:Dethecus-us
FrankenWhelpling

Post by Amatheiya » January 24th, 2014, 9:11 pm

While farming the emerald whelp I was reminded of a post where a player had stated with all the tiny fangs, femurs, sacs and scales they had looted during their farm, they could have Built an emerald whelp.

This got me thinking.

Wouldn't it be neat if maybe Leatherworkers could get a pattern for a Frankenwhelp?

It could use 3-6 different kinds of leather and scales, primal/essence/volatile or combo thereof of Life, tiny dragon teeth, venom or flame sacs, dragon femurs, I mean this thing would take a ton of mats. I don't mean 53 of each mat, just maybe 53 different things. The pattern itself would have to be a rare drop, probably off a raid boss.

Can you imagine? Same model as the whelps we love, just a mix of them all. maybe one red wing, one green, black tail with a blue head, body a mixture of the four with clear stitching throughout it.

It could be called Frankie, but would it be classified as undead, dragonkin, or magic?
What abilities would it have?
Could it come in a different arrangement of skins?
-for example, I make one, it has red and blue wings. I make another and it has black and red wings.

I like this so much I want to post it in the suggestions forum, but I'd like to hear my fellow collector's opinions first.

If this is not the correct forum for this post, please forgive me, it looked like the right place.

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11204
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Re: FrankenWhelpling

Post by Ziboo » January 25th, 2014, 3:17 am

It definitely would be novel and definitely would fit with some of the 'creation's roaming around Azeroth! I'd love to see pets for every profession available.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » January 25th, 2014, 7:47 am

I'd love to see someone design this, in the vein of Patchwerk or Stitches!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » January 27th, 2014, 6:04 am

I love this idea. The only thing I would change would be to make the pattern drop from the whelps that you are killing for the pets (I mean what better way to learn how to make a Frankenwhelp than hunting, killing and dissecting thousands of whelps lol). And yes Leatherworking is definitly the profession for this pet.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Shinii
Top Rater
Pet Score:5470
BattleTag®:Shini#1888
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Shinii » February 20th, 2014, 2:44 pm

LMAO i love it but i think it should be a series of frankin pets!
all skinnable creaturse! gone undead!
frankin wolf
Frankin-turtle
Franking-monkey!

OMG this is fun!

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » February 22nd, 2014, 10:54 pm

Great idea, similar to Stitched Pup. :D

Qruel
Pet Score:2714
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Qruel » March 12th, 2014, 12:08 am

I'm with the OP, I think it would be great idea...then maybe they all wouldn't look exactly alike lol :o