ALERT: Battle.net Error after 5.4.7

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us
ALERT: Battle.net Error after 5.4.7

Post by Breanni » February 19th, 2014, 8:33 pm

We're aware of an issue with the Armory affecting anyone who attempts to update their pet collection. It's an issue on Blizzard's end following the release of patch 5.4.7 (Tuesday, February 18th). They are aware of the problem and currently looking for a solution.

For more information: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11765426870?page=1

Unfortunately, there's no ETA on a fix. But they are working it, so hopefully SOON™ :-)

Sorry for the inconvenience, folks. This one is out of our control.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: ALERT: Battle.net Error after 5.4.7

Post by Breanni » February 20th, 2014, 7:01 pm

Looks like it may be fixed now. If you're continuing to experience trouble importing your collection, please post below to let us know.

Also, note that if your realm was recently merged with another realm, that could be the source of the problem. It's related to an older bug that has nothing to do with the 5.4.7 Armory bug described in this thread.

To sidestep this older "merge" bug, you can try temporarily switching your character to an alt on another server (if you have one). That seems to solve the issue for most people.

Mithrel
Pet Score:2674
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Mithrel » February 21st, 2014, 3:05 am

I recently stoned a level 21 uncommon pet, turning it to a level 19 rare. When I re-imported my collection, I got a "success" message, but my pet score didn't change. Since it usually does when I stone a pet, I looked, and it was still showing a level 21 uncommon. Tried switching characters/servers and re-importing, still no change.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554

Post by Kpb321 » February 21st, 2014, 12:05 pm

Check your armory and make sure it has updated. It seems a little hit or miss still or maybe just a little slow. I had the same thing occur but then I logged in did more stuff and logged out again. This time the armory was updated and the update here worked.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » February 21st, 2014, 12:38 pm

Mithrel wrote:I recently stoned a level 21 uncommon pet, turning it to a level 19 rare. When I re-imported my collection, I got a "success" message, but my pet score didn't change. Since it usually does when I stone a pet, I looked, and it was still showing a level 21 uncommon. Tried switching characters/servers and re-importing, still no change.
Your armory only updates when you log out. Were you logged in and just alt+tabbed to here?

I tried mine last night after my leveling binge. It worked as expected for me.

Good luck!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Mithrel
Pet Score:2674

Post by Mithrel » February 21st, 2014, 3:23 pm

Logging in and back out worked. Either that or they updated my armory (probably more likely since before I was on a computer that didn't even have WoW on it).

Sarpants
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
BattleTag®:evenmonkeys#1306
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Sarpants » March 9th, 2014, 9:36 pm

I'm still having an issue with mine. I've logged in and out of WoW several times. I've logged in and out of Blizzard's website several times. All of my characters except one shows "Oops. Character Not Available." So is this something I can fix? Or is this something on Blizzard's end?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 10th, 2014, 1:22 am

Evenmonkeys wrote:I'm still having an issue with mine. I've logged in and out of WoW several times. I've logged in and out of Blizzard's website several times. All of my characters except one shows "Oops. Character Not Available." So is this something I can fix? Or is this something on Blizzard's end?
If your armory is not appearing properly on the B.net website, then it's an issue on Blizzard's end.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Fhina
MVP
Pet Score:13336
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Fhina » October 19th, 2014, 10:15 am

Patch 6.0.2. Getting the Armory error so I can't import my pets or view my character's armory on the World of Warcraft website. Hope you'll provide an in-game addon again (like AskMrRobot) or let us manually update again. Thanks.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » December 3rd, 2015, 3:52 pm

Just got this error, twice, (v6.2.3) and was asked to write it here...

Armory displays fine.. Can [pet]Brightpaw[/pet] be the problem?

Ymsar

Re: ALERT: Battle net Error after 5.4.7

Post by Ymsar » August 27th, 2018, 9:38 am

Well dang, looks like I'm getting this error now. :( I've been able to actually load my character on the WoW Armory using the warcraftpets link too. >< Any fix for this currently? Thank you.

Sistercoyote
Pet Score:13341
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: ALERT: Battle net Error after 5.4.7

Post by Sistercoyote » August 27th, 2018, 11:08 am

Ymsar wrote:Well dang, looks like I'm getting this error now. :( I've been able to actually load my character on the WoW Armory using the warcraftpets link too. >< Any fix for this currently? Thank you.
Same here -- and it's probably not brightpaw.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » August 27th, 2018, 4:45 pm

I was also experiencing this glitch early this morning, however it seems to have resolved itself and I'm able to re-import just fine now.

If you are still seeing this error after waiting for a bit, please let us know.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » November 12th, 2018, 10:11 am

Just got this error after getting a pet.
I can see the pet (Frenzied Cottontail) on my armory page and in game. I logged in and out of the game and waited overnight.

Midknyght
Pet Score:10983
Realm:Azshara-us

Re: ALERT: BattleNet Error after 5.4.7

Post by Midknyght » November 18th, 2018, 10:43 am

I've logged out and then back in to WarcraftPets to no avail. I've also went to my Armory page and it is fine. Not sure what is going on?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Re: ALERT: BattleNet Error after 5.4.7

Post by Quintessence » November 18th, 2018, 11:08 pm

Midknyght wrote:I've logged out and then back in to WarcraftPets to no avail. I've also went to my Armory page and it is fine. Not sure what is going on?
Make sure you are logging into WoW and onto the character you're importing from, log out of the game completely, wait a few moments, and then attempt to re-import your collection to WarcraftPets.

That being said, it's likely an issue on Blizzard's end. The error should resolve itself within the next day or two.

Sinluv
Top Rater
Pet Score:7260
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Sinluv » October 14th, 2019, 8:18 pm

ok haven't checked this website in a few months now, and ive done everything suggested from logging out of here and anything to do with blizzard and logging back in and still getting the error....so now im lost and confused on what to do next